It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal survey on aliens - shake or shoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If you saw a real honest to goodness alien - grey, reptillian, something else - what would be your first instinct? Shake hands and make friends, or shoot the thing?

I've never been much of a violent person and I tend to want to make friends. While I would be cautious in approaching an alien, I would wait and watch and approach if it seems safe. My concern would be in communication, since gestures or speech might have all the wrong meanings to an alien. I would probably try to observe what the alien was doing to try to determine it's intent - is it collecting samples, digging holes to bury stuff, wandering around looking for something ...

But the truth is we real don't know what the intent of an alien might be. If it didn't know we were intelligent, it might just think we look like a tasty lunch. It might want to ask for food or supplies, might not speak the language, might have hand gestures that are basically useless ...

If you encountered a real, live, honest to goodness alien - how would you react?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
How do you know aliens are intelligent? We barely have tangible proof that they even exist.

I for one actually believe we are better off than the "aliens" we have craft on mars. Do they have craft on earth?

Not that anyone can prove.

As to answer your question, I guess it would depend on the situation. If it was communicating with me and referenced peace, sure id be kind. If it was like drooling and making animilistic noises, well the guns are gonna come out.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Run.........and not look back..........I'll let someone else deal with the questioning. Ofcourse if I had a gun in my possesion that Alien better do the running because I'll be gunning him out of fear....

P.S To whom it may concern, Don't forget to take some pics and share them with us

[edit on 9-6-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Groan. Why do I see intergalactic war in our future. LOL.

And people wonder why the aliens don't drop by to visit. Smart creatures, they are! Don't want to get a bullet in the tush.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
unless it works like "Close Encounters" and they come blasting "WE COME IN PEACE" over a massive stereo, i think people are gonna flip out.

BUT

if they looked like humans, i think people would be ok with it.

its someting about an insect like human that freaks people out. and i can see why.

of course we have never really seen an alien, proof i mean. we really dont know what they look like. i dont buy the general "stereotypical" grey alien etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Groan. Why do I see intergalactic war in our future. LOL.

And people wonder why the aliens don't drop by to visit. Smart creatures, they are! Don't want to get a bullet in the tush.

LMAO, but it's only logic that Humans instincts will over take our actions, geeez....haven't you ever been scared by just watching a Horror flick?

Imagine some being popping out of nowhere...Boooo...It's a scarry
thought!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
imagine a group of beings fascinated by low brow humour, fast food and shiny things.

oh my its us !!

Also another thing that would make or break the human reaction. religion. how would religous beliefs be effected with alien life. thats the clincher. people can be very upset with any belief system. i think thats one of the biggest factors in the whole alien thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can describe how I would react based on dreams I've already had where I encountered aliens. If they are friendly and look like blonde females, I tend to be cooperative.

If they are unfriendly grey aliens or aliens that want to control things at my expense, well they did something to tick me off big time in one dream. I neutralized many of those aliens and attempted to take over their ship. That ship had many levels and I didn't understand the controls. The terrified aliens put me on a Do Not Ever Abduct Again list and managed to do an emergency beam out when I chased some aliens through one room. Then I woke up and never dreamed about those aliens again.

I once dreamed about intervening in a large totally alien war involving many star systems. One species got me ticked off and then they were history. I think I was lucid dreaming in a strange sort of way. Destroying the space fleets wasn't enough for me, I erased one alien species out of time itself. It was a neat dream. The surviving alien species became a peaceful species without the other aggressive alien species. I watched history unfold through time as the survivors no longer had conflicts on the planets they colonized.
I have some weird dreams on occasion.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I can describe how I would react based on dreams I've already had where I encountered aliens. If they are friendly and look like blonde females, I tend to be cooperative.

If they are unfriendly grey aliens or aliens that want to control things at my expense, well they did something to tick me off big time in one dream. I neutralized many of those aliens and attempted to take over their ship. That ship had many levels and I didn't understand the controls. The terrified aliens put me on a Do Not Ever Abduct Again list and managed to do an emergency beam out when I chased some aliens through one room. Then I woke up and never dreamed about those aliens again.

