It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tejas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hello people im new 2 this site. im an airforce fanatic and i'm really excited about the Tejas but on many forums i saw that the people thought that the Tejas was "butt-ugly" what is up with that 1st of all its the performance that matters 2nd of all its not butt-ugly.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Well, for what its worth I agree. It is a simple and straightforward tailless delta design, ugliness doesn't come into it. It is also the first midwing tailless delta I have seen since the Fairey Delta 2.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It IS butt ugly...

Well...then again you are Indian... Of course you think the Tejas is pretty...I can't tell you otherwise.... To me, it is just butt ugly. I won't go into performance, but it isn't performing THAT well.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
It is a simple and straightforward tailless delta design.

WTF last time i checked the LCA had a tail

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i think maybe he is refering to mca ?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by siddarthpanditv]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Chinawhite; check again, it is definitely tailless.

Siddarthpanditv; No, I meant the Tejas.

Both of you; I said tailless, same as Concorde, Mirage, FD.2 etc etc. I did not however say finless, now did I? be honest

[edit on 17-6-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It ain't ugly, just simple and uninteresting in design.
Now this is ugly

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Where are the jet intakes on the mac picture posted above? The frontal view does not show anything except for the body and wings.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Chinawhite; check again, it is definitely tailless.

Siddarthpanditv; No, I meant the Tejas.

Both of you; I said tailless, same as Concorde, Mirage, FD.2 etc etc. I did not however say finless, now did I? be honest

[edit on 17-6-2005 by waynos]

*cough* umm... i think everyone has seen a picture of the LCA dont embaress yourself.

i dont know what your trying to say but there is clearly a tail on that

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I believe thats not a tail because a tail is movable and that certainly is not, its just an extension of the delta wing to the rear of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Call it what you like that's a tail, I don't see how it cant be one.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think those could be called flaps like the ones on J-10.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Um, I think by "tail-less" they meant no horizontal stabiliser.

And yeah that plane has no horizontal stabiliser.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
thats right Taishyou, you are correct. China white, the only person 'embarrassing' themself here is you, maybe you should see a doctor about that cough

Or maybe you could just learn about aeroplanes before trying to correct someone else.

A tailless delta, whatever you might WANT to think, is one where there is no tailplane, hence the name. The tailplane, you see, is the small stubby wing-like thing you usually find at the back, without this the plane is tailless.

for example;

Gloster Javelin, Sukhoi Su-9, F-16 = tailed deltas

Concorde, Tejas, Mirage III/5/2000 etc = tailless deltas, you could always look it up in a book if you want.

The concept of a plane with no fin either, such as the Indian project above, is different and, other than for flying wings, totally new. Don't try to teach your granny how to suck eggs.

Here, you might learn something;

www.answers.com... I thank you.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by waynos]

[edit on 18-6-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Where are the jet intakes on the mac picture posted above? The frontal view does not show anything except for the body and wings.

its just a sketch. And i think i see the intakes in the side view
so..... yeah

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
oh tailess delta. i throught you ment that tail on top of the engine

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
How would planes handle yaw without their vertical stabilisers? What if they end up with a crosswind when landing? Would they have to bank to correct their heading?

Hmm or maybe vary the individual thrust of each engine if it's 2 engined or maybe use 3D thrust vector... ok...

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Taishyou, you would control it by slowing one wing down. If you watch the B-2 flying, you'll see on the ends of the wing big spoilers that open up, one on top of the wing, one on the bottom. If you slow down one wing, the plane will turn into that wing. On the B-2 both panels stay closed and work as an aileron to turn the plane, then they open on one wing to yaw the plane, or open on both wings to slow the plane for landing. Here's a good picture of what I'm talking about.

www.fas.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
ohhhh ic. Thanks. That's a good concept, lowers drag and increases stealth. Too bad the J-XX is not going to do that, I doubt it would be as stealthy as MCA.

CTO

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Geez... that bird looks like someone stole the plans to the F-106 and got slightly creative... It's not ugly... it just looks old...

And by the way... that IS a tailless design...

I'm qualified to say that... retired test pilot, 17,500+ hours pilot in command, primarily high performance single and two seat aircraft...

new topics

top topics

join