It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

underground bases in Nebraska?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I work the mid shift as a cop in western Nebraska. One place where I like to sit is on a hill where you can see about ten miles in every direction. Sometimes late at night, there is a lot of activity in one certain area. We are in the middle of 168 nuke silos and in this particular area there is an above ground Air Force "radio facility". It only cosists of two small buildings and a lot of commo antennas. Hardly any activity in the daylight, but I have seen a lot of activity there on some nights (large trucks coming and going and on two nights I saw a huge array of flashing red lights). If you try to get closer than a few miles, you get stopped by guards...........even the local cops. I have asked the locals and some of the Air Force people passing through and they either think I'm crazy, or they get defensive. Anyone out there heard of any underground bases in the area? If so, what are they used for and why all the activity and secrecy?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Sounds pretty crazy, I wonder why I've never heard of it before.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueknight
I work the mid shift as a cop in western Nebraska. One place where I like to sit is on a hill where you can see about ten miles in every direction. Sometimes late at night, there is a lot of activity in one certain area. We are in the middle of 168 nuke silos and in this particular area there is an above ground Air Force "radio facility". It only cosists of two small buildings and a lot of commo antennas. Hardly any activity in the daylight, but I have seen a lot of activity there on some nights (large trucks coming and going and on two nights I saw a huge array of flashing red lights). If you try to get closer than a few miles, you get stopped by guards...........even the local cops. I have asked the locals and some of the Air Force people passing through and they either think I'm crazy, or they get defensive. Anyone out there heard of any underground bases in the area? If so, what are they used for and why all the activity and secrecy?

From what you are discribing, it could be a missile base for the LGM-118 Peacekeeper Missile. The Peacekeeper is the missile component of the MX program. If I remember correctly, the MX concept is the ICBM that can be moved between silos to hide it. At any one time something like 25 out of 26 silos are empty and serve as decoy targets. the idea is to move the warheads around randomly to prevent them from being tageted by enemy missiles.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Since your a cop you gotta fake it that your chasing a suspect into those suspicious areas. Fake chase through some back roads or ways in.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
may be here

NEBRASKA
63. North-central Nebraska
64. Red Willow Co. near McCook, NE

look here

www.nebraskastudies.org...://www.nebraskastudies.org/0900/stories/0901_0133.html

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Do you happen to possibly have cordinates or a possible landmark we can investigate this for ourselves?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretNebraska

LOL, you necro'd a 6 year old post. Odds are, the OP isn't even around here anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Are you claiming a conspiracy?

I necro'd this cause I honestly hate the fact I have to post 20 times to get to post a new topic... I find what intrests me then ask a question... Calling it Necromancy makes it even better.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A conspiracy? That's rich! No, I was just commenting that you'd resurrected a post that was ancient history, and actually asked the OP a question about it. If you look at the OP's post history, you'll notice he hasn't posted anything since 2006. Here is his post history:

Link

Anyway, it's all good with me.

edit on 7-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Edited to fix the link.

edit on 7-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join