It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking UFO's from home...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Considering the expense of aquiring your own advanced military-grade radar system and installing it in your backyard (not to mention objections from the home-owners association) there seems that there would be other ways to track UFO activity in a given area, cheaper easier ways.

One method I think that could be promising, although admittedly I am not techie enough to figure it out completely, would be to build your own radio spectrometer or similar device and write software to analyze any disruptions in cosmic background radiation in a given portion of the sky. Cosmic background radiation left over from the big bang collides with earth at a pretty constant rate and finding disruptions from any craft passing overhead should be pretty simple. It would seem that with enough use a system like this could be used to figure out location, size and speed of a craft passing through a particular part of the sky. After enough trial runs one should be able to tell the difference between a cessna, a 747, an F15, and an unidentified craft. A system like this could find the presence of craft even if they are "stealth" equiped like U.S. B-2's, it would be passive as well so no-one would know you were operating it either. This may seem strange and far fetched but I don't see why it couldn't work.

Well just a thought anyway, I really don't know how much of this could be done at home and how much it would cost, plus I'm too lazy to figure it out. Besides I don't think I could handle the disappointment if it worked but I found nothing.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how you could track UFO's from home? I mean real ideas, not just hoping one lands in your backyard and you can get the camcorder out in time. This is fascinating to me, maybe the proof of E.T.'s and UFO's will come from "amateurs" after all.

Some links about cosmic background radiation and radiation detectors:
archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu...
lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov...
menshealth.about.com...
www.ast.leeds.ac.uk...
www.space.com...
www.blackcatsystems.com...
www.blackcatsystems.com...
www.pages.drexel.edu...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well know one has chimed in on this one so I guess I'll take a shot...

The only SUPER cheep way I could think of would be to basically aim a High resolution camera (What are we at 5 or 6 Mega pixels now? ) at the night sky from your roof striate up... Have it attached to a PVR or DVR and have your cam take a pic every say 5 seconds at a constant rate. of coarse you would end up with a LOT of frames but if you play back your frames at 30 frames a second thats comes to around 5 and a half min of video for per 1 night of video.. (If my math is right! I'm sleepy!!) at TV resalotion... You would want to store you 5 mega pixel frames somewhere else just in case there was a light moving on an unusual motion path / zig zag or moving and stopping in one location type path. I know that it would be easy for someone to program software that could identify planes stars or any lights moving on a constant liner direction and could view the your files and let you know if some strange light had a strange motion path... But with something like this would only be proof for youself... As a little light moving on a weird path would not be proof enough for the world. It would also have major limitations like... based on light and the path of that light... and only works at night
You get what you pay for!

join