It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If there is no such place as area 51, then why was there a game released about it and you have to kill the aliens! On the advertisement a government offiacial says "there is no such thing as area 51 it is just a government test facility, there are no aliens" Did he not just contradict himself by saying "There is no such thing as area 51" and then he said "it is just a government test facility" Reply with your views and beliefs of this

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Lol! Its just a freakin game and the "goverment official" is an actor.

There have been SO many games about aliens its ridiculus. My favourite remains X-Com 2 (Terror From The Deep), where aliens in this huge mother ship is awakening (after humans killed their Mars base) and start to take over the world, you lead the elite commando that have to stop them. Those slimy floating brains still scare me...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The only thing that scared me about terror from the deep was how damn hard it was! and how many hundreds of hours i spent playing it!

Still not as good as the first X-com tho

This thread should probably be moved over to BTS

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Heh, I love that game.
There's games where you're on other planets. It's just a game, sheesh.

There's a part in the game where you go up an elevator to a set that looks like the moon. It has the apollo lander and all.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I goes something like this...

Government: there are no aliens
there are no exprienments
and everything is under control...
then US soliders start blasting aliens lol
while on one side, the government deinals and another screen solider killing aliens lol, it was one of the best ads on tv lol

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm going to move this over to the video games forum.
To sell games, designers will make a game based on anything that is popular, it's as simple as that.
You can't confuse the fantasy of a video game with reality. It's like saying that there must be a sneeker wearing blue hedgehog running around somewhere at supersonic speeds because there are games out about it. Who knows, maybe somewhere there is, but the game cannot be seen as proof of it.
And you have to ask yourself, on the advert , do you really believe that it was a real government official stating that there is no area 51?
You obviously have an interest in area 51, but there are many threads around already that discuss the topic, and this will inevitably become a thread to discuss the game and others like it and it seems to be heading that way already, hence the move.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I love this game! Not only is it fun, but it was really made with the conspiracy theorists in mind --- its like the conspiracy 'bible'. There are many little 'secrets' and documents that you can unlock during the game, and most of them refence some issue/item from the alien conspiracy 'lore'. Actually, look at the cover and the reflection in the grey alien's eye -- its the lunar lander, of all things.

The production team had a great sense of humor and probably a lot of fun making this game.....

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Its a combination of 3 already successful First Person Shooters. Dont know if you'll all agree but dont the:
1) Costumes look like Halo
2) Darkness & Atmosphere of Doom
and
3) Your character looks like the guy from Half Life (The black rimmed glasses/shorthair/etc...)

Pretty damn good game though!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
man i cant belive i have to get this game

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Cmon guys, calm down ""it's just a game!!!!!!!"" :shk:

Anyways, nice thread, good point too. lol!!! What was with that??? Any1???

Stuey and ulshadow, u got some points. lol, what's with that???

[edit on 16-7-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
its just all about consperiacy and a freakishly awsome game...

new topics

top topics

join