It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a country that can defeat the United Sates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've got a weird question for everyone. Late nights, friends and I postulate Tom Clancy - style various world scenarios. Given todays technological and politcal situation, is there any one that can best the United States in an all out war?

Keep in mind America's own ever-increasing problems with their own military stretched thin.

I surmise that the problem would mostly be getting to North America and sustaining a fight. On the other hand, the US in an all-out war in another country would prove interesting [i.e. disastrous of the US] as well.

Watcha think?

I know it's a silly question, but the question has been brought up many times; deticating a thread might be a good idea.

EDIT .... i guess a better question would be... what would it realistically take for the worldwide resentment to reach such heights that a coalation would become necessary?

And could it happen?

i still think a leader vs. leader rastlin' match could settle some probs as well

[edit on 16-6-2005 by jangofett]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In terms of present conditions and lets exlude any nuking for now, I think China stands a good chance at giving America a rough ride in a war. Depending on who sides with China could easily spell the end as well.

new topics

join