It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Broken Up by UFO in Earth's Atmosphere!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It looks like a simple meteor breaking up to me. Out of curiosity did this get much (or any) media attention when it happened? It could just be the video camera has an awesome zoom, but that looked like a pretty decent sized meteor...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
It looks like a simple meteor breaking up to me. Out of curiosity did this get much (or any) media attention when it happened? It could just be the video camera has an awesome zoom, but that looked like a pretty decent sized meteor...

Yeah, meteors break up all the time, that is the smaller ones, by themselves...

then you have a Project Deep Impact that deliberately goes out into space just to smash a comet into pieces, that has no chance of ever becoming a meteor, mainly it seems in search of justifying a reason for doing so

"The big, grown-up boys on the NASA team can hardly wait. Next Fourth of July, they get to bust up a comet, Hollywood-style.

The Jerry Pippin Radio Show interviews one presenter, Blair Mignacco, at the March 2005 International UFO Conference, who for the sake of discussion here let's say thinks a bit differently than the trigger-happy US space cowboys. Blair speculates that there may be intelligent life on or in, Comet Tempel 1-- NASA's supposed "dirty little snowball"--and that it is in any case against what would be natural laws of space to be randomly attacking and destroying any parts of it, and that there may be effects that no one can predict but that will probably not be desirable if the full destructive intent of this misguided mission is allowed to be realized...

there is even a law on Earth already that could be interpreted as against this mission:

from The Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies, signed into international law in 1966 by the UN
  • States shall be liable for damage caused by their space objects
  • States shall avoid harmful contamination of space and celestial bodies

There may be nothing wrong happening here, but of course there may also be nothing that can be done at any rate at this point, with two weeks to impact...

However imho the ETVs on Earth mission currently intercepting meteors that could harm the Earth, by the same token, also might recognize any intrinsic value in real estate like Comet Tempel 1, and may therefore be inclined to intend for this piece of space to remain intact, and so take necessary steps to keep it from being damaged...

potential ETV assistance i would think might depend to a degree upon being asked first for help, collectively via human conscious awareness of potential problems with, as Blair describes US space policy: a "shoot first and ask questions later policy (toward space) in our home, which is the solar system."

personally i think it's dangerous to destroy all or part of the home of any potential "living" beings in space, that would be imho a heckuva a way to introduce yourself to a bunch of advanced ETs, in the case perhaps of this comet, with such unknown forces unleashed, and a possible backlash involving unknown dimensions and consciousness to contend with

you don't wanna go there

xu

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
yes it got media attention, and if I remember correct it was in 1996-97. however let me tell you that the sirius guys are a joke. I hear that they are making "group" telephaty seances late at night with their pretty sirius "cult" followers.

about the footage, It seems to me just as a part of the meteor, I couldnt see directly why did they picked that specific tiny speckle since there are lots of others. however this meteor was really a big one, it has been recorded with a regular handy-cam from a balcony and recorded by a regular resident.

<< 1   >>

join