It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Worst Special Forces And Any Funning InFo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am inviting any members who can share any Funny or Tragic stories or info regarding the Special Forces of some less wealth Countries that members may have come across in there military/civillian lives.
We all no about the American bomber attacking the Kurdish convoy in Iraq killing American SF which l`m sure now brings a small laugh to none Americans,but l`m more interested in cox ups that don`t involve the loss of life just pride.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by weirdo]

[edit on 16-6-2005 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
ive got one about the british royal marines storming the wrong beach in a training mission.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2002/02/19/ngib19.xml

link explains it all

how stupid would u feel ?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"Back in the mid 90`s l was lucky enough to travel to the med to for a little training excercise.We had been in the mountains after a long hike from the beach infiltrating in Ch-53`s and Zodiacs.We had done a recon of the target and were about to leave for the mission.It was a raid against a communications site located on a remote hillside.Our Foreign troops were leading the raid and we were just along for the ride.I was pulling up the rear behind my Warrant Officer.We were moving down a road although this is not the prefered method but the terrain was too steep for much else and we had grown tired of suggesting actual tactics to our host Captain.So we said what the hell just to get it over with and get home.We moved out along the road and began our stroll.After about 5 minutes we stopped.Being at the rear l had no idea why.But with these guys we seemed to stop alot.So l waited covering the teams rear area.Finally we began moving again.After a few minutes my w2 comes up quietly laughing,as quietly as he could.You have to see this he says handing me the NVG`s.Look at the head of our line he said.I pu the NVG on and look forward.There in front of the guys (both us and Foreign)was there leader with a cut down tree holding it in front of himself as he walked.I guess he didn`t think a tree walking down a mountain road with 20 guys behind would arouse much suspicion.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
These guys have to take the cake of being not only the worst trained but the unluckiest as well.

• Firstly, as far as there luck goes.
    In 1977, Egypt's Task Force 777 was created. Initially, this unit was staffed by 3 officers, four NCOs, and forty operators. Soon after, they were thrust into battle unprepared in the Libyan desert. They had no order of battle, no experience and little organization.

Then, in 1978 they were dispatched to assault an airplane hijacked by the PFLP (Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine) and flown to Cyprus. Having only an hour to plan while in the air they were unprepared. Then, the Egyptian Ministry of Defense neglected to inform the Cyprus authorities of TF 777's imminent arrival. The local police and Guard units thought the assaulting commandos were terrorist reinforcements and took TF 777 under fire. An 80 minute firefight that cost the lives of 15 777 operators and several Cyprots ensued.

• Secondly as far as their skills and training
    TF 777's most notorious operation though, was the botched rescue attempt at Malta. Palestine Radicals, angered over Egypt's failure to protect the fleeing Achille Lauro terrorists, seized Egyptair flight 648 (ironically, the same airplane that had been used to transport the Achille Lauro terrorists out of Egypt) and flew it to Luga Int. Airport in Malta. This time, Egypt made sure that the foreign government new TF 777 was coming.

The members of TF 777 however, made several errors. First, they failed to perform any surveillance of the ground situation. Second, they failed to debrief hostages that had survived a botched execution attempt. Third, they didn't study blueprints of the Boeing 737. Fourth, they did not have stun grenades. Lastly, TF 777 operators elected to blow a hole in the roof to gain entry to the 737.

In order to stun the terrorists and gain time for operators to enter through the hole in the roof, the explosive charge was increased beyond recommended levels. The blast was so powerful SIX rows of seats were knocked loose and nearly twenty passengers were killed. Then members who entered though the doors began throwing smoke grenades and firing indiscriminately. Snipers positioned on top of rescue vehicles began firing at fleeing civilians. In all, the botched operation killed 57 hostages.

The charge I believe they was was about 15kg of HE more than 15 times the amount needed. Talk about no idea.

www.specwarnet.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Up by me in Gloucestershire is the Royal Air Force's Personnel Training Centre - PTC.

About 12 or maybe 15 years ago, the MOD spent over £87.5M upgrading the site to accomodate the brand new PTC building and new Squadron HQ. Of course this upgrade was ordered by the Tories. But now, we have a labour government who is hell bent on getting value for money and they want to close it!

As announced on national press - before the personnel have been informed mind you, theat fat pompous SecDef John Reid told the entire country that RAF Innsworth would close next year with a loss of 1700 jobs.
Actually given the knock on effect, the actual number is close to 2500 - but please do not embarrass the SecDef for not knowing the true facts!

