It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Symbols Used as Decorations on New Clothing Line

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
The point is there is no such thing as "just a symbol". They have meaning. If people interpret a symbol as representing hatred and violence, then that's the meaning of the symbol.

so basically you're saying.....that if thats how you want to see it then thats how IT is?

and you've even said it yourself in a very indirect way, it has meaning, the one you want to put on it. thats your fault for wanting it to have a evil conotation, noone elses. blame your mindset, not the symbol for this.

people have used religion for evil but i dont see people universally viewing religion as evil. so where's the consistency? anything can be used for evil.......jeez.

the symbol itself is neutral, its how one uses it and views it is what gives it meaning, and that is a choice YOU make on your own. i still see it as "just a symbol", just like any other.

There is nothing wrong with being judgmental. It's how you use your judgment that makes the difference.

lol more often than not those who judge have prejudices or preconcieved notions/stereotypes. you've already proven this.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Funniest. Thing. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I can just see people coming up with those shirts at school.
ZIEG HEIL!
JAWOHL MEIN DIREKTOR!!!
*facepalm*

And by the way people the Swastika they use IS the nazi one. It is Thick and has it's end positionned up, down left and right.

The Manji and other swastikas are horizontal.

[Edited on 8/13/2003 by necro99]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join