It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Aguilera music used to make terrorist talk at GITMO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

On a side note, some songwriters were demanding that the US army pay royalties for using their songs for rendition purposes. Talk about profiting off war. How about demanding via law that they DON'T have permission to use your song?

Can you prove this? Whos was it? Who is this songwriter?

It's in the book, 'The Men Who Stare at Goats'.
You'll have to find that: Amazon Link

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Like there is such a thing as "harmless" torture?

Is that what the Bush admin has you thinking now? That CERTAIN types of torture are okay?

Well then.. tell me.. what OTHER types of torture are okay to use on someone who (probablly) doesn't know anything?

Let me put you in a room for awhile... and use some harmless torture on you for awhile... and then I'll write and article on it... so that others can sit back in the comfort of their air conditiond computer rooms and make comments on message boards that basically amount to laughter over this insanely barbaric tactic of war. Really.. I mean if its no big deal, let me give you a little lesson in how harmless this is... I'm frelling serious. I AM NOT KIDDING.. if you think this is a joke.. name the time and the place where you and I can get together and I can show you how harmless having your freedom at the mercy of some doped up (and not to smart in the first place) American stormtroopers who in their spare time between torture sessions are getting all hot and sweaty and screwing each others brains out (including ... men on men ... remember what Griggs said?).

Yeah so... just remember that MUSIC isn't the ONLY THING they are doing to these people over there.

This 'news article' is just another piece of propaganda designed to justify the sickness that is the administration of the USA and their plans for world domination.. and trust me.. just your membership to this message board alone.. may mean in the not to distant future you too will be in a tiny little room being asked whos side you are really on.. and when they don't get an answer they like.. .. well by then lets just say they won't be using music at that point anymore.

You have NO IDEA... what they will be using to decide who does and who doesn't get tortured.. or imprisoned or whatever... (perhaps just shot to save time and money) .. so.. no... morons.. how many times does it have to be said...

If ONE of us isn't free.. and ALL OF US ARE NOT FREE!

-VMX

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You have voted Vis Mega for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Right on, Vis Mega, right on. One should also mention that the threshold of the average american is incredibly low......we have been breast-fed by the various entertainment outlets everyone of us use.

We take for granted what freedom is.....actually, in today's society, it's more like personal autonomy, which is completely different. Personal Autonomy is the allowance we have been given to operate within the parameters set forth by our government......we go to work, we participate in accepted social outlets, and have predictable reactions to the various medias we encounter because we assume that the full truth is being represented.

And it should be assumed that the truth is not being represented, especially in this news story. The torture at Gitmo is a hot news story and showcases the capacity America can have for brutality......very inconsistent with popular propaganda. If some torture is accceptable, then any torture is acceptable. At that point, it's a matter of accomplishing the goals they have.

The ability to turn something off when you're tired of it is important. To take yourself away from an uncomfortable situation, in a word, important. What if you couldn't get away?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You have voted MemoryShock for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Way to vote for him Mmeory Shock!!!
Seriously though i can stand the videos (can't we all....
) its the music that gets me................

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega

Is that what the Bush admin has you thinking now? That CERTAIN types of torture are okay?

Well then.. tell me.. what OTHER types of torture are okay to use on someone who (probablly) doesn't know anything?

Let me put you in a room for awhile... and use some harmless torture on you for awhile... and then I'll write and article on it... so that others can sit back in the comfort of their air conditiond computer rooms and make comments on message boards that basically amount to laughter over this insanely barbaric tactic of war. Really.. I mean if its no big deal, let me give you a little lesson in how harmless this is... I'm frelling serious. I AM NOT KIDDING.. if you think this is a joke.. name the time and the place where you and I can get together and I can show you how harmless having your freedom at the mercy of some doped up (and not to smart in the first place) American stormtroopers who in their spare time between torture sessions are getting all hot and sweaty and screwing each others brains out (including ... men on men ... remember what Griggs said?).

Yeah so... just remember that MUSIC isn't the ONLY THING they are doing to these people over there.

This 'news article' is just another piece of propaganda designed to justify the sickness that is the administration of the USA and their plans for world domination.. and trust me.. just your membership to this message board alone.. may mean in the not to distant future you too will be in a tiny little room being asked whos side you are really on.. and when they don't get an answer they like.. .. well by then lets just say they won't be using music at that point anymore.

You have NO IDEA... what they will be using to decide who does and who doesn't get tortured.. or imprisoned or whatever... (perhaps just shot to save time and money) .. so.. no... morons.. how many times does it have to be said...

-VMX

BIG UP's to Brother Vis.....