I once dreamed about intervening in a large totally alien war involving many star systems. One species got me ticked off and then they were history. I think I was lucid dreaming in a strange sort of way. Destroying the space fleets wasn't enough for me, I erased one alien species out of time itself. It was a neat dream. The surviving alien species became a peaceful species without the other aggressive alien species. I watched history unfold through time as the survivors no longer had conflicts on the planets they colonized.

lmao that rocks.

do not abduct list

banned from the universe. that had to be a good dream

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've changed my mind. Aliens aren't all that smart after all. They blew the timing.

If they'd come a few thousand years ago, humans would be worshipping them as gods and religion wouldn't be an issue. Now they have to wait until we grow up and realize that religion and aliens are two totally different concepts.

How smart is that?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

lmao that rocks.

do not abduct list

banned from the universe. that had to be a good dream

Great plot for a great Comedy Movie,quick Orion copyright that, and Thanks alot for sharing it with us.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

LOL. Everyone else always has the good dreams!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
haha it all depends on how i come upon this alien. if im in my front yard at night trimming the hedges and all of the sudden BAM and alien pops its head up on the other side and its screaming all of these strange tongues and flipping out, sure i would continue to trim that aliens face. but if i saw one from a distance and he said 'excuse me sir, is it alright if we chat for a bit.. possibly over tea? then sure i would welcome him with open arms buy him a soda.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I wouldn't shoot an alien, nor would I shake its hand (if it had one), but I may punch it to show my anger at all the secrecy they have concerning their activities here. Good intentions or not, the lengths that this has gone is highly ridiculous to me.

Say their presence "could" be a 100% benefit to our existence, but that their secretive campaigns have left humanity under a cloud of earthly government criminal conspiracy to keep them a secret. Criminality which costs lives through the War on Drugs which, IMO, is designed to keep most profits of the trade with those who keep the UFO/ET secret off of record books. The issue of nuclear weapons also seems to be directly related to ET presence in a negative way. IMO, our governments hold nuclear arms merely to keep us hostages against possible ET contact. ETs may be trying to thwart this and one day bring about positive change, but I haven't seen it yet. While some could claim that ETs can't be faulted for this, their mere presence IMO has essentially created these issues even if they have nothing to do with it other than showing up from time to time and scaring our corrupt governments into committing these acts upon their populations.

There is also the issue of potential long-term ET observation. If ETs have sat and watched as men have committed acts of barbarity against other men, as natural disasters wipe out untold numbers of lives, or disease wreak suffering upon the masses and they sat and watched for hundreds, thousands, millions of years without doing anything other than watching, then they truly deserve a punch in the face. Intergalactic research laws, spiritual training rules, whatever it is, I know that if I was an ET I couldn't be a part of what they do here simply because it seems that watching or even helping in the manner that they do creates problems or allows them to fester generation after generation.

I have no idea of any of the details concerning ET visitation and being a young human, I am quite ignorant of many of the details of life. However I feel that my research into the subject has created a loose, somewhat abstract idea concerning the truth of the matter.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't even think twice i'd shoot them ! Then that way i'll take the body to the media and i'll get rich ..hahaha

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't even think twice i'd shoot them ! Then that way i'll take the body to the media and i'll get rich ..hahaha

Not if they shoot back! LOL.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, it would depend on what it conveyed, if it acted, say like the Gou'ald in StarGate, I would act just like it, and tell it I was its god.

If it acted peacefuly, I would be very nice, and learn from it, and help it in any way.

If it acted fearful, as if it never met another sentient I would be very calm and tell it there was nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Two words

Alien slippers

Yeah thats what would happen if they started flapping their thin metaless lips at me. Now if they had their are open in a kind of "Christ please don't kill me" stance then i would be inclined to give them berth. Wide berth as even thought that is a comprimising position who's to say that Snrblak's buddy behind him doesn't have a gun of some sort. If not then I give em a good headbutt to show that i accept their peaceful coming. If their fleashy, bulbous heads survive the trama, then they're ok in my book. If not well... did I mention slippers?

-Aza

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well, all the other people make me look kinda well... nice. if it were a sole alien, just one... then i would doubt that they were planning an invasion, and i would aproach it like one might aproach a stray dog, cautiosly, while trying to show no feeling so he doesn't mistake fear for hostility and blow off my head out of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In an encounter between human and alien, I have to wonder who should be more afraid. The human or the alien?! They're probably out there right now wondering what they should do if they run into one of us ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join