It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabs need to know their role.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just can't wait until some punk teenager from California discovers a way to run a car on cooking oil or ethanol and the entire Arab oil fortune goes from billions of dollars to pennies overnight. God, that would be funny. They would find themselves in the same position as whalers did in the 1900s.

I mean really, outside of oil, which they just got lucky with, what have the Arabs contributed to society? Absolutely nothing. They need to go back to the desert and heard my goats and sheep. And if they try to mess around with us, I'll show them real oppression. I would go back to Andrew Jackson and start up the new trail of tears, and march them around the desert until they all died.

The same with the latin drug cartels. If it was up to me, I would legalize the drugs and send these dictators back to the bean patch where they belong.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukethedrifter
I mean really, outside of oil, which they just got lucky with, what have the Arabs contributed to society? Absolutely nothing. They need to go back to the desert and heard my goats and sheep. And if they try to mess around with us, I'll show them real oppression. I would go back to Andrew Jackson and start up the new trail of tears, and march them around the desert until they all died.

They have made many contributions.
You just aren't aware of them because you haven't actually taken the time to look.

Here's a few:
www.islamic-study.org...

Oil exports from the Middle East are fairly recent, within the last hundred years or so. Prior to that though, the Middle East had a fairly advanced society and they were fairly powerful. Do some research on the Ottoman invasions of Europe.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Pick up an enclyclopaedia....

Mohammad al-Khwarizmi was a mathematician who flourished in Baghdad around the year 800. He wrote a book about the solving of equations. It was called ilm al-jabr wa'l muqabalah (the science of transposition and cancellation). The term al-jabr from this title gave the English word, ALGEBRA.

Glass - 3000 BC, in modern Syria, Lebanon.

Sumeria developed the cuniform script around 3300 BC

The wheel also dates back to Sumeria, around 3500 BC

Also attributed are:

Hospitals, as places of doctors, nurses etc - 970 AD

Postal service - Persia, 600 AD

Parabolic mirror - 1020 AD, from polished silver and iron by Ibn al-Haytham

Earth and stone dams - around 3200 BC, in present day Jordan.

The list is much, much longer.

Nice try, though....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Look at all the inventions. There is nothing since the industrial revolution. Their last big accomplishment has been in the middle ages. What have they done recently? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Now, searching for the awkwardly racist forum to put this topic in....

Tell you what, I'll just close this thread and save it until we build a racist forum just for you.

new topics

top topics

join