Many blessings to you.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

-VMX

Oh, wow. Lets see here..."if one of us is'nt free than none of us are free"?? You do realize that the terrorists living in GITMO are NOT one of us at all, or do you? They infact hate us, and would really enjoy killing both you and I. Why, do you feel that these people are victims? They were captured on the battle field, and they prasie terrorists attacks on innocent women and children. Just because you hate President Bush does not mean that you should just go against anything that the U.S. government does.

You sound extremely foolish when you put the lives of terrorists over the lives of innocent people around the world. The people being held in GITMO are terrorists!! Are you trying to say that they are not???

foolish.....

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Be thankful they aren't playing Enya to them. Now that would be cruel.

Na Enya would just calm them down and de-strees them. Hey thats a good idea, with all the bad press about prisoner treatment, we can now say we have a 'relaxation and imagination room'.

Just when they are all zoned out, WHAM whack on the PO(o)P music to snap them out of the wonderland and cause violent seizures.

SMR

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
'Operation Just Cause', in 1989

Guns'n'Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" was the first song played along with many other G n R songs to get Manuel Noriega out of the Vatican Embassy down in Panama.

Whatever works I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
'Operation Just Cause', in 1989

Guns'n'Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" was the first song played along with many other G n R songs to get Manuel Noriega out of the Vatican Embassy down in Panama.

Whatever works I guess.

they should play the Game of Love by Santana with Michelle Branch.
that will sooth their souls.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
They were captured on the battle field, and they prasie terrorists attacks on innocent women and children.

I believe that the war in Iraq has resulted in the death of not only many young kids dressed in camo's but innocent women and children as well......at the hands of our bombs and our bullets.....not to mention it was our decision to be there in the first place........

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh wow.. Let me take your arguement apart bit by bit here okay? It won't hurt.. much. And shouldn't be that hard concidering all you did was parrot your god... Mr. Bush.. and ugh.. anyways... ATS needs a 'term' where I can just say 'this is not worth my time and you all know why so I shouldn't have to reply to this guys post' .... so I don't feel inclined to reply.

Oh, wow. Lets see here..."if one of us is'nt free than none of us are free"?? You do realize that the terrorists living in GITMO are NOT one of us at all, or do you?

www.pbs.org...

I ask that you read that section in there on Gitmo. Not that you will. You are obviously a child who believes everything that he sees on TV and parrots in here to people who know better. If you WERE an adult, then you would know that we rolled our eyes at your post...

#1) The people at Gitmo are human beings.. just like you and I.
#2) No matter WHAT Bush tells you.. these people are still human beings and entitled the rights that that brings.

Read the section on Gitmo in there first. Now, you are trying to tell me that the farmers who were abducted and sold to the USA as 'terrorists' so that some warlords could make a few bucks are NOT innocent. Like THIS could NOT have happened to YOU if you were a poor farmer in Afganistan? How would you defend yourself against this? Don't believe me or this detainee that this stuff actually happened?

www.globalsecurity.org...

(not that you are going to read that either)

How about those childeren that were released? Are you telling me you are afraid of a few kids in another country that want to kill you if you step foot in their country and you are afraid enough of them to torture them?

You are telling me you are in favor of torturing childern?

Let me explain something to you at this point...

This is the problem with torture.. once you cross the line there is no turning back. AND.. the other reason that things like the geneava convention exist is to PROTECT AMERICAN TROOPS AS WELL from... torture. You see.. as soon as the 'other team' finds out that their guys are getting tortured.. well turn about is fair play right?

And now the question is raised.. "Did the US military torture or otherwise abuse these childern.. say in a sexual way like was done at Abu?"

No?! Well why not? As you said.. "They hate us..etc...etc.." (I'm wondering who really hates who here actually.. your colors are showing buddy.. these kids didn't know YOU existed until you came in to their country and TRIED TO KILL THEM for alledgedly having SOMETHING to do with 9-11.. or don't you remember that) ... so why not torture these childern.. even sexually like they have been doing alledgedly at gimto.. the female soldier and her period.. wiping the blood on the prisoner? Remember that? What if it was that 13 year old kid.. (I can't imagine that working on any adult for that matter) ..and if you think that those kids were treated like kids there.. what you think they have some sort of 'childerns wing' at Gitmo? With Fisher Price prison bars?

Anyways.. lets stop accusing you of being a cold heartless puke who has no problem with childern being held in prison because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Or didn't you know that people have been determined to be innocent and released after being tortured and it turns out they know nothing.

Never mind the theft of their freedom (because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time) which is something completely unamerican right?

Or is it ... "Freedom for everyone.. as long as you live in the US and are a US citizen. Freedom for us unless you have a problem with us.. in which case we will come to your country and illegally detain you and put you in prison for years without charging you or ever telling you when you get out. WE DECIDE who IS and WHO IS NOT a terrorist... including farmers and childern."

They infact hate us, and would really enjoy killing both you and I.

