It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: George Bush Sr. Holds Up White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In a suburb outside of Houston, TX, a man wearing a George H.W. Bush mask robbed the White House supermarket before robbing two other stores last week. No one was injured in the robberies, though people did note the political irony.

www.foxnews.com
Rosenberg, Texas, police say a man wearing a George H.W. Bush mask held up the White House supermarket (search) and two other stores last week, according to local television reports.

The pistol-packing phony president made the White House grocery his first destination last Monday morning, according to KPRC-TV of Houston, before moving on to Fast Addy's convenience store about 15 minutes later.

The masked gunman was described as a Hispanic male, 5'9", between 200 and 250 pounds — considerably shorter and portlier than either the 6'4" ex-president or his son, the exceptionally fit current occupant of the real White House.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The political irony of this man's choice couldn't have been coincidence. The suspected motivation for the robbery is drugs, but one has to wonder if the mask and choice of venue to rob was not also meant to amuse or make a political statement on top of things.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.radiobs.net

[edit on 6-7-2005 by junglejake]

[edit on 6-7-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good post!

A little bit of light comedy is good nowdays!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with the occasional light hearted story. It's still news, just news that brings a chuckle. I love the irony!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The title is very misleading however......

This could belong in BTS...........not really a ATSNN post though....

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All the news companies have been having a hey day with that article's title. Fox News has "Bush Holds Up White House", a blog has "President Bush Robs White House", though Yahoo News isn't quite as much fun. The article titles got me to click, lemme tell ya!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That is hysterical!!

Wasn't there a movie where people in President masks robbed banks or something?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Point Break.

I can't see the first post, but I draw no conclusions from that as the intricacies of holding up the Whitehouse and ATSNN invisibility are beyond the scope of whatever this topic was.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
MA not sure why you can't see the original post... shows up for me.

Anyways here's the article it links to: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks Djarums.

I hope they get both Bush Sr and Bush Jr for grand theft and larceny, etc etc.

Down the page from the MaskedBush article you find this:

Woman Busted for Carrying Fish Under Skirt

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — There must have been something fishy about the way she walked.

Customs officials said Monday they stopped a woman as she arrived Friday in the southern Australian city of Melbourne on a flight from Singapore and found 51 live tropical fish allegedly hidden in a specially designed apron under her skirt.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I love the Out There segment of Fox News. They have some great, bizzare, and quite amusing news stories. It's kind of like the Darwin Awards of the news, in many cases, but without all that death. Just stupidity and bizzareness, like this Point Break spoof.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHA

And here I am thinking this was about politics!

Good one

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yuk. I think but I'll go with the majority on it except vote.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
"Exceptionally fit"? Man, I dunno about that...

Anyway, I think I could take George W. Bush, one-on-one.

Zip

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, that was the funniest thing I've read all day.

Kudos on a hilarious post.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I first thoguht of Point Breka also and the X-presidents robbing.

Gotta love the Irony of this event!

Sweet!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is priceless!!!

Our president listed on the same page as a jaywalking chicken and a lady carrying fish under her skirt!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I still prefer the Nixon mask for such things

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Nixon mask is as useful as a Bush mask in saying to people "Look at me. I am about to do something criminal, it's in keeping with everything I do."

Surely a Lincoln or Jefferson mask would carry more of a surprise element in the undertaking of nefarious pursuits.

Socially retarded son George W Bush Jr is exceptionally fit. This is evidenced in his interview on the golf course shown in Fahrenheit 911, and any time he is in company with a Segway or a pretzel.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In the Out There section now, there's a story about a homeless dude who started charging people $5 for parking in a free parking lot, human pac-man is coming to Chicago, some cop pulled over his own stolen car, etc. Funny stuff!

new topics

top topics

join