It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu or Government Program for Population Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've spent some time reading about H5N1, or bird flu, and I've read all the warnings by health experts about the looming pandemic that will cause a global catastrophe.

Yet, nothing seems to be done to help prepare for the pandemic that experts say is all but inevitable now. We just don't know when or how bad.

News has been quiet lately. China's not talking since 1000 migratory birds died of H5N1. Vietnam is not talking even though they've been the hardest hit. Indonesia's not talking since they disclosed finding H5N1 in pigs, the influenza mixing vessel. No headlines from around the world. Nothing.

I've read all the stories about dead scientists, who all mysteriously worked on microbiology - as in viruses, like H5N1.

Is it a looming pandemic - or is it a government conspiracy to reduce global population?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Excellent Post!

I always felt that the nWo would stick to their plan and some how try to kill off at least 1/3 of the population, this way they could gather the people in the cities without overcrowding and open the rest of the land for agriculture.

It is my personal belief that AIDS was created in a lab, tested on American Gays and then let loose in Africa. Or perhaps you believe the green monkey did it???

I now see the same sort of thing in Asia. This epidemic started in Hong Kong, and now has spead throughout China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea.

Suprising since China is destined to become a superpower within the next 50 years...don't you think?

I believe that America or better described as the nWo is trying to kill off the people that do not agree with its values, in an attempt to take over the world.

'what better way to accomplish that goal? then to create an untraceable virus will A high kill percentage and unleash it on your enemies.

Its what i would do, if i was trying to take over the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Is it a looming pandemic - or is it a government conspiracy to reduce global population?

Like you I have been researching this subject (since Dec of 2002). I vote for the pandemic to occure naturally, since we are overdue for natures normal house cleaning and it would be damn hard to mutate interspecies influenza. I did notice that studies have identified major protien shifts in the H cleavage site. This mutation seems to allow for better H-to-H transmission with a lower mortailty rate (about 60%) This might not be good since we still are not sure of the incubation period, how long a vector can be infectious or other unknown factors....still a very nasty bug.

Funny...a virus is not really alive...needs a host to replicate.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It does seem odd that nothing seems to be getting done.

And considering the amount of resistance to doing anything to fight global warming, protect the environment, reduce overfishing, reduce dependence on oil ...

It makes one wonder if the 'cheap fix' is to let loose a virulent virus to handle the problem.

No doubt the 3 million doses of vaccine are reserved for those 'special' types the government wants to protect.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It makes one wonder if the 'cheap fix' is to let loose a virulent virus to handle the problem.

No doubt the 3 million doses of vaccine are reserved for those 'special' types the government wants to protect.

Unfornately, Tamiflu the above mentioned drug shows less effect with the newer H5N1 thats developing in China. This little beastie shows very strong resistance capabilities.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Having this thing get loose with even a 50% fatality rate would be absolutely catastrophic. What's that - a 50% fatality rate WITH hospitalization? Well, if 25% of the population gets it, as most would project in a pandemic, forget the hospitals. It's get well or die at home. How might that impact the ultimate fatality rates?

The US has roughly 300 Million citizens, 25% get sick which is 75 Million, and 50% of them die - we lose 37.5 Million Americans? The social disruption alone with that many people sick would be catastophic.

Quarantine would be a nightmare, especially with open borders. And I don't see any real way to close borders tightly enough to prevent infected people from coming in to get their vaccinations or medical care or what have you.

I don't know what plans the government could put in place to keep order in that kind of scenario.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Having this thing get loose with even a 50% fatality rate would be absolutely catastrophic.

Yep..pretty scary considering the infamous "Spanish Flu" of 1918 killed anywere between 20-50 million world wide and that only had a 3-7 % mortality rate.

I've seen projections that show worldwide infection taking only 3-4 weeks since we now have the ability to cross oceans in hours instead of weeks, which was the case in 1918.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I call it 'Armaggedon without the happy ending.' That seems to be a pretty accurate description if things go bad. You can stay in your house while it's rampant, but for how long? And with all the animals being infected and dying, what's left of the world when you emerge? Bugs would go TOTALLY out of control, and my true nightmare scenario is living with an overgrowth of cockroaches - in the millions, and nothing I could do!

It reminds me of all the scenarios people used to paint of what it would be like to survive a nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The U.S. government has done something about the threat. Bush has signed quarantine orders.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No Public Service Announcements to educate the public, but Gool provided some good ideas near the end of the thread on what they might do to protect the public.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Belgarath]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
One of the things they are doing is opening up a bunch more quarantine sites, as well. Check out the CDC web site and you'll see a bunch of new ones listed. That must just be for those infected who are in transit, since there's no way the camps could hold millions of people. And I think anyone who got put there would be very unlucky since I'm not sure they'd have great amenities for people who are sick, or to keep those who are sick from infecting those who were merely exposed.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorta of seems like King's novel "The Stand" were the PTB accidentally released a shifting antigen influenza that wiped out nearly 95% of humanity...Shutter.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, if you survive it, at least you'll be immune.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I posted awhile ago about how there was a news report on all the top doctors in Canada and all the top scientists were meeting in Toronto to talk about how when H5N1 hit it would wipe out 30% percent of Canadians and how they were going to do mass vaccinations at schools because of the risk of catching it at hospitals. Also they were talking about 1 in 2 health care workers would catch it.
Scary Shizznat....
Its messed when you think about how the US is buying Vaccines, same with England and parts of Europe and now Canada is getting the vaccines...what about China and the AIDs epidemic in Africa....

Is it a Race Issue or is that blowing it out of the water because look at the majority race for each country getting vaccines and if u look at China and Africa were there lossing population daily from these garbage virus's

Peace...

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Soul_Contagious]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One of the things about bird flu that really made an impression on me was watching one of the high muckety mucks at CDC in a TV interview - she looked scared when she talked about it, and she was hiding the fact that her hands were shaking.

If they're scared, I think we should be too. A little preparation is in order, I think.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Look one of the key elements of being King is population control. It’s always been there whether u need more people or less. We know global warming is real, we know peak oil is about to happen sometime soon. What does common sense tell you? There is your answer.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A thread on this already exists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The longer they cover it up, the more damage it will make. Once upon a time a single case of sars hit Canada, and Canada when on national state of emergency. People checking in at the airport where contained for months, as were a few other reported cases. Now that couple with mad cow disease really can cripple an economy. Trade is cash flow in.

but then again
Amercians are covering up, even going out of their way to cover up mad cow disease....

It wouldn't surprise me the least if China is covering up the bird flu epidemic. But when it hits, it will be devastating, since China has the worlds greatest population density.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Considering what China has been doing to control their population already, I wouldn't put it past them to engineer a bird flu to 'take care of the problem.'

Of course, they already have an out of control AIDS epidemic, but perhaps that wasn't a quick enough solution.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Considering what China has been doing to control their population already, I wouldn't put it past them to engineer a bird flu to 'take care of the problem.'

Of course, they already have an out of control AIDS epidemic, but perhaps that wasn't a quick enough solution.

I really doubt China is behind a virus like this. AIDS usually affects the scum of the population. I mean this in no disrespect but that is how homosexuals and drug users are looked at and even promiscuous people in general. They want them dead. Bird flu can infect anyone, the ones they don’t want dead like young engineers, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Lab accident?

I don't think it was created, but I do think some people might be covering things up. Don't want to panic the populace and all that.

Just looked at the most recent WHO stats for Vietnam, and it appears the death rate has gone down to 30 something percent. No explanation for the highly reduced death rates - just a big drop. Cover-up or viral mutation? Either way, it's not good news for us.

top topics

join