It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Characterizes Cuban Militant Posada as Symbol of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
HAVANA (AP) - President Fidel Castro on Saturday characterized Cuban militant Luis Posada Carriles as a symbol of past U.S.-backed terrorism in the region, reiterating his earlier insistence that American officials turn his old nemesis over to Venezuela for prosecution in a deadly airliner bombing three decades ago.
Link:
ap.tbo.com...

I'm not sure that he is a terrorist.I don't know all of the facts of the case if he is the one who caused innocent people to die he should be prosecuted. I don't see how Castro could call anyone a terrorist. he really needs to look at his own government

[edit on 11-6-2005 by finnman68]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
By the administration's own definition of what a terrorist is, Posada certainly qualifies as that. It's more hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm not say that he's not a terrorist, your point was taken. but i can't see US Government using him to Blow up a plane full of innocent people. i think the US government should send him back to Ven. for a trial. but Castro calling it something that America has done is absurd.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He was a CIA asset for a long time. And he was responsible under that guise for killing many innocent people.

Our government should simply hand him over to Venezuela and be done with it. That would be the right, and legal thing to do.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
None the less, a phrase about calling the kettle black comes to mind.

top topics

join