It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The religions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Is it possible that whichever religion you are, thats your fate after death. say your christian and the guy next you is atheist. you both die, you go to heaven because thats your beleife but he just...well...kinda lays there, while little kids poke his body with sticks and flys infultrate his lungs and start laying eggs and stray animals defecate on him...but anyways, what do you guys think.

Schmidt1989

[edit on 6/11/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I will say to you that only the death knows where they are heading after they die.

All we living humans can do is speculate on it by our believes be religious or not.

All we have is experiences from what we consider people coming from the death but not reliable prof.

So in the end nobody living can really tell.

We just assume.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You're obviously a christian. I say this because of the way you described what happens to the athiests body. I think you should learn more about athiesm. Nobody knows what happens when you die, never been proven. Just because you believe in something does not make it true. From religious beliefs your body doesn't travel with you anyway so wouldn't the christian body get raped just like the athiests?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well Im a firm believer in Heaven and Hell, I know that to be true.
But sometimes for me it's like "Yo, I need hard proof"....so death
will be like the ultimate answer. If we just lie there and that's it...
then who cares, I won't know Im dead.

But to others death could be the ultimate slap in the face.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
You're obviously a christian. I say this because of the way you described what happens to the athiests body. I think you should learn more about athiesm. Nobody knows what happens when you die, never been proven. Just because you believe in something does not make it true. From religious beliefs your body doesn't travel with you anyway so wouldn't the christian body get raped just like the athiests?

no im not christain, i just made a mistake and kinda forgot about the body part. i was atheist but now id kinda like to consider myself nothing. i dont think religion is important at all. i dont believe in god but i dont not belive in him either, that would make me religious, im done with religion, i just had one question.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Whether you follow a religion or not I don't think any of us really know what happens after death. I am Lutheran, thus Christian and I believe if I have a certain faith that I will go to heaven. Do I know that to be fact? Well, no, because I haven't died yet. But I hope and belive that will happen. Perhaps it is not the religion you follow, or don't follow that determines what happens after death, perhaps it is just what you hope for. It would be nice to think that all our hopes come true in death.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

what happens after death, perhaps it is just what you hope for

Why do you think this? If that is the case then that would have to be due to some higher power outside of our universe's laws. A "superpower" would have to make that happen.....not nature.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

All we living humans can do is speculate on it by our believes be religious or not.

So in the end nobody living can really tell.

We just assume.

See, this is where the Bible, and those who believe it and those who don't, part ways. The God who wrote the Bible(using men) wants us to know the truth about stuff. He wants us to know who we are and where we are headed. If you believe the Bible you don't have to speculate. You can know the truth. The lie that mankind cannot know God or the truth is just that, a lie. You can know God and you can know how to live forever after death.

Don't believe that lie.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sorry dbrant you can not prove to anybody here that you know where you are going after death anymore than me telling that I have seen the other side and how it looks.

Will you believe me?

I thought so.:shk:

The bible can only assume by the words of men that wrote it where you may or not be heading, but none of them can agree for sure.

No dbrant perhaps your haven and hell is not even closed to my visions of the "after life"

And you will never be able to prove me wrong, no even with bible verses.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry dbrant you can not prof to anybody here that you know where you are going after death anymore than me telling that I have seen the other side and how it looks.

And you will never be able to prove me wrong, no even with bible verses.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior is done by faith. Reading the Bible and believing it is is an act of faith also.

Those who have accepted Christ will someday have their faith turned into sight.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The afterlife is moot and doesn't really matter, because it's beyond our control. It doesn't matter if we go to the Elysian Fields or turn into worm food or "sleep" in the grave awaiting the Resurrection or get reincarnated by the Archons or what-have-you. What matters is the here and now and the legacy we leave behind us and the lives we touch during our all too short stay on this rock. If one's belief system helps them to leave a positive legacy, then ... more power to them, but ... I personally don't need a "belief system" to move me to be good. I've got enough guilt from Mommy to do that. LOL!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
dbrandt has this locked up. The only thing said that I might add a bit to is that God will turn some of your faith into sight on this side of the grave via actions and answered prayer.

People say , "Show me and I will believe".
God says, "Believe and I will open your eyes"

Its an impass of human pride now. Its that very sin that started the fall in the first place.

The afterlife is moot and doesn't really matter,...

The afterlife is EVERYTHING. To put things in better context. THIS IS the BeforeLife. This one lasts at most a 120 years. The next one is forever.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

The afterlife is moot and doesn't really matter,...

The afterlife is EVERYTHING. To put things in better context. THIS IS the BeforeLife. This one lasts at most a 120 years. The next one is forever.

And like I said, ... that my dear friend is moot (i.e., debatable; open to debate).

Whatever the Afterlife holds ... it is clear that one's conduct in the Here-And-Now SHOULD BE of supreme importance, no!? (See further Matthew 25:31-46). That's all I was getting at....

At the very least ... one's legacy ought to include "righteousness" -- which in Hebrew (lit. tzedakah) carries the dual meaning of "being upright and Law abiding" and "charitable" -- as well as "acts of loving kindness" (Heb. gemilut chasidim), right?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all of those things will follow.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If you were a christian, and died .. or were going ot die next to an Atheist, you would try to save them while you could. The so called 11th hour conversion. FOr me, that is what I hope will happen to my dad since he is agnostic with more leanings towards eastern buddist teachings.

But Regardless, one your spirit leaves the body, from what I can gather from the bible the mortal world has no more concern for you. Nor what happens to the Atheist. It isn't because you will be uncaring, but becasue it doen't matter to you anymore.

Regardless, it matters most what time you do have with that person BEFORE you die, and if you can help save them

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
If you were a christian, and died .. or were going ot die next to an Atheist, you would try to save them while you could. The so called 11th hour conversion. FOr me, that is what I hope will happen to my dad since he is agnostic with more leanings towards eastern buddist teachings.

But Regardless, one your spirit leaves the body, from what I can gather from the bible the mortal world has no more concern for you. Nor what happens to the Atheist. It isn't because you will be uncaring, but becasue it doen't matter to you anymore.

Regardless, it matters most what time you do have with that person BEFORE you die, and if you can help save them

What's wrong with letting that person make his own choice?

Realistically, your belief is no more correct, or right, than his....forcing your beliefs on someone else (not least on their deathbed!) seems just a little unfair. Though I do like the part about savouring the time you have left with the person.

However, his faith is not your choice. It's his. Let him choose, and let him deal with his own afterlife.

top topics

join