It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gov't coming out of the closet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before and if it has you can erase it or whatever you do.

When do you think the government will finally release its secrets and how? By when I mean, after what circumstances or events will the government finally decide it's time to come out of the closet? Do you think they will do it over the years little by little, or maybe some big event that they can't cover up will force them to just drop the bomb and let everything out.

I think the government won't budge until it has to and some major event (Aliens landing and showing themselves) will make them tell us what's up. Although they would probably just say they didn't know anything and act just as shocked.

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well, i dont think they will EVER come out of the closet! they will do whatever they can to get out of it! why would they? they would just be releasing that they were telling lies!!!

BTW welcome to ats
P.P.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Total disclosure will never happen. But partial from the Govt will follow only after certain events have transpired.

1. Complete amesty for those who were involved in the projects.

2. The NEED for the whole world to know. If the world was in certain peril then i believe it would be leaked. Not just here and there but massively.

3. A scientific breakthrought that was considered completely impossible and defies what most scholars were told or taught.

4. In the event of War against said alien species, we would have to know.

If i missed anything let me know but that is pretty much it. Even if a comet was set to destroy the earth , the people that know and have the ability to "leave" based off of statistics there is going to be a leak of information.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Why are the government so defensive about the existance of aliens. They have got to let us knnow sooner or later, as today there are moles and so forth. Government we want answers!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoid Pain
well, i dont think they will EVER come out of the closet! they will do whatever they can to get out of it! why would they? they would just be releasing that they were telling lies!!!

BTW welcome to ats
P.P.

well i don't know, everyone's pushing for disclosure, it's been said alot but not long ago area 51 'did not exist'. That's a good question though, why would they?

and thanks!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Odds are that the government will never publically disclose what they know or don't know about aliens. There would be too much to loose even if they did land on the White House lawn.

If the general public knew of all the back room deals, shady associations, laws broken, secrets that the government knew, etc. the general public would loose confidence in the government which would create a bigger problem than actually releasing the information and creating a possible mass histeria.

If in the event aliens did land on the White House lawn the government would just act as surprised as the general population, but would have plans in place to deal with it. Information would be leaked through news sources, but only what they wanted out, just as they do now.

Basically, never expect full disclosure, and in all reality don't even expect partial disclosure.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
'The Government' or which ever body decides who knows what about Aliens basically have to decide which of these two scenarios will be less crazy:

1. Aliens making themselves known out of the blue giving humans no chance to dwell on it but force them to accept it.

or

2. Revealling to the world that Aliens exsist, have been coming here for a while and will be making themselves known soon and then dealing with all the religions and various groups of people who will want to deny and retaliate.

It's going to be humanity changing as we know it. Even if the Aliens only stayed for 10 minutes, just proving they exsist and there's no more speculation about intelligent life in space will cause changes in the world that no other event could.

I reckon they are doing all they can to keep it secret so humans will basically be unaware until the Aliens make it impossible to cover up any longer but by that time, i think the 'government' will be well prepared and probably even in the loop.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief the US government isn't stupid. Countless taxpayer dollars have ben spent with thinktanks exploring every facet of American culture. Disclosure of UFOs, according to the Rand Corp. would result in societal breakdown, choas and confusion. People wouldn't go to work, odd cults would spring up like mushrooms, Control would be very hard to maintain and the economic structure would suffer. In other words: You Can't Handle the Truth!! I think their are professional debunkers, paid by the Govt. on forums like this to difuse, deflect, ridicule the folks that may get to close to the truth. Disinformation has been developed into a fine art. Some of the most seemingly ardent UFO supporters here are probably disinformation agents. Just a guess.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Contrary to popular belief the US government isn't stupid. Countless taxpayer dollars have ben spent with thinktanks exploring every facet of American culture. Disclosure of UFOs, according to the Rand Corp. would result in societal breakdown, choas and confusion. People wouldn't go to work, odd cults would spring up like mushrooms, Control would be very hard to maintain and the economic structure would suffer. In other words: You Can't Handle the Truth!! I think their are professional debunkers, paid by the Govt. on forums like this to difuse, deflect, ridicule the folks that may get to close to the truth. Disinformation has been developed into a fine art. Some of the most seemingly ardent UFO supporters here are probably disinformation agents. Just a guess.

interrrreeesting. well then if it comes down to the government having no say and one day the aliens just come down, all of that stuff will happen and america goes flush. it does all depends though on what the aliens intentions are. im sure if they come down saying they can cure every disease and stop world hunger, people wont be running for cover and staying inside, but then again if its the opposite then yep toilet time for tiny town

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I can think of a couple of possible situations that would force Disclosure

1) When the advances dry up. At some point we will have learned as much as we can in secret, and then the next step will be to open things up so we can milk more from what we know. The main thing driving the secrecy is the power involved, if that lessens then things will change.

2) A unique and powerful US President gets elected, after all, He or She! is in the best position to force the changes required.

3) I do agree that the most likely possibility is some event that cannot be covered up.

Most people I have talked to consider the Rand report completely silly. Of use only to those who wish to maintain the secrets. There is no comparable situation from which to draw data and therefore their conclusions have no weight at all. About the only thing that report is good for is the look inside the heads of the people who created it. They are so mired in their own point of view that any significant chance is terrifying.

The real truth is that the changes are unknowable at the present time. And that leads to fear. But rather than talk about that, they throw out things like 'Society will collapse' or 'people will stop going to work. Dumb.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hello ! First off i am not a governmet dis information agent !! (Whew!) Perhaps eveyone who posts should declare this !!
As to the rest, well i have to agree it will take an ailen landing on the White House Lawn scenerio to get the US Govt to release anything at all!!!
But how far away are we all from this? I am tired of waiting !! We need this to happen now!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Who is to say that disclosure will come from OUR government? Hasn't anyone considered the possibility of ANOTHER nation coming forth with proof? THIS EVENT alone could put our government into quite a bind.

