It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dizzy Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I pondered on something the other day when someone reffered as Australia as down under,and i`ll say for the record that i`m more than happy with that and so will you be if what i thought is right?

When someone discovered that a magnatised needle would point north and south they would have had to have a 50/50 guess which one to put the arrow head and the tail on.

Now imagine the picture in your head of the globe and turn it 180 degree`s,if i`m correct? thats what it may supposed to look like and Australia is on top of the world but upside down.

Personally i dont think the universe has a top and bottom,and true north is only based on your perspective when you look straight up from where you are.

Anyway if that thought did make you dizzy look at a common globe and you feel much better,and dont think about it ever again.

Agree or disagree?

feel free to add your own trivial pondering`s,someone might be able to answer them.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by gps777]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There are plenty of true and correct maps and globes that have Antarctica at the apex of the world with the oceanic antipodes and Latin America in their southerly extremities at the top.

You can probably find them easily on the net?

Let me try.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There are plenty of examples of the correct maps here:

www.flourish.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well i`ll be!!! Nice one thanx MaskedAvatar .

tho that dizzy feelin just came back

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
or imagine that we have up and down correct as far as the earth in relation to the sun - and even if the sun in relation to the galactic center maintains the traditional up down of the earth - what if the milky way galaxy is resting on its side (ie. vertical), then north and south of earth would actually be east/west of the universe.

although, like you said, there is no up and down, so we are all simultaneously upside down, right side up, sideways, and on board a planet spinning so fast it's a miracle we aren't constantly motion-sick.

new topics

top topics

join