It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Unwanted Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have a question.

If we are not God's unwanted children. Why do we have to live a life the way he seems fit? Why do we have to prove ourselves worthy to go back home?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why do we have to prove ourselves worthy to go back home?[

Do you mean Heaven? I never recall reading anything that said that humans were first in Heaven....as I recall God made Adam on Earth I could be wrong though cause I never paid much attention to all of those technical details of creation.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think it really depends on what you believe and/or what you are taught. I can say that from what I believe is that we do not have to prove anything to go to heaven if that is what you mean. My faith teaches me that although good works are important in life, faith in Christ (I am Christian) is what leads you to him after death. Please keep in mind I am only speaking from a Christian point a view and from my own personal beliefs.

I think life on earth can be hard but that God also gave us free will and that some things occur due to choices we make. I know that seems confusing as I am taught on one hand to believe God has a plan for me yet on the other I have some choice. I won't claim to know why that is conflicting but I do think we often throw wrenches in our own lifes but then God comes in and picks us up and dusts us off.

One thing I was told once by a police chaplain was that God does not make garbage so we all have worth. But alas, we are human and emotions and events can lead us to have bad thoughts about others and situations that we just don't like or have suffered from. Events do shape our lives but when possible, maybe faith can move us forward. Good luck on your search, may you find what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bane Of Your Existence
I have a question.

If we are not God's unwanted children. Why do we have to live a life the way he seems fit? Why do we have to prove ourselves worthy to go back home?

You asked the question in a hard way. We are seperated from God by sin, each one individually. That sin has to be removed, God cannot live with sin. God did want each of us so bad that He provided the way to make it back to Him. We don't prove ourselves worthy, because that can't be done. We must receive/accept/believe/exercise faith in what Christ has done already to remove this sin. That is an actual mind/will/emotion/intellect decision that someone must do, to be saved.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
God cannot tolerate sin? Since when? God is all-powerful. According to Christian doctrine, God came down to Earth so as to help the sinners. He washed their feet! The parable is obvious here. We do not serve Jesus, Jesus serves us. We are nobody's unwanted children.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Everything you read or hear about god is nothing more then someone elses opinion. Thats ALL it is, including the opinion i'm about to give you, which is uniquely my own.

You have never sinned. You are not seperated from god and have never been seperated from god. You do not have to prove anything to anyone, especially god. Your life is a gift and the best way to say thank you for a gift is to enjoy it.

Every religion on earth will tell you your a terrible person and must atone for crimes against god. Thats how they get their power and make their money.

Rather then listen to the religions, try listening to god for a change. Put down the stuff thats been drilled into you from birth and instead look and listen for god on your own.

I'm having trouble with just why you think your life isn't a wonderful blessing. Your sitting at a computer typing messages to people all over the world, i'm having trouble feeling your pain here.

God created man, man created religion. Who do you trust?

This is ofcourse, just my humble opinion

Wupy

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
God cannot tolerate sin? Since when? God is all-powerful. According to Christian doctrine, God came down to Earth so as to help the sinners. He washed their feet! The parable is obvious here. We do not serve Jesus, Jesus serves us. We are nobody's unwanted children.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by babloyi]

I guess you are talking about my post. I didn't say the word tolerate, I said live with. From what I get from reading the Bible is this, Jesus is God. But no one has seen God in His complete fulness, and this completeness of God cannot live with sin. God in His completeness wants to live with us with no seperation. So that is why sin had to be judged and dealt with. At some point God's toleration of sin will come to an end and He will remove forever all that deals with sin, and sin itself, and death.

Those who have chosen too will live with Him, will see God as He truly is.

At the present time Jesus has come to serve us by dying for our sin.

All are definitely wanted, Christ's sacrifice was complete, but we must respond and accept God's way of salvation.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hmmm....are you saying Jesus was an incomplete version of God?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

hmmm....are you saying Jesus was an incomplete version of God?

No.

What I'm saying is, the Bible says no one has seen God in His fulness. From my entire reading of the Bible and by putting this verse with that one and so on, it appears to me that at the present time no one has yet seen God as He completely is. But that will take place in eternity.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of satan , slightly corrupting the verses he was talking about, trying to trick you into messing up.

The quran speaks very highly of Jesus. Except that they give the biggest insult of all by saying he is not the son of God. Perhaps you should try to quote Jesus in your answers from now on dbrandt so as to ward off any attacks by muslims?

