It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Waste Dump? Shiny hills?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I bet many of you have seen this, but I haven't found a thread on it yet.. But.

maps.google.com...,-116.029530&spn=0.155869,0.225563&t=k&hl=en

Tons of..craters? But, if you zoom in, they look like tiny volcanos or something. Check it out.

This one looks like it's the biggest: maps.google.com...,-116.046535&spn=0.009742,0.014098&t=k&hl=en

Also,

This is close to Groom Lake:
maps.google.com...,-116.046535&spn=0.009742,0.014098&t=k&hl=en

The hills are shiney! Satelite error or something?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
but that is pretty freaking weird. If you go to the right of that picture of the biggest one, it looks like the soil is retired for a long time. Weird stuff. I'm not going to say that it is without a doubt a nuclear waste site, but that is some suspicious looking set of hills/volcanoes/venting holes/other.

Edit: Got my left and right sides confused. lol

[edit on 6/11/2005 by neosnightmare]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I suppose technically you could call it a nuclear dump site

That is the nuclear weapon test site in Nevada. That valley has sustained more nuclear explosions than anywhere on earth. Those crater looking areas are....craters, from underground shots. Centered, and DEEP beneath the surface of each crater, is a glass chamber where the detonation has melted and fused the rock and soil.

Nothing secret about this place BTW.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Things look different from satellite. I wasn't aware that the image was of the underground nuke test area. And that was pure class that you referred to it as basically a nuclear dump site.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty crazy.

jra

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
The hills are shiney! Satelite error or something?

As Army already said. This was an area where the US tested a lot of it's nuclear bombs. It's called the Nellis test range. So that's what the craters are from. And they arn't really shiney, it's just the sunlight reflecting off one side of the crater.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
they're mountains...not dumps. and they look like nickle or something, but oh well. Still a cool find never the less
*pats self on head*

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
they're mountains...not dumps. and they look like nickle or something, but oh well. Still a cool find never the less
*pats self on head*

Nope, craters going into, not hills coming out of, the earth. The lack of angle fools the eye. The shiny is simply sand, dirt ,and dust with the conspicuous lack of vegetation under a glaring sun.

It's the same as looking at the moon's craters.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
OOH, Gotchya, thanks for clearing that up Army.

top topics

join