It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shroud of Turin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
here's a Resource, for your extended inquiries..

after scrolling down for other important categories. I remembered to look into 'Shroud of Turin' (plus 200 links)...some are defunct...but the one i looked at, ie: the Pilate Coins was there.

www.mysteries-megasite.com...
~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

some links that don't work- -> catholicgoldmine.com & theworkofgod.org.......just a sample of what to expect

+++~~~+++

I have this site marked as 'favorites' for quik referal to ;
..... 500 topics ! welcome aboard [gamecock or tiger?]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
OK for the sake of argument I would request that more than just a one line comment with respect to why the Shroud of Turin is a fake be posted. Please no sites rather a comprehensive post which goes into the specifics, facts and details which is clear to all would be appreciated.

Of course the alternative would be acceptable with respect to those who feel otherwise.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
as to Knight & lomas' theory that it is a shroud used by and on Jacque de Molay
i have a couple problems,

1 as to it being the one used by deMolay in rituals i find it unlikley simply because deMolay was not resident in Paris , he had just come up there
from Malta (i think) at the orders of the pope. that it was one used by the temple in paris i could buy.

2 i see no way given the rule of the Templars that their (knight & Lomas')
theory is possible. according to their theory this crucifixion of de Molay took
place within days if not hours of the arrests. that being the case the image cannot be de molay or for that matter any Templar as their Rule ( as i recall)
forbade them from cutting their beards, and required them to cut their hair.

another book to investigate is The Turin Shroud: in who's image
authors lynn Picknett & Clive Prince

as to being a photographic image there was a "camera" that could have been
built and if memory serves me diVinci had made drawings of is and done experiments with mirrors that could have been used as light sources or magnifiers.. he was also well known for his experimentation and research
with cadavers. several of his well known works have been found to contain
either portraits or self of himself, Mona lisa, lastsupper and adoration of the magi come to mind. did he do it? i dont know. if he did it is by far his best work ever found and should reside in the Louve along side Mona Lisa.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A new book is out by Mark Antonacci, "The Resurrection of the Shroud".
It has all the scientific studies in it, the problems with the studies, and also debunks all of the theories (ie painted). Scientists explations of the improper use of carbon 14 dating,etc. Also in it is the drop-cloth theory which is fascinating....I suggest all interested in the Shroud should purchase this book.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
www.mcri.org... is a link to the Shroud of Turin research performed at the McCrone Research Institute. It's an analysis of the areas appearing to be bloodied: "Forensic tests for blood were uniformly negative on fibers from the blood-image tapes. [Paragraph break] There is no blood in any image area, only red ochre and vermilion in a collagen tempera medium. "

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i watched a documentary recently and there is great proof that the shroud is actually the first form of photograph taken by leonardo devinchi, many things contribute to this such as, the similarity between the face of the shroud and the only self portait of leonardo, leonardos hatred for religion, the shroud dated to his time.

here is an article i just found on google about it www11.brinkster.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join