And he insists that the deployment of the RGBW (a battalion earmarked for disbandment and merger with the L.I) are being sent to Afghanistan on a routine deployment when in fact, they are being deployed to bail those Yanks out - yet again!

Not only is this not funny, but how do you get value for money from soldiers that have no future in the army and who may be killed because as Labour has said time and time again, there is no war in Afghanistan. We are there as a military force carrying out policing duties, then don't supply enough ammo to do the job?

Sorry, but I get so angry!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i remember reading somewhere about a soldier in an african military playing golf on an airfield. Apparently he hit the ball into a plane taking off, which then crashed into some other planes on the ground. Thereby wiping out the countries entire air force with one hit!!!!

Wonder if they charged him for that???

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Check this popular video of a UK Marine landing...

Video

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Check this popular video of a UK Marine landing...

Video

Thats british army....not marines, also that was a staged event...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Thats british army....not marines, also that was a staged event...

actually its the French in diguise
, u see if they messed up badly people dink it was the Brits since u see the helmets and uniforms and weapons. but most people wont fall for it since Brits dont trip themselves that much.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Worst I'm not sure, stupidest I bet so...But I think the most interesting Special forces available to any government has to be the Morrocan Land Mine Team, fielded with monkeys, if I remember correctly. I seem to remember them being offered to the U.S. for Land mine disposal after the Iraq War.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
Worst I'm not sure, stupidest I bet so...But I think the most interesting Special forces available to any government has to be the Morrocan Land Mine Team, fielded with monkeys, if I remember correctly. I seem to remember them being offered to the U.S. for Land mine disposal after the Iraq War.

Yes, yes they were. I think it's a great idea. Sending monkey's across a mind field to clear it but then I hate those evil creatures.:|

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
actually its the French in diguise
, u see if they messed up badly people dink it was the Brits since u see the helmets and uniforms and weapons. but most people wont fall for it since Brits dont trip themselves that much.

Yeah
sure or you could just hate the french.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What so we get 23 pages of who has the best Special Forces and less than a page for the worst and no personnel info from anybody with a background in the military.

Guess this section is full of Armchair freaks,kids, Weirdo`s and wannabes.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not special forces, but it is good enough to honor one of my friends

During a war game exercise in Germany (he's american) my friend was ordered to a position with a Anit-Air man protable missile and told to shoot anything that comes thru here. So he sat down with for a smoke and waited. Then he heard the sound of a chopper coming nearby and set up his weapon. Sighted, fired and called out to the wargame offical nearby "Scratch one Helicopter" The helecopter moved off, came back, and he found it was the "Enemy" Commander and his HQ staff. ANd got a carpet dance to end all carpet dances that was well worth it

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I served for 8 years with the British Parachute regiment. I have seen enough funny things that still have me in tears but the best happened in Jordan in 1994. We were sent out to Jordan as part of a public relations exercise. Our task was to go on exercise with the Jordanian army and show them how we do things and vice versa. One day whilst on a live firing exercise in the desert it was the Jordanians turn to storm approx 4 bunkers stretching over the dunes for about 1km. Now for those in the know you will understand that noise simulation usually initiates the attack. Well up on a hill behind the jordanians was me and a colleague armed with a GPMG and a belt of ammunition. Our task was to fire some rounds over their heads simulating the attack. To our biggest nightmare the idiots only turned round facing away from the exercise area and started returning fire towards us. We had to scramble down as fast as we could to get away from them. They were firing at us for about 2-3 minutes before realising what they had done. I believe their headshed received a right bollocking. About 2 days later we and the Jordanians were holding a fire power demo basically firing different types of weapons to show each other our fire power. The King of Jordan and a few British ministers were under a marquee to the right of us watching. We showed them the LAW 94 and the MILAN then 2 Tornados flew past and dropped some ordanance. The King and Ministers were well impressed. Next it was the Jordanians turn. 2 of them go into a 3 sided bunker built up to about 5 foot all round with sandbags. They pull out something similar to our LAW 94 extend it and prepare to fire. What happened next was unbelievable. On pressing the trigger the whole bloody bunker exploded sending up a mushroom of sand and canvas sandbags. The projectile flew up into the air at a alarming angle and dissapeared over the next hill. The 2 guys came crawling out of the blown up bunker looking like somethin out of a cartoon with black faces and ripped clothing. The rest of the Jordanian Army stood up and applauded them including the King. We didnt know where to put our faces. Anyway 12 months later we were told we were returning to Jordan for another PR exercise. The amount of fellas who opted to go on boring courses and duties rather than return was unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Huh?

