It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Math and trying to save Einstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Whever I see all of the amazing equations that Einstien, or any other of the great thinkers of our day, I have always wondered where they had come up with the idea or even the process of the equation? I am also wondering about why there is so much effort put into trying to keep Einstiens theory, I have always assumed that scienceists were always happy to find a new outlook on our existence, if some one has figured something better than good ol' Einstien why not embrace it? I am only asking this because I was told that M theory, and string theories were attempts to connect Einstiens idea, with Quantam Mechanics.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One of the great things about Einstein is that a lot of his work was figuring things out, and less about the math. There's plenty of math, but you can get very far using old math and just thinking very hard. The math goes from being pretty simple to very hard. It's the concepts that are hard to grasp.

We try to fix Einstein's theory because it works. If it doesn't work in certain areas, we'd all rather ammend it a bit than scrap it and start over. Einstein's theories work amazingly well, and thus shall be around for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The math was extremely complicated before Newton - Calculus makes things a whole lot easier.

I would say there's a mix of physicists from what I've noticed. I'm more of a math oriented type of guy - it just makes things easier sometimes. There's many times however, like Einstein's case, where he had to bring aboard mathematicians because things just get too complicated.

Very simply put, Einstein's universe does work on the macroscopic world. There's enough experimental and mathematical evidence to prove that. However, it does not work on the quantum scale, so there's Quantum Mechanics, which doesn't work on the macroscopic scale. This is why String Theory exists, to bring a theory of everything (although I am skeptical about it).

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Didnt Eistein looks into creating a theory/equation of everything....Maybe this is why people are still looking into linking everything. Never know.

top topics

join