It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a secret underground tunnel? sat pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
this is located not far from 4 corners area, it is in the middle of the NW corner of NM (many miles SE of bloomington)... so the location wouldn't be too far off...

it first looks like a road, but there are no cars on it, and it seems to dead end right into a mountain... (also many of the underground portions are far too long to be tunnels...)

Secondly...I thought, maybe it is a irrigation canal (a rather large one) since it winds past a few agricultural areas... ALSO* it doesn't end in a lake or other water source... both percevable ends are dead ending into mountains or into the ground.

then I noticed that the agricultural areas are not close to anything else...
so I decided to follow this "road/river" until I could determine its source...

but there is no source... It begins the same as it ends... dead ended...

then I wondered... could this be a tube tunnel?
it appears to have the tube shape based on the places it enters the ground... being eliptical with flat bottoms...

follow this thing as far as you can... it skips large zones and will pick up again several zoomed squares over... I found it best to follow at full zoom, then zoom out one or two steps to see where it re-emerges...
good hunting...
underground tunnel?

[edit on 10-6-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

[edit on 10-6-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think it is part of something similar to the Salt River Project in Phoenix -- if not a part of that. It provides power and water to areas. We have a bunch of members who live in that area maybe they will know for sure.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I had originally considered that...
but if you follow that bugger... it goes on and off for at least 30 miles, and dead ends INTO THE GROUND...

I do understand the possibility of underground streams with above ground irrigation channels... but those do come out somewhere to join a water body...I can't find where these do...
I also can't figure out what towns it serves... this is god forsaken land folks... we are talking the area between Los Alamos and DULCE...
so the area is empty for a reason.. lots of government owned land... without a lot of roads... it is also barren of growth...

My fantastical theory is that this is a tunnel going from los alamos to ? and goes by roadless secluded land, that has above ground facilities that are used by the government for secret agriculture projects or food production

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its obviously water channel just cos it don`t go into a lake no reason to dismiss it as water does travel underground through pipes.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Looks interesting, but it does look like water channels.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Can anyone get me the Long and Lat on that area? Google maps is being stupid for some reason. I would really like to get a look at it without the google watermark all over it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Zoom way out on that sat photo, and you will see it follows the contours to at least one pump station I could recognize. It also supplies more than a few large circle crops on its downhill run.

I have seen this particular canal many times during flights over that area. It goes on for many hundeds of miles, not just 30.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree, it does look quite like irrigation canals. It is interesting though, as it does seem to terminate at strange intervals. Of course from that height objects can take on a "different" appearance. The terminations in the line are probably just roads, or bridges, to cross the canals as they seem quite long. Interesting pic.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
can anybody say.....DULCE?

Seems about the correct location for being a part of the Dulce complex to me.

This does look like water however....VERY odd that it would stop and start like it does......is it near enough Lake Powell to be part of the water and electrical dealings there?

[edit on 10-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Looks interesting, but it does look like water channels.

Water channels...

And Nventuall, Rammstein forever. Love your Avatar!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like irragation, and if you follow the whole path, it runs awefully close to some river-looking lines, It's best not to make a theory based on Google maps.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Going to have to go with the concensus here. Not to mention, given the roads thickness, it'd be far too thick to imagine as what you are thinking. I have little doubt that LANL, White Sands, etc. likely have such a connection system, but there's no need any of it would be so visible.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Going to have to go with the concensus here. Not to mention, given the roads thickness, it'd be far too thick to imagine as what you are thinking. I have little doubt that LANL, White Sands, etc. likely have such a connection system, but there's no need any of it would be so visible.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Try following it.
It's irrigation and passes through a few farms before connecting up with a mountain and various streams.

The image you've linked to is the end of it, follow it left.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It looks like a canal alright, irrigation or who knows what, but quite possibly it's still linked to those facillities, maybe there are tunnels going underneath it?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I will go with irrigation...
I just had no idea that irrigation could travel for miles under ground to re-emerge ....
I have seen a lot of ground on my travels... and have yet to see a full fledged "several lanes wide" river just emerge from a platuea......
it obviously is manmade due to the perfection of the width,

but can we dig tunnels miles long underground for use of irrigation alone?

you can see that the areas that it travels underground haven't been disturbed along the top, so must be tunneled, not dug, and reburied...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Looks like an irrigation channel to me (possibly to catch occasional rainfall from the high ground?). Also, if you zoom out the map about halfway there's a large area of circular green irrigated fields to the west, so I'm guessing that's possibly where the water's going.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is an irrigation canal running from the Navaho Dam and Reservoir 39 miles from Farmington, New Mexico.

www.usbr.gov...

greennature.com...

www.crwua.org...

What is perhaps more interesting here is this pacman imagery located in the agricultural area south of Farmington. Could this be some sort of code?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No, it's just crops. And plus if it was some kind of imagery, that's pretty rediculous. But, none the less, it's fun to imagine this:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What is the purpose of connecting laboratories with tunnels? Why would Los Alamos scientists have to travel quickly between Los Alamos and somewhere else when Los Alamos has every damn thing a scientist could ever want right there at their fingertips?

If they need to travel quickly to somewhere else, why can't they just drive or take a plane like everybody else? HmmMMmmMmmmmMMMmmmmmm.....

Zip

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join