It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try not to kill the newbies please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I understand what a large site this is and some of us are still trying to find our way around. We will make mistakes and it is good that the mod's and managers let us know. But is it really necessary to do that with tone and belittling in threads and scolding in u2u's? I think this is a very nice site and of course I want to abide by the rules to make it pleasant for us all. But I am human last time I checked and just because I made some posting errors is really no need to make me feel bad.

I know the site has a "business" to run and with its size perhaps this is the best way for you. But perhaps some of you were new members onces and I suspect made a mistake or two. Now I understand I can make this post in this "rant" forum and I am not attacking. I am just noting that it is possible to let people know what the site requires and to help them not to do it again without hurting their feelings. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It can be tough learning your way around. If you haven't already seen this thread, you might want to check it out. It's full of helpful people who will take you under their wing and help you through the 'newbie' stage. All you have to do is ask, and someone will come along and scoop you up.

adopt a newbie!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I collect them, and stick them in a cage, and then I await for when Cthulhu awakens and then I shall give them unto he who devours all!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

(I don't want to get on Cthulhu's toothy side)

Do you poke them with sticks?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I collect them, and stick them in a cage, and then I await for when Cthulhu awakens and then I shall give them unto he who devours all!

LMAO....

Oh no! Here he comes now!!

Memorialday1999 - Interesting screen name BTW....It may take a while to get the feel for things around here, but I promise you it's worth it...

Don't let a slap on the wrist or two take your opinions away from us though - Give them time, and I promise you'll see that our mods make this site a better place through their quick and decisive actions

When you get a spare moment, look over Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

[edit on 6/16/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

join