It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is time really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
through my experience i've noticed that at times time can be experienced more or less quickly. I've also experienced time perception alteration from hallucinogenic drugs and it is profound how slowly or quickly time can be experienced when it is quch a static measurement, the earth rotates at the same speed all the time does it not? a second always takes a second, so why can time go faster and slower depending on if your doing something or if your on drugs. My theory is time is far more complex than the measurement with which we associate it, however i'm nto sure how to describe the complexity of the experience of time, any ideas??

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Time is movement. Or rather how we explain movement within the three visible dimentions. But time like everything else is relative. Within communication and other spiritual realms, time as we know it is not a factor, for time is connected to mass, and spirit doesn't have a mass, it is pure energy and works in strange ways that can give you the nugra on flat ground to say the least.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Heres a little insight into what makes time move more or less quickly.

Did you ever get it when you are young where time went really slowly? A day could take a long time to pass? But now being older days seem to be getting shorter?

This is because when you are younger your mind works incredibly fast. Within a minute a child could have thought about twice as much as an Adult could. This would cause the child to percieve time has gone quite slowly due to the how dense you can fill time with thoughts. With me so far? okay.

When you get older your mind doesn't work as fast as it used to, which is why days go much quicker due to less thoughts filling the time.

When you are having fun, you rarely have time to think about much which is why "Time flies when you are having fun!"

Now, Mind-altering drugs affect your ability to think properly, which is why it causes time to spped up and slow down. I don't need to go into much detail ere because what I have already stated can explain it for you.

Hope this clears some of this up.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Within communication and other spiritual realms, time as we know it is not a factor, for time is connected to mass, and spirit doesn't have a mass, it is pure energy and works in strange ways that can give you the nugra on flat ground to say the least.

Mikromarius, light is pure energy and is governed by time.

Time is simply a "force" that keeps everything from happening all at once.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Time is a lie created by man to control men,to get everyone on the same page to achieve a more efficient money making machine,or whatever it is the handlers are trying to create..whatever.
Check out the hebrew texts,before time measurement the stars were used as a guide,the moon,the sun.
Time was created to keep you looking at a machine to gauge when you are,instead of looking at something real.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Truly, you are unbalanced!
(I couldn't resist, your monicker set it up!)
God created time simply for us, other than us there is no need in it.

A second cannot always be the same length of time as it is relative. Remember when they took two clocks, kept one on earth and sent one in orbit? The one that came back was slower than the one that remained here.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
A second cannot always be the same length of time as it is relative. Remember when they took two clocks, kept one on earth and sent one in orbit? The one that came back was slower than the one that remained here.

Whats your point man?? ALL my clocks run different and ALL are on earth. Thats just the nature of clocks.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That was more todo with how speeds affect time. The closer to light speed you get the slower time runs.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
That was more todo with how speeds affect time. The closer to light speed you get the slower time runs.

Time will go just as fast, but your relative perseption of it will change. