It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombings shatter Israeli calm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

At least two people have been killed and dozens injured in two apparent suicide attacks by Palestinian bombers in Israel and the West Bank.
In the first attack, an explosion ripped through a shopping centre in the central Israeli town of Rosh Haayin near Tel Aviv, killing one person and the suspected bomber and injuring at least 10 others, police said.

The police said they believed the bomber had detonated a charge he was carrying - possibly in a backpack or in a belt - after being challenged by a security guard.

Shortly afterwards, another suicide bomber blew himself up among a group of Israeli soldiers at a bus stop outside the Jewish settlement of Ariel, in the West Bank, police said. One Israeli was killed.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attacks, but the BBC's Simon Wilson in Jerusalem says they are undoubtedly the severest threat yet to the period of relative calm since the main Palestinian militant groups announced a unilateral ceasefire in June.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon responded to the bombings by delaying the release of dozens of Palestinian prisoners, government sources said.

Israelis officials said the latest attacks showed that the Palestinian Authority (PA) must dismantle Palestinian terrorist groups before both sides could move forward to implement the US-backed peace plan, known as the roadmap.

"No hudna (truce), no diplomacy, nothing, just the complete dismantling of the terrorist groups," senior adviser to Mr Sharon, Dore Gold, said.

But senior Palestinian legislator Saeb Erekat rejected the Israeli accusation that the attacks happened due to the inaction of the PA, urging the both sides "to continue the engagement with the roadmap".

Devastation

In Rosh Haayin, the suspect bomber detonated the explosives at the entrance to a supermarket, leaving a mass of twisted...

Rest of Article ...

-Ike

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice piece of zionist propaganda. After reading your post i am under the impression that the suicide bomber attacks were unprovoked. That is however not so since Israel threatened Lebanon with bombing their capital Beyrouth yesterday and killed five palestinians a few days ago, without being provoked. Luckily, the last paragraphs on the link tend to clear the situation up, if not mentionning all details. The suicide bombings remain disgraceful crimes for themselves, of course.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i believe that it was a retalliation, and it does seem like 'cry me a river' propaganda

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
That is however not so since Israel threatened Lebanon with bombing their capital Beyrouth yesterday
[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

Which was, of course, in retaliation for the Lebanese allowing Hezzbollah artillery to bomb Israel from their territory.

This means that it's the Arab extremists who are to blame
You see Moku? Everything can be "justified" can't it?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Leveller, the point that brought the Hezbollah in this mess was an israeli car bomb in Beyrouth. The closer you look at it, the closer this looks like a calculated escalation by Israeli right-wingers.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Leveller, the point that brought the Hezbollah in this mess was an israeli car bomb in Beyrouth.

Where is your proof that this car bomb was Israeli?
Or do you believe everything that Hezbollah tells you?

news.bbc.co.uk...

And even if the Israelis were responsible, I could counter that it was in retaliation for this atrocity:

news.bbc.co.uk...

See you can play the blame game all day long. But you can NEVER win.
As long as the bigots, racists and men of ignorance are allowed to propogate and peddle their lies and deceit, there will never be peace.

People like you Moku are fuelling the very war that you claim to despise.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
excuse me but i think your second link is an error, it links to a McDonalds story...

And for "people like Moku fuel the conflict" What ? I am just analyzing the facts. In your vision of the world, everyone who only thinks or dare to emit hypotheses that are Israel-critic is an antisemite who fuels the killing of innocents ? What is so exceedingly erroneous about my theory that the escalation could be calculated by the Israeli policymakers .. don't forget, these are terrorists and war criminals. I don't hold them in higher esteem than Hamas leaders.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

excuse me but i think your second link is an error, it links to a McDonalds story...

Error? Nope. Not if you read it properly.

A MacDonalds in Beruit in a Christian area. A MacDonalds that was the subject of a terrorist bomb attack.

Maybe you haven't looked at the possibility that the car bomb attack on the Hezbollah terrorist in Beruit was perpetrated by a Christian group in retaliation for something like this?
You've come straight out and blamed Israel without any proof. I say it's just as likely to be another group responsoble for the car bomb and Israel is being used as a scapegoat.
You analyze the facts? You seem to have left out the major fact that there has been civil war in the Lebanon between Christians and Muslims for the last 20 years.
That seems to be a big fact to miss.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well then Leveller, you must also consider the possibility than the hezbollah air defense fire was at an israeli jet violating lebanese airspace, and that therefore israel's menaces of bomb terror against beyrouth are based purely on the desire of Mr. Sharon to make people live in fear in order to furthen his political/diplomatic agenda of exerting pressure on Lebanon...

I understand that the situation isnt simple in Israel, but there is no such thing as "good" and "evil" there since the constant "retaliations" or "provocations" of both sides are fueling the conflict. So the United States shouldnt take sides, and if they want to do something without being justly tagged partial, dispatch the same amount of aid and political/military support to the palestinians and to the israelis.

Anyways, Israel has a huge stockpile of WMD now .. what do they fear ?

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, the terrorists who attacked are to blame. They attacked first, second third forth, then Isreal killed some terrorist leaders, then the terrorists attacked a sixth, seventh, and so forth.

Besides, the most of the terrorists belong to a group that don't exist! There never was a Palestine, so no Palestinians. Like being attacked by Zebowebos, no Zebowian, so no Zebowebos. Yet the Palestinains want their land back. What land? They never had any.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Leveller, you act as if what you say is the truth, and what others say is not. Let me tell you this, both sides are wrong in the first place. They both feel that the only solution is to wipe out the other. They both hate eachother. Neither side want to work on the "peace roadmap" that's a proven fact and everyone who refuse to recognize that is unrealistic.

You can't blame the suicide bombers for what they are doing, and you can't blame the IDF for what they are doing. But you can blame the world community and governments who don't help to change the situation on an objective way, instead they continue to arm one side, and just giving aid to the other. It's the unbalance that's making the situation like it is.

My solution is either "disarm" Israel. or "Arm" Palestinians, but of course only a few will unerstand what I mean, and I know of course that something like that will never happen. It's all about the balance, no good balance means problems, a good balance means bigger chance for peace.

new topics

top topics

join