It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gov't coming out of the closet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

What exactly would be efficient, in your opinion?

If you want to make a movie or TV show you need a producer. What gets made or shown, etc. depends greatly on the money man. Give a director a script, some cash, get some unknowns in for the acting and throw into the arena to see what happens.

Plenty of these shows have failed, but many more have had huge success. All the time, the public conciousness is being influenced. I don't think there would be any need to disclose to the people making the shows; besides, only snippets at a time are released.

I don't think the government is going to be able to disclose easily, IMO they screwed themselves by not coming out sooner, they are too far into the hole to come out cleanly.

I was just saying that if the shows were a way of slow disclosure, that means the government put these producers and what not up to it, and with networks such as fox (x-files) the minute the gov't came to them asking for their help to disclose using these shows fox would turn it into a special about coverups and aliens.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
I feel that disclosure is already ongoing.

I have a theory that during the early 80's, the governments of the world had decided to disclose all their dealings with aliens and UFO's. This was evident in the amount of references made to extraterrestrials in both tv shows and movies.

Everything from ET to Close Encounters, UFO's on Benson to ChiPs and shows such as Starman and American Hero gradually brought the idea of the existence of aliens amongs us more into the public conciousness. We now could watch friendly little aliens here to make friends with us and get used to the idea that people were being abducted on an ongoing basis.

However, the tone of things turned dark, very suddenly. We had V, the X-files and hosts of other shows which set out to show us aliens were here and werent't particulary friendly.

The setup is almost complete I feel, with more mainstream media outlets joining in on the fray. If a Flying Saucer had landed on the lawn of the White House in the 80's it might have caused wide spread panic.

However, nowadays, we are so conditioned and used to the idea that if the disclosure ever took place, a lot of people would jump up and start shouting "I knew it! I knew it! Didn't I tell you it was true?"

This is more right than anything, and less wrong than no one. For the sake of the government, you ALL probably think "they" know more than we do. But they don't. Not all government officials know everything there is to know or anything at all, about UFO's/Aliens. A selected few, heck, not even the president, may truly know ALL there is to know about aliens. The closest, current on-going show that comes to a mochery ('making fun of' in terms of the governments view) is Stargate: SG1. Heck, even the U.S Air Force and most of the military is involved with this one. This show I believe comes the closest to the current conditionING (or so it seems) that our government is supposedly trying to manipulate (get the public/society aware of in a secretative=as friendly as they can do it) type of way. Other than that, I have more view points to come. But duty calls. I must go for now. So until next time.....

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Super7E123

This is more right than anything, and less wrong than no one.

errrr.....thanks?

For the sake of the government, you ALL probably think "they" know more than we do. But they don't.

Probably true. They might not know half of what they think they know. And us even less....

The closest, current on-going show that comes to a mochery ('making fun of' in terms of the governments view) is Stargate: SG1. Heck, even the U.S Air Force and most of the military is involved with this one.

I love Stargate, but the thing is maybe they just like the show because it portrays them in a heroic light? I mean the Navy go nuts for Star Trek. It doesn't mean there really is an Enterprise flying around in orbit, just it portrays life on a ship as being fun and full of adventure.

Maybe Stargate is part of the whole disclosure thing or maybe it is just a well written and developed sci-fi series?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
When you are talking about entertainment like movies, tv shows, or books I believe the reverse is much more the truth. The reason these things are made reflects the change in opinion of the people who watch them.

Art reflects life, yes influences it a little, and today that is strengthened by the most powerful force on Earth, money. The US government does not control the media, money controls the media. The government can tax, police, monitor, and influence, but in the end what sells rules.

It is still true today that nobody really knows why some things work and some things do not. Sure we can discuss quality of acting, story, or any other detail, but in the end, it just works or it does not. I am sure we can all think of a film that was a blockbuster but that left us wondering what everyone saw in the piece of dreck.

I do think the US government in particular has been engaged in a slow program to help get us ready for the ideas of alien life. But this has been in areas where they can better control how things work out. Documents are released in a way that will be dismissed by most people. Stories are told, and then disproven just enough to keep them out of the national newspapers.

When this all seems to have been set in motion, starting in the 40's, all evidence said humans were not grown up enough to cope. This feeling has persisted to this day in many people's minds. If you accept that the government knows anything at all, then it just makes sense that they would try to carefully prepare us for it. Avoiding any major disruptions to the flow of life is what most governement think they are for at their very core.

If I were to believe that Steven was making the War of the Worlds for anything other than pure entertainment I would be horrified. Do we really need another one of those movies. I love the original, and I might even like this one. But I will watch it for what it is, and forgive him for whatever negative impact it might make on those who see more into it.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
When this all seems to have been set in motion, starting in the 40's, all evidence said humans were not grown up enough to cope. This feeling has persisted to this day in many people's minds.

Everybody remembers the reaction the original War of the Worlds was met with back when it was originally broadcasted. I am sure this would be a consideration if the Government of the day had anything to disclose.

Given the current climate of fear and distrust, could we expect a similar reaction to disclosure today? Or are we so used to the idea and images of aliens that we have been bombarded with as a society since the 50's? Would a similar announcement meet with any fear of surprise?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just a little thought or question or whatever.. Has there been anything in the past that the U.S.(or any nation for that matter) had kept secret, then practiced this slow disclosure by getting the public used to the idea? So basically is there a reason to think that this is the method they have been using since the 40's-50's(if in fact they are using it) is actually taking place, or is it just a theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join