It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are blacks more racist than whites these days?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Imagine if these young bucks could see this and refuse the bait. Perhaps black leaders should try and hammer this point home. They think they're all badazz gangbandin, when in essence they're just doing the bidding of those who hate them. It's insane.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegariwhy fight about something that happened 100+ years ago

Because its affects are still with us today? And because it wasn't a hundred years ago? I mean, sure, more than a hundred years ago, the policy of the state itself was that blacks are sub-human animals that can be owned as property, like cows and tables. Yeah 'only that' was more than a hundred years ago. But then of course after that there was still a policy of legal inferiority, and it was only in the 60's that there was an actual, successful, civil rights movement. But why should people be worked up over stuff that happened to their grandparents, or parents, right? Cause that was 'so long ago', and there's no vestiges of it at all today, right?

grady philpott
The only thing that has changed is that it is now legal and many cases it is mandatory to discriminate against white males.

I wouldn't, for a moment, trade places with the minorities in the US. Neither would practically anyone else. The 'system' favours the majority. Things like 'affirmative action' are hardly oppressive. While I agree that they are technically unfair, and that they have to be limited in time, its only been, what, a generation or so, since segragation was made illegal, and since anti-black laws were outlawed? It takes a while for a society to adjust, and whats it matter if that means that the government gives blacks, who around the country are 'segregated' into 'ghettos' and poorer communities, a little more funding to make up for 200 years or so of actual state approved discrimination?

east coast kid
When are the brothers gonna realize they're killing each other while the man sits back with the cheshire grin

Yeah, cuz thats happening.
Its all been orchestrated by 'the man' to 'keep 'em down'. Its not a conspiracy man, its the way things happened. And now, even with racism on the run, (as opposed to, oh, just a few decades ago when racism was popular and cool) there are still systemic problems. So it has nothing to do with 'the man keepin' the brother down', not on a civilizational scale anyway.

Perhaps black leaders should try and hammer this point home.

Like who? Jackson? Sharpton? Frauds. Politicos. They're not 'leaders', and they are the 'ones' 'smiling and grinning' at the situation, because they are the ones who are benefiting from it, not 'the man'. 'The Man' is scared to go into 'the city' because of it. "The Man' is forthing at the mouth over affirmative action. Meanwhile, Jackson, Sharpton, and the people that're the executive in the hip hop industry, and the like, are the ones who are benefiting from strife. They're the ones that don't care and work to promote it. They've become 'the man'.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I guess you've never heard a brother stop and ask, "why are there pawn/gun shops and liquor stores on every one of our streetcorners?"

As for black leaders, there are plenty. I just saw an ad this past Sunday for a huge religious festival/rally/seminar-thing they're havin down in Georgia in the not-so-distant future.

By the way, you left out Louis Farrakhan!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I guess you've never heard a brother stop and ask, "why are there pawn/gun shops and liquor stores on every one of our streetcorners?"

It's a known fact to people who actually research that the CIA control most of the drug trafficking operations in the US. There was a secret gov. program that released all kinds of drugs into the poor neighborhoods (black, hispanic) communities at low prices in order to thin out the minority population in the United States. Take what I just said with a grain of salt and do some research.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its hardly because of some evil shadow plot to get blacks drunk with guns and kill each other. There are gun and pawn and liquor stores in those areas because they do good business there, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Racist attitudes are for the middle class and poor.
The top 10% love it when everyone is at each other's throat.

Only money will make everyone equal.

We live in a social class system.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why would money matter? Rich people can be racist, even torwards other rich people who are of other races.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Its hardly because of some evil shadow plot to get blacks drunk with guns and kill each other. There are gun and pawn and liquor stores in those areas because they do good business there, nothing more.

See Ocelot's comments above. Similar motives.

Look into Gary Webb's "Dark Alliance" series.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
At the risk of ticking people off, I'll come right out and say that I think blacks ARE more racist nowadays.

(FYI: I'm part Cherokee.)

Who plays the race card when they don't get their way?

What doesn't help is having instigators such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton stirring up crap. This reparations thing is just asinine.

I had two ancestors who fought in the Union Army. And don't forget the blacks who fought for the Confederacy--and let's not forget the blacks back in Africa who sold out their brothers and sisters!

If anyone has a right to pitch a fit, it's Native Americans IMO. But from what I understand they do the best they can with what they have.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i agree Amethyst.
and you are correct sir, native americans really have a right to pitch a fit, but i can see why african americans are upset.
i just think that they should let it go. thats my philosophy on life though: what happened in the past is in the past, no amount of protest or fit-pitching is going to change that, so just let it go people! life goes on.

the sooner we give it up and forgive each other, the sooner we can end poverty and homelessness due to racial prejudice in america.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Amethyst, you made some excellent points.

