It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know ... Navy owns most haunted place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
by Dawn M. Frost
NAS PUBLIC WORKS ARCHITECTURAL HISTORIAN

Did you know that the Point Lookout Light Station is one of 25 light stations remaining on the Chesapeake Bay, and one of only a few remaining complexes with a buoy shed still standing? Originally built as a one-and-a-half story combined dwelling and signal light, the lighthouse was converted into a duplex in the late 1920s and remained active until 1965 guiding mariners around the point.

Soon after the construction of the lighthouse, which began operations Sept. 20, 1830, the area became a place for recreation and relaxation. This, however, only lasted until the Union erected a prisoner of war camp and military hospital nearby as people did not want to vacation near there anymore.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.dcmilitary.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
There are stories of haunted ships out here at puget sound naval shipyard.
I know alot of the workers and they constantly tell me the stories of the haunted carriers.
and the guys left sealed welded in bulkheads that they don't find until the ship is decom'ed

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I caught some show once (unsolved mysteries I think) about this place. The ghost activity has to do with seeing and hearing the prisoners.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I saw somthing about this on a show, the worlds scariest places, or something.
I thinki that a Japanese reporter tried to stay there for a night but it scared him so bad he only lasted half the night

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
There are stories of haunted ships out here at puget sound naval shipyard.
I know alot of the workers and they constantly tell me the stories of the haunted carriers.
and the guys left sealed welded in bulkheads that they don't find until the ship is decom'ed

do you have any more info on these people?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ghost hunting is very cool. I may have to go to this place sometime.

top topics

join