It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Zone - which secret society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I read Stephen King's The Dead Zone many years ago and loved the book.

I now watch the TV show off and on (I would watch it all the time, but can't figure out when it's actually on).

I saw an episode last night that had the secret society start to get involved with Rev. Purdy and Rep. Stillman. The guy from the secret society had a ring with a red triangle looking thing on it.

OK, I'm not up on my secret societies. Which society has a ring like that as it's symbols? What might I expect from such a society? What's the symbolic significance of Johnny's creepy looking double that's trying to screw up everything?

If the apocalypse is coming, I want to at least understand what's going on! LOL!

Knowing my luck, the Anti-Christ would move in as my neighbor and I'd think he was just some weird looking foreigner with strange voodoo habits.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is a T.V. show!? What are you suggesting that the society in the show is real???

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That is a T.V. show!? What are you suggesting that the society in the show is real???:

It's supposed to be the lead up to the apocalypse. Johnny gets these visions of the future after he was in a coma for years and years, and it somehow has something to do with the lead up to the apocalypse.

I think the guys with the rings are Illuminati, but I'm not certain ...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Did the ring look like this? :

That is a Royal Arch Masonic ring. I highly doubt the SS on the show you're watching is ANYTHING like Royal Arch Masons are, but I'm just trying to humor you.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In case you missed it last time here is the schedule:

www.usanetwork.com...

It's on now USA networks...Eastern time!

Maybe we all can see the ring...ourselves?

[edit on 15-6-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That is a Royal Arch Masonic ring.

That's not exactly it. I think the ring was gold. It did have a red triangle, but it was offset a little bit, and I think it had something like an eye inside it. I only saw it briefly, so I'm not exactly sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hey, The Dead Zone is on USA right now, so if you're quick you might see the ring ...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
here come the guy with ring on his hand!

if you missed that...than wait until towards the end!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, the ring is not gold, it's silver. It has a circle with a triangle in it, and outside the triangle the circle is red. The triangle has a dot or an eye in it or something.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
OK, the ring is not gold, it's silver. It has a circle with a triangle in it, and outside the triangle the circle is red. The triangle has a dot or an eye in it or something.

I think it's just make-believe

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I think it's just make-believe

No, the ring has to be recognizable because they don't say who the guys of the secret society are, they just show the ring - as if that's all you need to understand who they are.

But, since I'm not up on the secret society stuff, it doesn't mean a thing to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
No, the ring has to be recognizable because they don't say who the guys of the secret society are, they just show the ring - as if that's all you need to understand who they are.

I'm pretty familiar with secret society symbols, and that is not the symbol of any secret society I know. The thing is, if the show expects its audience to know what it is, it would HAVE to be a recognizable symbol, such as the Freemason's square and compass. The symbol you described is nothing of the sort, otherwise SOMEONE here would know what it was.

I think it's just designed to be mysterious and create suspense. I doubt it has anything to do with any REAL secret society, especially not one who's symbol would be widely known among the american public.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Dude it is just a television show.
Pure fiction.

new topics

top topics

join