It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother says 13 yr old got what she deserved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Obviously I am appalled to hear any story concerning the rape of a thirteen year old girl. In this case, however, it is worsened for two reasons. The act was committed by her Grandfather and her Grandmother condoned it.

"When the victim exited the bedroom, the (grandmother) laughed at her and told her she got what she deserves," Tom Green County Sheriff's Deputy Ron Sanders wrote in criminal complaint documents filed in state district court.
Lidia Pena also was indicted on one count each of abandoning or endangering a child with imminent danger of bodily injury, as well as injury to a child with intent to cause bodily harm.

It is very sad that things like this happen, but shouldn't we be doing more to punish for actions like those of the Grandmother? I believe that the law should be changed for instances like this. The charges against Lidia Pena should be the same in severity as those her husband faces.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'd love to Smack that old couple around..
What kind of life can you lead that makes you think raping a child is an ok thing to do?

All I can do is grit my teeth however..
I see that the siblings have been moved out
of the house..Thats a good thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I see that the siblings have been moved out
of the house..Thats a good thing.

I agree. This may be the only good to come from this story. It was also nice to read that they were keeping the siblings together rather than separating them.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
One has to wonder about how the mother came to leave these children in the care of the grandparents to begin with. These types of actions are rarely isolated events. Was the mother of these children ever assaulted by her own father growing up?

top topics

join