It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Michael Jackson Jury Reaches not Guilty Verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Jurors have reached a not guilty verdict charge on all counts in the Michael Jackson Conspiracy trial. You can expect the news wire link below to be updated with full details on each charge in minutes.

news.yahoo.com...
A jury acquitted Michael Jackson on Monday of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor at his Neverland ranch, vindicating the pop star who insisted he was the victim of mother-and-son con artists and a prosecutor with a vendetta.

Jurors also acquitted him of conspiring to imprison his accuser and the boy's family at the storybook estate — a total legal victory but one that may do little to improve his bizarre image.

The jury, which listened to 14 weeks of testimony and arguments, deliberated over seven days before sending word of a verdict at about 12:30 p.m.

The announcement came shortly after Judge Rodney S. Melville issued a statement saying that the jury asked and withdrew a question Monday morning. He also confirmed that on Friday the jury had a read-back of testimony and there were four meetings in chambers with attorneys. News organizations had filed motions seeking information on such developments.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have not been a fan of Michael Jackson and honestly know very little about him, so can comment very little on him.

[edit on 6/13/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This story is a duplicate, but in any case, Michael Jackson stories aren't allowed on ATSNN.com per SO.
(Thankfully).

Zip

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
This story is a duplicate, but in any case, Michael Jackson stories aren't allowed on ATSNN.com per SO.
(Thankfully).

Zip

No this is the first story not a repeat and has been upgraded. I believe what SO wanted to avoid was the full media circus that was expected. This story shows the final verdict and has nothing to do with the circus that was expected.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thank God for Zipdot, damage control manager for obsessive DA's.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
[edit on 13-6-2005 by asala]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hehe, okay, I'm sorry, I just think he shoulda been found guilty, that's all.

What the crap does chamone mean, anyway?

Zip

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hehe, okay, I'm sorry, I just think he shoulda been found guilty, that's all.

What the crap does chamone mean, anyway?

Zip

I have to agree actually I had the story all prepared with Guilty

needless to say I had to make instant changes, the verdict floored me

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is a travesty of justice IMHO. I still can't believe it.

He will continue to molest children now unchecked.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I also was expecting a guilty verdict.
I love what one of the commentators had to say. That they needed to start giving IQ tests to people before they can perform jury duty.

I kind of like that idea

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is a travesty of justice IMHO. I still can't believe it.

He will continue to molest children now unchecked.

That is the saddest part of this whole circus.
He will now believe himself vindicated and that his sleeping with kids, tacking showers with kids is ok with the american (in)justice system

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes, I imagine he will be a little more careful in the future when selecting his victims and controlling the environment while violating them. How can he have so many supporters singing his praise when they found books filled with pictures of naked underage boys in his house? What is with these people?

Zip

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes, I imagine he will be a little more careful in the future when selecting his victims and controlling the environment while violating them. How can he have so many supporters singing his praise when they found books filled with pictures of naked underage boys in his house? What is with these people?

Zip

I wish they would have aired the trial in full, perhaps then we could possibly understand the reasoning. All we have at this point is the media hype that was put on the case and they too had him guilty.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Edit, as thread has been moved,

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh, insane vigilante, where art thou?

This turns my stomach. This was neither an isolated incident, nor will people cease sending their children into the heart of darkness. Even without the media hype, I think it's pretty clear to everyone that Jackson has some serious screws loose.

It's baffling. It baffles me how that many jurors could simply sit back and say nothing was wrong. My law-enforcing homeboys work hard to put him and his ilk behind bars, but what's the point if the courts just release them anyways?

DE

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Edit, as thread has been moved,

Yes SO sent a u2 on the move. That being the case I am sorry I posted it as news. I thought he wanted to avoid the expected media circus on the trial and wanted to avoid hundreds of threads like the Shcrivao(sp?) case.
I guess I was wrong and applogize for posting it as news.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well then, 12 more people to go on my list of people to stupid to live. OJ, Blake, and now MJ, hell, only way to get convicted is to do the crime infront of the jury and maybe get some blood on them. I mean, MJs defence was that he didn't molest all of them, Blakes alibi was that he went back into the resteraunt to get his gun, and OJ just had the wookie defense.

As you all know, only people that sit in on juries are the 12 people to stupid to get out of it. Although, I would like to sit on one, then declare the guy the opposite of what he is just for the hell of it. Think about it, you get paid to sit on a jury, I have no job, so the longer it takes, the more money I make.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Jury duty doesn't pay well. Unless you're in one of those jobs/states where you STILL get your regular paycheck on top of it, hehe...

If Chewbacca does not live on Endor, you must acquit...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
As you all know, only people that sit in on juries are the 12 people to stupid to get out of it. Although, I would like to sit on one, then declare the guy the opposite of what he is just for the hell of it. Think about it, you get paid to sit on a jury, I have no job, so the longer it takes, the more money I make.

Hmm Jurors in most states make less the min wages, here I think it is currently 15.00 a day and 34 cents a mile one way to the court house. Hardly what I would call good pay.

As most of us have now seen the jurors even thought he was guilty at first or I should say the majority did. Then they sat down and had to follow the judges instructions to the letter of the law. Once they did that they had no alternative but to vote him not guilty.

The blame lies on the way our system works. By that I mean they could not use some of the older evidence, they could only use the new evidence and the demeaner of the witnesses. Personally I think the
mother is what really did in the conviction.

top topics

join