Yes, yes.. I've heard it all before..

"They hate us for our freedoms and would gladdly kill any of us."

..it didn't work on me when Bush said it, and its not going to work on me now either.. certainly not from you.

Why, do you feel that these people are victims?

Because most of them are. They are being victimised. Most of them have commited no terror act at all.. otherwise there would be charges against them.

They were captured on the battle field, and they prasie terrorists attacks on innocent women and children.

They do? So far there has BEEN NOTHING released on why these people are in there or what they did or who they are.. so how the hell do you know this? Did you READ any of the interviews with the people who WERE in there? They did interviews with American and UK journalists and DID NOT KILL THEM.. all the journalists I guess the 'terrorists' decided got to live that day.

Just because you hate President Bush does not mean that you should just go against anything that the U.S. government does.

I don't "hate" anyone.. there you go again with your wild imagination. Pulling things out of thin air and making things up as you go along. God, when will they learn? Anything else you want to accuse ME or anyone else in the world of? Would you like to GO TO ANY ARAB COUNTRIES and tell them how much they hate you and how much they want to kill you?

There are some people out there (I'm talking about you, slick) who just FELL like they NEED to BE victims themselves.. "There are people out there who hate me and they want to kill me!" .. its a paranoids thing. Bush is feeding on this.. feeding YOU this paranoid fantasy.. and you are eating it up.

But no.. 'hating bush' would be spending my rather limited energy reserves on something I don't feel is significant in anyway.. why would I do that?

And I am not against "EVERYTHING" that the "American Governement" does either. I am against THIS thing.. and the war.. and basically any killing or detaining or torturing of innocents.

You sound extremely foolish when you put the lives of terrorists over the lives of innocent people around the world. The people being held in GITMO are terrorists!! Are you trying to say that they are not???

I'm not putting the lives of terrorists over the lives of innocent people. Yes I am suggesting that MOST of the people in Gitmo (even if they WERE captured 'on the battlefield' as you suggest.. if that WAS TRUE then they would be 'prisoners of war'.. they are not.. so make up your mind) are innocent concidering other people like A.I. have said so, and they keep releasing people.. but not charging them.. and then these people give interviews.. and the journalists live through the interviews.. so I don't get where any of your 'evidence' comes from at all.

There has been and ISN'T any evidence that MOST of the people have done anything wrong. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK, that they would let any REAL terrorist live at all? No, they'd just kill the foot soldiers and if they ever get around to actually capturing anyone important.. they might put them in Gitmo but you'd probablly never actually hear about it.

Like this is such a can of worms.. I'm sure no one in here minds if I don't go on.. because you ALL KNOW THAT I CAN..

Kid.. you got it all wrong. You have bought up the war on terror.. you have bought up that people are out to kill you.. and there is NO EVIDENCE of that. You are just reciting all the reasons Bush fed you that give him the power to do this.. but you aren't understanding any of this.. I'm basically talking to myself and all the other people in here who do understand what the hell I'm talking about and what I'm trying to do here.. and they are shaking their heads and saying.. "Vis just don't bother.. what are you doing man?"

So I'm out of here.

foolish.....

Racist, propaganda eating, immature child.

-VMX

PS: BTW.. they MIGHT WANT to kill you.. but they don't want to kill me.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wait, how are we not at war with terrorists? So, we declare war on terrorists, but we aren't at war with them, so they don't fall under the Geneva Convention?

Man, republicans, if they used 5%, no, if they even used 1% of their brain who knows what other bs excuses they could come up with to justify torture.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Wait, how are we not at war with terrorists? So, we declare war on terrorists, but we aren't at war with them, so they don't fall under the Geneva Convention?

Man, republicans, if they used 5%, no, if they even used 1% of their brain who knows what other bs excuses they could come up with to justify torture.

War with terrorists not war with uniform soldier who represent a county or state as the Geneva Convention imply.

Also by your second statement you have proved to every one here that you use less brain than the republicans do

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh wow.. Let me take your arguement apart bit by bit here okay? It won't hurt.. much. And shouldn't be that hard concidering all you did was parrot your god... Mr. Bush.. and ugh.. anyways... ATS needs a 'term' where I can just say 'this is not worth my time and you all know why so I shouldn't have to reply to this guys post' .... so I don't feel inclined to reply.

The first interview that you tout as supreme evidence that 90% of GITMO inmates are not terrorists, is hardly evidence to support your misguided theory. That is most likely why you hoped that I would not read it. In the interview the former inmate states that, “most of the inmates were afraid of the person next to them”. So, this would lead us to believe that they most likely would not be eager to inform strangers that they are big time terrorists. If I were a terrorist being held in GITMO I would downplay my terrorist background as well!

