It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation Army refused Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
www.ksat.com...

I seem to recall that some people were fearful of exactly this sort of thing a couple years back when faith based inititives were in the news.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
BUT, The Salvation Army afterall is a Christian organization. They didn't refuse her at first, if you read the story, it was after they called everyone to bible study. And, she was told upon checking in that she would have to to bibe classes.

On the other hand, not very Christian-like to tell her she would have to leave for not attending the bible class.

It sort of boggles the mind: it's in a sense Jesus that is after all providing her shelter. If I am homeless and Islam was providing me shelter I might be inclined to understand what's behind the goodwill that is being provided to me, and attend such a class.

A Salvation Army official told KSAT 12 News that Bible study classes are not mandatory for people seeking emergency shelter and are investigating the incident.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
LOL! I can imagine how it would go in an Islamic country and she were a Christian. She'd have more to worry about were she to miss Koran class!!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Indeed, one does wonder what all the fuss is about: when last sent agents to investigate, the Sally Army were not exactly hiding their Christian nature.
was this personage some sort of trouble-maker?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"Mother Of 2 Blames Religious Beliefs For Ouster"
yes: hers.
I shouldn't have thought the All-Merciful and all-Compassionate was too happy about one of his chosen hobnobbing with the infidels, either.

top topics

join