It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with stonehenge?....... And what about crop circles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What's up with stonehenge? How would "cavemen" be able to move those big rock slabs?
Did aliens maybe have contact with Earth then to?
And what about crop circles? I once heard about a guy with a cellphone. He was a crop circle invesigator. He was sitll on the phone when he entered the crop circle. before he entered he checked his battery and it was full. Are crop circles alien signs, or stupid cows rolling around in the grass?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, how were the pyramids built???? Maybe the stonehedge was carved out of a larger hill of stone and the small pieces chiseled off and carried away.
As far as crop circles and cows rolling around laughing there butts off, I would like to see that, and maybe the methane gas given off from the cows have a higher power than we know.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Stonehedge has changed ya know. How would you explain that?And how were the pyramids built?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Stonehedge could change easily with weather errosion and the shifting of the ground under it. Heck people could very well have changed it also, just like those sneaky crop circle creators.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Maybe the stonehedge was carved out of a larger hill of stone and the small pieces chiseled off and carried away.

That still wouldn't account for the horizontal slabs of stone on top. They are separate from the verticle pieces that hold them up. At the very least, they would have to have been cut away from the verticle "legs" and at least temporarily lifted.

I don't think science will ever solve the riddle of Stonehenge, or even the Pyramids. The only way we'll ever know is if those who took part in their creation land their UFO's and explain it all to us!

JAK

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A heads up for those in the UK, on Monday 20th June there is a programme on Channel 5 about Stonehenge

Five Online
    Stonehenge - The Ultimate Experiment - Live! (Scientific Documentary)
    Time - 19:30 - 21:00 (1 hour and 30 minutes long)
    When - Monday 20th June on five

Live broadcast following the construction of an authentic, 360-degree replica of the famous monument which has been transported to and erected in a secret location. This will be followed by an exploration of why the circle was built and what it was used for; and will culminate in a summer solstice ceremony as it would have looked 4,000 years ago. With Kate Sanderson and John Suchet.
    (Stereo,Subtitles)

Jak

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Back in them days us humans did not have much to do but push around rocks all day.... To assume that it would not be possible for 1000's of humans to do is sorta insulting...

Also What you have to think about is that most of tools to do such stuff my not be around today because it was all made from rope and logs...

Did anyone ever see the story on TV about a small island that had a rain forist... The tribes that lived there had a tradition of building Stonehenge type facies... basically what ended up happing was a lot of them where pushed over and busted down... Way this happened was a big mastery for a long time... till now.... we fond out that what ended up happening was the tribes used the trees to build this things and used up the islands resorcies... witch started war.. they where so mad that they pushed most of them over in anger..

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by menacer
Back in them days us humans did not have much to do but push around rocks all day.... To assume that it would not be possible for 1000's of humans to do is sorta insulting...

2 dozen adult men did it. Moved one stone from the quarry to the stonehenge site using just the tools and technology believed available at the time stonehenge was built. If I recall correctly it took 18 days to move the stone. A university sponsored the project.

and the island is Easter Island.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
dave_54 - Thats right!! Thanks do you know the name of the show?

A little link with some info... This explained what happened better than I can.

www.xenophilia.com...

[edit on 16-6-2005 by menacer]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I did a report on Stonehenge a few years ago in school. I think from my research that it is most likely that Stonehenge was built in entirely 'normal' ways; i.e., no supernatural, aliens, or hyper-advanced technology. An excellent book on Stonehenge is John North's book It was my primary reference for the report.

Due to the rather unique stone at Stonehenge (parts of it are built out of bluestone), scientists have basically proven that the only close by location of bluestone is where the stuff came from. It's been awhile, but I think it was 30km away.

Of course, you could always believe the old legends, which say that Merlin floated the stones through the air, hehe. Somehow, I don't think anyone at ATS will buy into that one, though.

(edit begins here)
Lol, just noticed the part about crop circles. I don't know jack about those, so no comment. The extent of my knowledge is the movie 'signs'

[edit on 16-6-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The stones from stonehenge were actually dug out from some place in Wales! How they moved them is a different matter, were they super strong?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What i find insulting is the fact too many people assume that humans of 10k years ago where any different than us today. The peoples of that age where in all intense and purposes exactly the same as us today. The great thing about humans is our gift of over coming problems, to attach great cultural and technological achievements to as an un-confirmed race/alien and give them the credit for it i find vulgar in the extreme.
If einstein was born in 4000bc what wonder would he have discovered then? What if newton was born in 6000bc what would he have discovered?

The point is people assume our ancestors of 15000bc to recent times as some kind of savages yet look at all the great and amazing things these peoples have built, discovered and invented. To demean their work by attaching it to aliens with absolutely no proof or evidence is what makes people laugh at conspiracy communities.

As for the stones as speight89 has said they have been determined as coming from wales and the theory as from what i understand it is they where transported via ( not 100% on this will look it up later) boat/barge as some large sarson stones exactly the same as those at stonehenge have been found underwater and scientist/archeologist theorise that these where there due to the tranporting vessal sinking for 1 reason or another. As i said there thats the theory atm afaik.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know, some people speculate that crop circles are basically a very stupid way for aliens to communicate with us. The wierd thing is they did tests on them and combined all the circles, and they came out with semjase's beam ship.

top topics

join