It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Designs and the Death of the ATS Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Majic.

His, to all appearances, good-natured pontificating regarding the newly-forming ATS Republic had us all convinced of his benevolent nature and that he wished to serve the interests of all ATS members.

But now, with the largest landslide victory, Majic has taken his position on the ATS Council, and the veil is slipping...

You'll notice that Majic's avatar has changed from the wide-eyed, innocently boyish, "Why Me?" image, to this:

While on the surface, the beatific smile on the face of the character in the picture may appear to be an expression of delight at having succeeded in the popular vote, upon closer inspection, you will see that the boy is in fact wearing a black, hooded cloak. This raised my suspicions - suspicions that had been niggling at the back of my brain ever since Majic 's early professions of reluctance to take on the role. Star Wars fans may remember a character that also feigned reluctance to take on a position of power that he had in fact schemed for all along. That's right...Emperor Palpatine.

external image external image

And what happened after Senator Palpatine took over the role of Chancellor of the Republic? He engineered its destruction from within!!

Look again at Majic's new avatar and you will see, hidden in plain sight, the symbol of the Empire itself!!

If this is not an unofficial announcement of Majic's evil intentions, then please, tell me what is!!

But that is not where the evidence ends. I noticed that Majic's avatar seems to exhibit a flash or slight flicker every now and then. Using ultra-advanced image analysis technology, I slowed down the frames where the avatar flickers and have reproduced them here for you:

Are you as shocked as I am?? Majic has maneuvered his way to a position on the ATS Council, and not just in any ordinary role - he is the reigning council member for the Deny Ignorance Steering Committee!!

It is obvious from the evidence I have presented above that Majic is developing a nefarious plot to overthrow the ATS Republic and declare himself Emperor of the four ATS galaxies: ATS, BTS, P@ATS and ATSNN.

In the words of Padme, "So this...is how democracy dies."...

[edit on 2005/6/11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Work Of Separatists!

This is preposterous! An outrage!

As every citizen knows, I seek only to serve the Republic!

It should be clear to all that wecomeinpeace is in league with the very Separatists who would destroy our cherished institutions!

My dear fellow citizens, it is now clear to all that the stranglehold the Separatists have on our sacred Republic is more grave than any of us had wanted to imagine, but the unpleasant truth is revealed here for us all to see.

Indeed, what confronts us is not the work of mere Separatists, but Rebels who desire nothing less than to bring war and chaos to the galaxy!

Thus it is with great... reluctance... that I call upon the Council to grant me emergency powers until this crisis is averted.

With these powers, I will raise a Grand Army of the Republic to combat the Rebel peril.

The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated.

Soon, Peace and Order shall be restored throughout the Galaxy.®

---

WCIP, that is totally awesome! Finally, someone who appreciates my subtle and wicked sense of humor.

Yes, I'm being facetious, but there's a double edge to my satire.

We Councilors must always remember who elected us, and why.

The smarmy “Emperor Majic” avatar is there to remind all of us -- including me -- of the dangers of seeking power for power's sake.

While I consider myself a “good” Jedi, the record shows that it is all to easy to fall to the Dark Side.

Here's hoping I don't. Or haven't. Or wasn't secretly a Sith lord all along.

Excellent post, WCIP.

You have done well, my young apprentice...

P.S. Don't be surprised if I steal that modified avatar.

P.P.S. Semi-coincidentally, I have adopted the “Empire logo” as the Unofficial DISC Logo, so if you see members sporting them, that may be what that's about. Either a DISC member or a fan of the Empire.

P.P.P.S. Phear meh uber Haibane Army!

[edit on 6/11/2005 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It sounds very interesting, but are u serious?
I am a newbie here. I think I can't understand what u are talking about until I read more posts.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Shirley, You Jest

Originally posted by usual

Um, no.

The ATS Council is a new experiment where ATSers elect representatives to help bridge the gap between members and staff, help both new members and old with any problems they may have and (ideally) take some of the workload off the staff as well.

We don't actually have any real power, just the power of opinion and persuasion. We can't make direct changes to the ATS website, for example, nor shouild we be able to.

We make recommendations.

The Council is just getting started, and the potential for us to go down the wrong road is high, hence the satire.

But we're working on it.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by usual
I am a newbie here. I think I can't understand what u are talking about until I read more posts.

wecomeinpeace Maybe very serious. I cant say I have not seen the same.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
An Honest Face

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

It's okay, you can trust me now:

See?

I hope my subtle barbs aren't lost on anyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
An Honest Face

It's okay, you can trust me now:

See?

I hope my subtle barbs aren't lost on anyone.

Just another wolf in sheep clothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Less Than Meets The Eye

Just another wolf in sheep clothing.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps a sheep in wolves' clothing.

One of my not-so-subtle points is that an avatar ultimately tells you nothing about the person who wears it.

It's just an image that person wants you to see.

Why? Only the person who chooses it can really know.

top topics

join