It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I alwayss comfort mysel like this......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
When I meet difficulty or something unpleasent, I will speak to myslef that universe is so so so so so BIG, and we people are so so so so so .... SMALL. Then any difficulty, any bother will seem extremely tiny to me and I will cheer up again.
I think u guys can also comfort yourself in this way .hah............

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is big and we are small. But why would this calm you down? i think the best way to release anger is to beat the hell out of something.

But i still dont understand why this would calm you down...anyhow, welcome to ATS, where people like me make people like you feel extremely insecure. We take pride in our efforts to be butt holes and cause nothing but trouble and spam. No im j/p around.

U2U me if you have any questions (but I can’t answer them all, I'm still quite newbie too, in my opinion.) Or aim message me.

Schmidt1989

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We are so tiny compared with universe. Even the whole history of human being is also dinky when faceing the evolvement process of galaxy. So I feel relieved because no matter how u are successful or humble, u can't change anything to some extent. Maybe it is futilitarian but it really works on me.
I have been always looking for a forum to discuss all kinds of interesting things with friends all over the world. Now I think I find it.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree with you on that you found a forum to discuss these things, but you mis worded it by saying i found a forum. i think you meant you found the forum. but i disagree with you on this:

So I feel relieved because no matter how u are successful or humble, u can't change anything to some extent.

I think you can change things to some extent, just not completely.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Okay, not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this in though, you should look and read around a bit.

Also, I know what your saying, I mean it's a trick of the mind becuase scale is really just all in your head anyways, but I think what you mean is when people say "Don't sweat the small stuff." or stuff like that because in life it won't really matter in the end, just try to feel good. I guess, and you for some reason or another relate it to the universe and how big it is, when I think when people say that they mean life and how long and meaningless it really all is.

Anyways, so not really much to do with space exploration man.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind correction for my grammar mistake. I come from china, so my english is a little poor. And I have difficulty in understanding some slang and abbreviation.

I tried to u2u u just now. But it responded me that I can't send priveate message to anyone but ATS Staff unitl I have more than 20 posts. So I post my question here. What does "No im j/p around" mean? Could u give me some explanation? Thanks.

Now it's 1:30am in China. I have to go to bed now.

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I agree with you on that you found a forum to discuss these things, but you mis worded it by saying i found a forum. i think you meant you found the forum. but i disagree with you on this:

So I feel relieved because no matter how u are successful or humble, u can't change anything to some extent.

I think you can change things to some extent, just not completely.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
1. j/p: Just playing.

2. I c what u mean. My problem is tiny compared 2 others in the universe, so yeah, i c how that helps. tnx.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am glad that u can help me and I can help u.

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
1. j/p: Just playing.

2. I c what u mean. My problem is tiny compared 2 others in the universe, so yeah, i c how that helps. tnx.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, you are right about us being so small, I can see how that would be comforting.
We are also so short lived in the grand scale of things.
But then again we are huge compared to many things, like atoms and stuff, we are also very long lived for that matter.
Though we are more small and short lived for that matter, so it is more comforting to think of it that way.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Congratulations!
U have found a new way to think and strength my idea. I once read a essay about how to find out one's happiness. It tells us another way to make us get satisfied with our current situation.
I translate it from Chinese into English to share with u guys. But forgive my poor english.

Now let's count your fortune, dear friends. If u find that u are breathing yet when u wake up this morning, u are luckier than 1000 thousand people who died in the past week in the world.
If u have never suffered the danger of wars, the loneliness of captivity or hungriness..., u are luckier than 5 hundrest million people in the world.
If u have some food in your refrigerator, have colthing on your body and have a house to live in, u are richer than 70 percents of all the people in the world.
If u have deposit in your bank account, have cach in your wallet, u are now in the list of top 8 percent rich people in the world.
If your parents are still alive and they live together, u belong to a rare group of people in the world.
If u can look up with a smile and gratitude, u are really happy now. Because most of the people in the world could do this like u but they haven't.
If u can read these words, u have more happiness than 20 hundred million people in the world who can't see.

new topics

top topics

join