"We all no about the American bomber attacking the Kurdish convoy in Iraq killing American SF which l`m sure now brings a small laugh to none Americans"

Wait a second...which now brings a small laugh to Americans? By "none Americans" do you mean it DOES NOT bring a laugh?

If you are saying that we can joke about this now, you are utterly out of step, buddy. Please tell me that is not what you meant. The loss of life never brings a laugh or a smile to my face. I've seen war in its purest form. Let's not say we can joke or laugh about these things.

Please clarify on what you meant. The lack of English speaking skills confused me in this thread.

-wD

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I dont know any... But some things here are really funnny...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
While operating on a small US Navy frigate in a mid-east location, we received orders that we would be receiving a flight of US Army Special Forces helicopters for a period of a few months. These units were specially configured OH-6 Loach's, equipped with Zuni rockets, mini-guns, and special NV equipment. The aircraft were all painted flat black, had no marking, ran with no running lights, and were nearly impossible to see at night, even in close quarters. We would be receiving 3 aircraft, and pack them in tightly in our port helo hanger.

Well, the ship goes to "flight quarters", and the fire fighting team, air team, and everyone else assembles in the port hanger. The LSO is in the shack, waiting for the call from CiC that the birds are inbound. The birds announce they are on their way, then go radio silence.

CiC can't see anything on radar, cause the birds flight so low they get lost in the sea clutter. Lookouts cant see or hear shyte; at sea in the night it surprisingly dark and noisy. Captain is having a fit cause the birds won't answer calls after they indicate they are inbound. 5 minutes goes by. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. Where the hell are these guys?

Meantime the entire F/F crew and flight team are sitting on their duffs in the port hanger, drinking cokes and chewing the fat. All of a sudden, the door to the flight deck opens, and these long-haired dudes in green camo come strolling in with their sea-bags slung over their shoulders. As everyone stares in disbelief at these new strangers (mind you, we are 30 nm to sea from the nearest land mass, at night, in the Indian Ocean) give everyone a smile and say "Don't forget to check the oil and wash the windows, boys".

The 3 Loaches had made a stealth approach to the ship, circled it 3 times at less than 100 meters, and then landed, unassisted and at night, on a pitching flight deck barely big enough to accomodate their airframes. The LSO in the shack above the flight deck never even saw them until they were getting out of their A/C. He claimed he was distracted while reading a training manual..........

The Captain went bonkers and demanded that they all get written up. These dudes, who were wearing the ranks of Army Captains and Majors, just laughted at him and said "Do you realize who we are working for?" After a few calls to AB on VHF, the Old Man calmed down (but still wouldn't trust these guys as far as he could throw them....)

Few the next few month we had our own private little air force on that ship (including our own SH-60B Seahawk), and we had to keep a short lease on these guys, because they had a tendency to ignore SOP and the ROE.

Some day I'll write up the story of how they buzzed the Russian Sovremenny-class destroyer at night and took some awesome 2-color IR video of the poor dudes pissing their pants went they realized that strange noise they were hearing (muffled rotors) and weird green lights they were seeing (instrumentation panel lights) were 3 US helicopters hovering 25 meters off their bridge wing.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yeah
sure or you could just hate the french.

Seeing how everyone in the world likes to hate the frenchs abilities in combat I highly suggest doing this google activity:

go to www.google.com (I know,i know everyone knows this address, but you would be surprised considering some questions people ask on the net).

Type in 'french military victories' (no need for the quote symbols).

click 'Im feeling lucky'.

Have a look what google returns - pure gold.

To mae it even more funny, try clicking on their reccomendation!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pakistani Special Forces failed miserably on all fronts in the 1965 war.

link

Thousands of these special forces surrendered to India (in addition to 96,000 normal soldiers) in the 1971 war

In 1999 Pakistani special forces were futile in their attempt to defend Tiger Hill which the lost to India's special forces despite having the great advantage of being at a height and being able to shoot down from a height on climbing Indians

They are very unprofessional as well and since they go on jihad for every operation and dont seperate relegion from war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join