I ask that you read that section in there on Gitmo. Not that you will. You are obviously a child who believes everything that he sees on TV and parrots in here to people who know better. If you WERE an adult, then you would know that we rolled our eyes at your post...

#1) The people at Gitmo are human beings.. just like you and I.
#2) No matter WHAT Bush tells you.. these people are still human beings and entitled the rights that that brings.

Again, I did read it and I most certainly do not believe most of what is broadcast on “TV”, as it is mostly liberal garbage that you enjoy eating up, my friend. I am also an adult, sir. I never said that people being held at GITMO were not humans beings, and nether has President Bush.

How about those childeren that were released? Are you telling me you are afraid of a few kids in another country that want to kill you if you step foot in their country and you are afraid enough of them to torture them?

You are telling me you are in favor of torturing childern?

The children that were released; Yes, I am afraid of any terrorist trying to kill me or anyone else, children can be terrorists. I am not in favor of torture, of anyone; people at GITMO are NOT being tortured. I’m sure it is no summer camp but torture is not being carried out. No, of course I am not in favor of torturing children. Let’s look at the second article you hoped I would not read.

The three children, aged 13 to 15, were seized in Afghanistan, two in raids on Taleban camps and the third while allegedly trying to obtain weapons to fight American forces.

Okay, so they were enemy combatants. They should be sent to GITMO, okay good so far…

A Pentagon statement Thursday said they were provided an opportunity to learn math as well as reading and writing. They also received daily physical exercise.

Okay, being taught math and reading and writing…still good...wow and very nice of America. Really going out of our way!

But the Pentagon says it is concerned Taleban or al-Qaida sympathizers may threaten their safety. That is why defense officials have not announced their names or issued any details on their release.

Okay, then released and protected after release! Very impressive! No, problems there (Good thing I read the article!!!

the female soldier and her period.. wiping the blood on the prisoner? Remember that?

Yes, I also remember that she was court marshaled and will be spending a long time in jail! Showing that America will not allow an kind of torture. I really do dislike that vulgar woman!

There are some people out there (I'm talking about you, slick) who just FELL like they NEED to BE victims themselves.. "There are people out there who hate me and they want to kill me!" .. its a paranoids thing. Bush is feeding on this.. feeding YOU this paranoid fantasy.. and you are eating it up.

I believe you are the paranoid one my friend…

Racist, propaganda eating, immature child.

I am a racist?! I am most certainly not! To suggest so is offensive. No, being an immature child is calling someone a racist just because they have a different opinion than you.

You’re a real class act guy… why don’t you go watch some more liberal propaganda that makes Canada feel better about its self….

[edit on 21-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Christina Aguilera music was used to make the terrorist talk, but use of a "wet towel" was ruled out. Oh man...this is very strange!

What are those idiots thinking?!

If they wanna torture somebody, they need to kick in some Britney Spears.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
War with terrorists not war with uniform soldier who represent a county or state as the Geneva Convention imply.

I agree, terrorists don't really fall with the geneva convention describing combatants. they are essentially civilians. The arab media use this tactic to report "another Xamount of civilians died today as a result of the Us's latest campaign to bomb Xplace.

Kinda tricky to figure out who is a civvie and who is a militant isn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Enjoying your little comic releif news piece are we?
Makes all the real torture look funny does it?

Is it as funny as piling naked prisoners into a piramid? You know, like the cheerleaders do?

Funny funny funny....im sure CAs music was in the AI report on the first page.... NOT

ps: that carpet lickers music is horible btw

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
Enjoying your little comic releif news piece are we?
Makes all the real torture look funny does it?

Is it as funny as piling naked prisoners into a piramid? You know, like the cheerleaders do?

You hit on something here. The power of peer pressure. Those "few bad apples" at Abu Ghraib, who have been blamed for the abuses were made to think what they were doing was right. They were cheered on by their demented superiors (whoever the hell they were, we still don't really know.) Look at those pictures, the depravity was encouraged & applauded and the soldiers fed off each other's vile and perverse behavior. Would it have gone on if a healthy number of them would have stood up and said straight out: This is unlawful behavior and I will not be a party to it!

I have a good idea what would have happened to them. They probly would've be offed by "insurgents."

[edit on 6/22/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What are you talking about?!? The soldiers who abused inmates at Abu Ghraib were court marshaled! And the men and women that blew the whistle on the abusers were rewarded.

Also, lets please stick to GITMO here…

Post Script: Vis Mega still waiting for your response...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

As far as I'm concerned, this is all the more reason to go into Iraq and a lot of other nations to get rid of their tyranical governments.

I just want to know how you people think you should extract information out of people, especially when it needs to be done quickly. Because the way some of you complain, you'd probably be against police interrogations.

The techniques used on these guys are easily below the standard of torture.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join