are blacks more racist than whites these days?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
First and foremost, i know this is a sensitive topic, and i may be rubbing a raw spot for some people, so i need to say right off, I do not mean to anger or upset anyone with this post. I do not mean to sound racist with this post, I believe racism and prejudice is very wrong. And I apologize in advance to anyone I may insult or anger with this thread.

Okay, to the point.
Are african american people, so blinded by anger and hatred for white peoples treatment of them in the past that they are acting more racist than some white people today?
I mean think about it, just things like a black man can call other black men, "'n-word's" and can call white people "crackers", but a white person would likely be shot at or beat up if he even thought about calling someone a "'n-word'". That sounds pretty racist to me.
And, i know some of what im about to say may be because of prejuice in society today, but Blacks get so angry when people stereotype them as drug users, or criminals if they live in a bad neighborhood, but some of them only feed the stereotypes. i know this dosent apply to everyone either, but think about it.
Are black people really any less racist than white people are today?




posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am sure there may be some blacks that have reached a level of anger, often from personal bad experiences that they have formed an "attitude". But whites do it as do all races. Women can get attitude over the "men rule business" thing too. I am white so I can't really speak from the heart on the subject but if you have ever felt belittled or treated different whether it be color, sex, race, height, weight etc, sometimes hurt feelings turn to anger and anger can always cloud the mind.

The think many need to remember is that racism has really not gotten that better here in America, rather it has become more hidden. Sometimes people do not even notice it. Lets say you are black male and you and another black individual are walking past two white women. You notice that the women reach for their purse strap and bring their purse in tighter to them. Would they have done the same had it been white males? Maybe, maybe not. But sometimes those slight and maybe not even on purpose type of events cause misperceptions that lead to feelings of anger.

Just my two cents.



posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Where have you been for the last thirty years? There hasn't been a time when that wasn't true. The only thing that has changed is that it is now legal and many cases it is mandatory to discriminate against white males. Historically, this has been a bad policy. The chickens will come home to roost.


[edit on 05/6/17 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Where have you been for the last thirty years? There hasn't been a time when that wasn't true. The only thing that has changed is that it is now legal and many cases it is mandatory to discriminate against white males. Historically, this has been a bad policy. The chickens will come home to roost.
[edit on 05/6/17 by GradyPhilpott]


This might carry more weight coming from someone who hadn't previously pulled a loaded firearm and brandished it in a threatening manner towards his MINORITY NEIGHBORS. The refs usually throw a red flag for that.

Here, it just sounds rather poignant.

I don't judge, and I'm not accusing you of being racist, because I'm sure you're not. But, let's be a little honest here. You're not exactly who I would go to for advice on race relations - given your somewhat tempestuous past.

Certainly, the chickens will come home to roost, but let's all hope that they're disarmed by then.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
This might carry more weight coming from someone who hadn't previously pulled a loaded firearm and brandished it in a threatening manner towards his MINORITY NEIGHBORS. The refs usually throw a red flag for that.


You're playing fast and loose with the facts brimstone. In fact, your speaking about something about which you have no direct knowledge. In the case you mention, I suppose I should have let myself be attacked by several individuals because they are members of a "minority."

I'm really doing my best to find a really nice way to say, STFU. I'm in charge of my personal safety and I don't need your personal attacks packaged as self-righteous pontifications.


[edit on 05/6/18 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When a pendulum swings back and forth, you may notice that it NEVER stops in the middle of it's own accord, unless it's allowed to expel its stored energy naturally. This usually takes a long time but it can happen if no one pushes it again.

I believe that there are many people who feel that a wrong hasn't been righted until those who were doing wrong to others have it done to them. While there may be some sick brand of short term justice in that view, it does not break the circle. It does not stop the pendulum in the middle. It does nothing but keep hatred alive and kicking. It would be so even without those who purposefully seek to divide us for their own personal gain. It takes the pendulum long enough to slow down without race whores (on all sides!) constantly giving it little pushes.

Revenge never solves the original problem. It just continues and escalates it. Until those who have been wronged can take the higher road of forgiveness, the hatred will continue and the pendulum will continue to swing.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You're playing fast and loose with the facts brimstone. In fact, your speaking about something about which you have no direct knowledge. In the case you mention, I suppose I should have let myself be attacked by several individuals because they are members of a "minority."

I'm really doing my best to find a really nice way to say, STFU. I'm in charge of my personal safety and I don't need your personal attacks packaged as self-righteous pontifications.
[edit on 05/6/18 by GradyPhilpott]


Somehow, I don't think that was a very nice way of saying it. You could try the magic word though, because that always helps in situations like this.

I'm sure you're right. I might be playing fast and loose the facts, I mean it's not like your posted the entire over dramatic story on the internet, or anything. I mean, what was I thinking? I'm sure your neighbor was taught more than a valuable lesson about "Grady mad! Grady smash!"

The chickens will come home to roost?

Indeed, that's some very unhealthy, and let's be honest, a little dangerous rhetoric to be posted by a man with your somewhat troubled history with violence - and a belief that society has a mandatory obligation to discriminate against you, and others like you.

Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to be posting your inner feelings in a thread entitled, ARE BLACKS MORE RACIST THAN WHITES THESE DAYS?



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
Are african american people, so blinded by anger and hatred for white peoples treatment of them in the past that they are acting more racist than some white people today?


No. I think that white people are just more privvy these days to what black people are thinking and saying.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I live in the south and for what I have learn in the nine years living in the south, is that seems like a no win situation, in which both groups will not give up.