If I was a nation with such proof and wanted to stick to the US of A, this would be a very good way to do it. It would paint a very shady picture of our government as a unit of mistrust and dare i say... CONSPIRACY!!!

Imagine- "aliens are real and your government has been lying to you all along..." At this point, couldn’t they just start making up ANYTHING about our gov.??

Seriously, suspend reality for a moment. Imagine you just woke up tomorrow morning to news reports on every channel claiming "Mexico or India or Russia" have just announced to the world aliens are real and they somehow prove it. How would you feel?? Now imagine your president Bush waking up to this same news.... after he sat there starring into the floor for 7 minutes... what do you think he'd do?

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Who is to say that disclosure will come from OUR government? Hasn't anyone considered the possibility of ANOTHER nation coming forth with proof? THIS EVENT alone could put our government into quite a bind.

If I was a nation with such proof and wanted to stick to the US of A, this would be a very good way to do it. It would paint a very shady picture of our government as a unit of mistrust and dare i say... CONSPIRACY!!!

Imagine- "aliens are real and your government has been lying to you all along..." At this point, couldn’t they just start making up ANYTHING about our gov.??

Seriously, suspend reality for a moment. Imagine you just woke up tomorrow morning to news reports on every channel claiming "Mexico or India or Russia" have just announced to the world aliens are real and they somehow prove it. How would you feel?? Now imagine your president Bush waking up to this same news.... after he sat there starring into the floor for 7 minutes... what do you think he'd do?

Peace

Well, hopefully Brazil will dislose something of value(most likely not Varginha though) that could put some pressure on the US government.
I belive even the Brazilian government has knowledge about the subject (ie that flying saucers are alien spacecraft etc) but I doubt that they would admit it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I bet if another nation came out and disclosed everything America would do what i said before and act just as shocked as the rest of us. If the other nations tried to use it against the U.S. gov. by saying something like 'look heres proof they exist, and here is proof that your government knew' the U.S. would go on with their national security mumbo jumbo. that is, telling everyone it was crucial they kept this information a secret for security purposes.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I wish there was a way to become invisible or hear what people are saying that way you could maybe figure out the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I feel that disclosure is already ongoing.

I have a theory that during the early 80's, the governments of the world had decided to disclose all their dealings with aliens and UFO's. This was evident in the amount of references made to extraterrestrials in both tv shows and movies.

Everything from ET to Close Encounters, UFO's on Benson to ChiPs and shows such as Starman and American Hero gradually brought the idea of the existence of aliens amongs us more into the public conciousness. We now could watch friendly little aliens here to make friends with us and get used to the idea that people were being abducted on an ongoing basis.

However, the tone of things turned dark, very suddenly. We had V, the X-files and hosts of other shows which set out to show us aliens were here and werent't particulary friendly.

The setup is almost complete I feel, with more mainstream media outlets joining in on the fray. If a Flying Saucer had landed on the lawn of the White House in the 80's it might have caused wide spread panic.

However, nowadays, we are so conditioned and used to the idea that if the disclosure ever took place, a lot of people would jump up and start shouting "I knew it! I knew it! Didn't I tell you it was true?"

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
I feel that disclosure is already ongoing.

I have a theory that during the early 80's, the governments of the world had decided to disclose all their dealings with aliens and UFO's. This was evident in the amount of references made to extraterrestrials in both tv shows and movies.

Everything from ET to Close Encounters, UFO's on Benson to ChiPs and shows such as Starman and American Hero gradually brought the idea of the existence of aliens amongs us more into the public conciousness. We now could watch friendly little aliens here to make friends with us and get used to the idea that people were being abducted on an ongoing basis.

However, the tone of things turned dark, very suddenly. We had V, the X-files and hosts of other shows which set out to show us aliens were here and werent't particulary friendly.

The setup is almost complete I feel, with more mainstream media outlets joining in on the fray. If a Flying Saucer had landed on the lawn of the White House in the 80's it might have caused wide spread panic.

However, nowadays, we are so conditioned and used to the idea that if the disclosure ever took place, a lot of people would jump up and start shouting "I knew it! I knew it! Didn't I tell you it was true?"

So you are basically suggesting the government has been conditioning us to get used to the idea of aliens through media. I just dont think that would be very efficient, the government would have to let the people who made these movies and shows in on things and the second most of these networks and directors got the news I bet it would be spread fast.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I really don't think the government cares enough to condition us and get us use to the idea. What would they even lose if they didn't and aliens did come? They don't have anything to gain from doing that.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bannonyoung
I really don't think the government cares enough to condition us and get us use to the idea. What would they even lose if they didn't and aliens did come? They don't have anything to gain from doing that.

They have plenty to gain, for one, the whole public not completely getting caught off guard and freaking out when the aliens do come. I don't agree with the conditioning thing by means of the media, but I think the government would much rather have its people at least ready for such an event rather than mass hysteria.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

So you are basically suggesting the government has been conditioning us to get used to the idea of aliens through media. I just dont think that would be very efficient, the government would have to let the people who made these movies and shows in on things and the second most of these networks and directors got the news I bet it would be spread fast.

What exactly would be efficient, in your opinion?

If you want to make a movie or TV show you need a producer. What gets made or shown, etc. depends greatly on the money man. Give a director a script, some cash, get some unknowns in for the acting and throw into the arena to see what happens.

Plenty of these shows have failed, but many more have had huge success. All the time, the public conciousness is being influenced. I don't think there would be any need to disclose to the people making the shows; besides, only snippets at a time are released.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join