I was just watching "into the west" this evening. It is tragic what the whites did to the native American Indians.

There were plenty of whites who got mowed down by racist whites, too.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Huh? No. The people themselves (myself having black relatives) are generally good-hearted. The problem? The culture.

The culture presents racism as an acceptable thing, and it targeted against the white youths in our culture. Example? A black kid calls a white kid a "cracker", the equivalent of a "'n-word'" for black people, and its accepted. When a white kid throws around the equivalent, it's racist.

The double-standard in this country is sickening. Absolutely sickening. To some, having spoke about this myself, I see it as this: These days, it's not OK to be proud to be white. But it's encouraged to be a minority.

A horrible double-standard that is creating a great chasm in our society.

-wD

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All double standards are rotten.

I see many of the people who support this war in IRaq as racist. It's ok to go 'over there' kill them and steal their resources b/c they're nuthin' but "dirty ignorant towel heads."

It makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
True ECK. I support the war, but I have nothing but sadness for those who die in vain. Believe that, my friend.

-wD

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
True ECK. I support the war, but I have nothing but sadness for those who die in vain. Believe that, my friend.

-wD

I have no reason to doubt you.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What many people don't realize is that racial relations in our modern era is a relatively young topic. Its not really abour skin color in as much as its about culture and adaptation. Certainly when two or more different cultures come to gether as with the US specifically, there will be tension for a while. Our morality is different on a broad scale of what is right and wrong which affects how well laws imposed almost entirely by one culture are obeyed by the others.

We must remember that many different races are at many different stages of being removed from their previous culture and environs. Am I calling them savages? Not at all but merely extending the idea that although others may seem a bit more aggresive and seem to have a harder time adapting to what the majority already have, that doesn't mean its always going to be that way.

I takes time and in the big picture, we'll eventually see a moderation between the groups and everyone including those who made the rules to begin with will have to compromise to an extent.

Remember, in some tribal settings, its acceptable to kidnap a girl and force her to marry. In some cultures, what you can take is fairly yours. In some culture, gender makes one an inferior human.

When we say doing drugs is wrong, stealing is wrong, rape is wrong, murder is wrong, we may be assuming that other races and cultures share the same values which may not be the case. What trips one persons moral alarm will not trip anothers. It will take time and we all will have to change...well not us actually because its not happeneing in our lifetimes but centuries down the road.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You made some good points, astrocreep.

I accused of being anti-American or whatever. What those folks don't know is I am beyond thankfull that I am from the West. Although we do have problems, as all nations do, the United States of America is probably the most open and free country (for every race under the sun) there has ever been on earth. That is cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You made some good points, astrocreep.

I accused of being anti-American or whatever. What those folks don't know is I am beyond thankfull that I am from the West. Although we do have problems, as all nations do, the United States of America is probably the most open and free country (for every race under the sun) there has ever been on earth. That is cool.

I agree whole-heartedly even with the problems that other cultures must deal with in learning to live in a cultural melting pot.

So to some up my answer to the original question, yes I do believe the majority of animosity and hatred reside on the side of the minority as we would expect it to sociologically speaking while most of the fear reside on the side of the majority who have established the rules and fear any threat to them or their status quo.

So when people living in neighborhoods for 40 years which have been quiet suburban places to live suddenly see gangs of teens roaming the streets breaking windows, selling drugs, driving cars that bounce up and down while blasting music (or what passes for it these days), they get frightened because they were a part of the group that established the norm and they fear there is no place for them if this becomes commonplace which it often does.

They then call on those they have depended on to maintain the norm to enforce it and that leads to hate and animosity from those attempting to change things because where their from, this was acceptable so why would it not be here?

There is no magic bullet that is going to fix these issues. The old will die off, the young will mature to be more accepting of the new values which will once again be challenged by yet another culture and generation.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
There is no magic bullet that is going to fix these issues. The old will die off, the young will mature to be more accepting of the new values which will once again be challenged by yet another culture and generation.

You know, I think a lot of blacks and Latinos get a bad rap. There are many in those groups who are hardworking, middle class striving people who just happen to be the same ethnicity as the young hoodlems that live nearby. They hate the gangbangin as much as anyone else and often are held captive to it, too. The media never talks about that 'cos it ain't sexy.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's not just blacks, its anyone who isn't white, well maybe not anyone. But there is an awful lot out there that are bigots.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join