Yes racism goes both way and is still a very hot issue.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Where there are differences you will find prejudice in some form or another. If the world only consisted of tall and short people then that would be the prejudice of the day. I do suspect the time will come where race will not be a factor when we are all trying to stay alive but for humans it seems that only trauma and disaster brings us together.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
The chickens will come home to roost?

Indeed, that's some very unhealthy, and let's be honest, a little dangerous rhetoric to be posted by a man with your somewhat troubled history with violence - and a belief that society has a mandatory obligation to discriminate against you, and others like you.

Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to be posting your inner feelings in a thread entitled, ARE BLACKS MORE RACIST THAN WHITES THESE DAYS?


Perhaps you should limit your rhetoric to the subject at hand, instead of attacking me. You really know very little of my history or of who I really am in my personal life. If you don't like my figure of speech, perhaps the term "karma" will suit you better. I think if you have anymore comments about me personally you should utilize the U2U function.

[edit on 05/6/18 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Perhaps you should limit your rhetoric to the subject at hand, instead of attacking me. You really know very little of my history or of who I really am in my personal life. If you don't like my figure of speech, perhaps the term "karma" will suit you better. I think if you have anymore comments about me personally you should utilize the U2U function.

[edit on 05/6/18 by GradyPhilpott]


Karma?

Nope, still makes me think of the insipid revenge fantasies of insecure men, who feel the world somehow revolving away without them. Striving desperately to eek out a meager existance in a world, where they percieve mandatory, legally binding discrimination against them, and other white males.

Oh dear.

And you actually believe this tripe, that's the sad part.



posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Um guys.........hate to get in the middle of your personal war but perhaps the flames could go to u2u with your thoughts on the actual topic remaining in the thread? You think? Smile?



posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Um guys.........hate to get in the middle of your personal war but perhaps the flames could go to u2u with your thoughts on the actual topic remaining in the thread? You think? Smile?


Then there's always the mudpit.


Good advice from '99. Attack each others' positions, not each other.



posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I live in the south and for what I have learn in the nine years living in the south, is that seems like a no win situation, in which both groups will not give up.

Yes racism goes both way and is still a very hot issue.


I moved to the south when I was 10. It was a very different place from Washington state. I had never dealt with racism - as I was a kid and the Pacific Northwest was pretty much lilly white.

Down south its about 50/50. When I moved there in 1980, things were just about cooling off (race riots at schools & such). I almost found myself in the middle of one my first year in jr. high. It wasn't pretty. I saw knives and kids ready to kill each other. For what? Stupidity. Thankfully, it wound up not happening. We had a great assistant principal (who was black) that wasn't afraid to go out there and get in the middle of it. He shut it down before it happened. Kudos to Mr. Reid!


He didn't mess around.

In the many years since, I've seen things get a lot better between blacks & whites down here. (I grew up in South Carolina.) Some of the kindest folks I've ever known hail from the Francis Marion National Forest area down around Charleston. They are known as the Gullahs. Being white, working with one of their own, they showed me nuthin but generosity and friendship. I'm working somewhere else now, but I still go down and see 'em whenever I can. Them's good people.

I hope things continue to get better. There's absolutely no reason for it not to.



posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actually anything that involve black and white issues is made into a big deal, specially in law enforcement abuse.

While the fighting on street gangs is more of withing racial groups, the discontent in the job market and promotions withing jobs in the city is very marked.

No, we have not seen protest or public fightings, but is many other ways in which discrimination keeps on going, and no only in one particular groups but both of them.



posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ok, true. i agree with most of what has been said. I am also from the south, born and raised in New Orleans, i have lived in a pretty much 50/50 world, and race relations are horrible. i just think it is so stupid and pointless. why fight about something that happened 100+ years ago. and over the color of your f***** skin, FOR GOD'S SAKES PEOPLE, GET A LIFE!!! if you have nothing better to do than pick on someone because their skins a bit darker or lighter, then you have a SERIOUS need to GET A LIFE!
the whole thing is just so utterly stupid and pointless, it makes me just want to SLAP EVERYBODY
god... we have such bigger issues in the world today, and instead of, i dont know, finding a cure for cancer or something, Joe Blow is too busyfighting with his heighbor because his ancestors treated his neighbor's ancestors poorly 100 years ago.
americans really are stupid...(no offense to anyone here, im american too)
oh yeah, and P.S. Grady and brimstone, TAKE IT THE FRICK OUTSIDE!!!!!



posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No, we have not seen protest or public fightings, but is many other ways in which discrimination keeps on going, and no only in one particular groups but both of them.


Sadly, racism isn't a black thing or a white thing or a brown thing.. its a part of the human condition. It has been with us since the beginning of recorded history among every race of people. It's ignorance manifest in the flesh. At least we live in a country that allows any and all to flourish according to his or her own talents and opportunities. It is good to be alive at this point in history, as bad as things can be.



posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's crazy. Look at the African-American community in general. Black on black crime happens far more than say, white on black crime. When are the brothers gonna realize they're killing each other while the man sits back with the cheshire grin.. knowing the job is being done for him without lifting a finger or paying a dime. Folks need to wake up!



posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   


Look at the African-American community in general. Black on black crime happens far more than say, white on black crime.


I agree with this statement, most of the gang related crimes in our streets here in GA are actually within the same race.

Sad when people can scream discrimination against other races but it seems ok to target your own ethnic group.

Sad indeed.






top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join