It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Worst Special Forces And Any Funning InFo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think one of the biggest cock-ups of all time was the Munich Olympic

games, the plan was good on paper but execution was poor. I remember

reading the whole event and what happened but i can't recall all I

remember is that it didn't go to ogood. But I'm sure there are more huge

stuff-ups in teh special forces world.

NOTE: Yes i know they were police but i thought it was a good example.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
But the immediate result was the creation of GSG9, one of the world's most professional CT units.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Huh?

"We all no about the American bomber attacking the Kurdish convoy in Iraq killing American SF which l`m sure now brings a small laugh to none Americans"

Wait a second...which now brings a small laugh to Americans? By "none Americans" do you mean it DOES NOT bring a laugh?

If you are saying that we can joke about this now, you are utterly out of step, buddy. Please tell me that is not what you meant. The loss of life never brings a laugh or a smile to my face. I've seen war in its purest form. Let's not say we can joke or laugh about these things.

Please clarify on what you meant. The lack of English speaking skills confused me in this thread.

-wD

Being ex you should realise that the loss of live that is not your own you don`t give a four ex for.Yes l have blood on my hands does it effect me.No as if they hadn`t been sent to the all mighty then l would have.I didn`t know those guys in a differant time on a differant field even Americans may become the enemy.So no that incident doesn`t effect me and does make me laugh.Now mention British Forces killed by unproffesion idiots hiding behind there stars and stripes that would envoke a differant reaction.So chill dude.Save it for someone who cares.

Ox

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not really a story,

But can you imagine a Cuban SEAL team? 10 guys on tire tubes paddling across the ocean.. "Go to silent run!" They ditch their paddles, lay on their stomachs and paddle with their hands..

I thought it was funny dammit

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WEIRDO i totally agree. In Bosnia we used to have to paint the roof of our APCs and Land Rovers fluorescent orange just so the U.S. fighters and bombers would not try to drop ordanance on us. I mean what was the point of having Camoflauge vehicles if your gonna paint the top fluorescent orange.

We did not take it too serious even the Yank infantary stationed with us used to laugh at it.

War cannot be taken too seriously because if you do your dead trust me i know ive had enough moments.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
WEIRDO i totally agree. In Bosnia we used to have to paint the roof of our APCs and Land Rovers fluorescent orange just so the U.S. fighters and bombers would not try to drop ordanance on us. I mean what was the point of having Camoflauge vehicles if your gonna paint the top fluorescent orange.

We did not take it too serious even the Yank infantary stationed with us used to laugh at it.

War cannot be taken too seriously because if you do your dead trust me i know ive had enough moments.

That just highlights the differance between USA and Brits.

Hows the tan doin.Hope you remebered to take of the oakey`s once in a while.Not good to impress the principals wife with panda eyes

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sorry about the lack of detail; I found this one in a book I read about a year ago.

The Australian SASR were deployed somewhere in South-east Asia, can't remember where, Brunei maybe. Anyway, there was an American Army base about 15kms down the road from the Australian base, and of course the two developed a sometimes-friendly rivalry. One morning the SASR CO got all the men into the back of the squadron's trucks and drove most of the way to the American base, pulling up about 500m short. He then had the men run through the base (while the GIs were eating breakfast) and back to the trucks, where they loaded up and drove back to base.

The american commander was, understandably, somewhat indignant about the Australians' display of apparent fitness, and not to be outdone, he ordered his men to duplicate the feat the next morning, but without the benefit of trucks. Predictably, many of the Americans weren't quite up to running 30k's in the heat, and had to be treated for exhaustion.

The Australian CO didn't stop smirking for a week.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perverbial Eye In The Sky
games, the plan was good on paper but execution was poor.

Actually, that's completely incorrect. The Munich massacre highlighted the one thing you NEVER do in a terrorist situation: allow the terrorists to become mobile. By allowing them to become mobile, it puts hostages at risk, and maximizes the possibility of other people not in the crisis scene getting hurt. Its like what you learn when playing sports. When you have the other team's backs to the wall, keep them there and drive them in. Don't let them back into the game.

The plan was never good even on paper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join