As for the original post,

We are not here to work our way back home. Salvation is a gift of God. The bible says there is none worthy. No not one. So God sent His only Son to pay the price for us because he loves us so much.

THe bible doesnt say it, but I suspect that the reason salvation is not offered to the angels is both because they already had knowledge of Good and Evil, and they are responsible for sin first entering Eden. (satans pride came first and then he tricked eve) In a way, man, although fully responsible for his own sin, was indeed a victim of satan as well. Maybe thats why God has pity on us.

Anyway, the only thing you have to do is recognize your a sinner and be sorry for it and ask Jesus for forgivness. Jesus is the son of God who died to wash away those sins, and he rose on the third day and will raise you up too.

Believe.

You dont have to live in fear ..not knowing your fate...as they do in 'religion'.
If you believe, God WILL make you aware of Him. You dont have to do special rituals or dances. Just believe and talk to Him. Read the bible and he will teach it to you. God doesnt want you to live a life in fear and ignorance. He will teach you

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Reminds me of satan , slightly corrupting the verses he was talking about, trying to trick you into messing up.

Was I wrong? Did Jesus not wash his disciples feet? Dbrandt said that no one had seen God. So, I asked, what is Jesus then? I am sure lot's of people saw him. We may not KNOW Jesus fully, but that is not the same as not SEEING him

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

God cannot tolerate sin? Since when?

That is what I was referring to.

Now as for what dbrandt said in the followup..

God cannot live with sin. God will not. The proof was on the cross. We know that God was with Jesus in the garden. We know that God left Jesus on the cross.
Why?
Because Jesus became sin for us. Jesus took on our sin. God separated Himself from Jesus.
'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

The islam idea that someone took Jesus' place is incomprehensible because of this reason.
What kind of prophet would be afraid to die for God? Do you think Jesus would hide behind someone? No. Islam says Jesus will come back along with El Mahdi. I agree that Jesus is coming back. Ask him NOW...and get the answer then

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I still don't get it. Jesus was supposed to be WHOLE GOD and WHOLE MAN at the same time. Granted that the God part left him at the cross, but what about the other times? Jesus lived among men. He lived SPECIFICALLY among the sinners. How can it be said that God cannot live with sin?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I still don't get it. Jesus was supposed to be WHOLE GOD and WHOLE MAN at the same time. Granted that the God part left him at the cross, but what about the other times? Jesus lived among men. He lived SPECIFICALLY among the sinners. How can it be said that God cannot live with sin?

Question: "Has anyone ever seen God?"

Answer: The Bible tells us that no one has ever seen God (John 1:18) except the Lord Jesus Christ. Moses “saw” God, but He did not see God in all His fullness. Exodus 33:19-23 describes this. Moses saw God, but did not see Him in all His fullness. When God and Moses spoke “face to face” it is just a figure of speech indicating they were in very close communion. In Genesis 32:30, Jacob saw God appearing as an angel – He did not truly see God. Samson’s parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God (Judges 13:22), but they had only seen Him appearing as an angel. Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1,14) so when people saw Him, they were seeing God. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God – but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness (Exodus 33:20).

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
dbrandt gave a very full answer. It exemplifies how Jesus is the Son of God.

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Everything you read or hear about god is nothing more then someone elses opinion. Thats ALL it is, including the opinion i'm about to give you, which is uniquely my own.

You have never sinned. You are not seperated from god and have never been seperated from god. You do not have to prove anything to anyone, especially god. Your life is a gift and the best way to say thank you for a gift is to enjoy it.

Every religion on earth will tell you your a terrible person and must atone for crimes against god. Thats how they get their power and make their money.

Rather then listen to the religions, try listening to god for a change. Put down the stuff thats been drilled into you from birth and instead look and listen for god on your own.

I'm having trouble with just why you think your life isn't a wonderful blessing. Your sitting at a computer typing messages to people all over the world, i'm having trouble feeling your pain here.

God created man, man created religion. Who do you trust?

This is ofcourse, just my humble opinion

Wupy

NOT every religion on Earth says that "your a terrible person and must atone for crimes against god" Crap. Eastern religions usually don't, in fact everything you just said pritty much goes along with alot of what eastern philosophy and religion is about. So good post Wupy!!! I agree, cept for that small detail i pointed out.

new topics

top topics

join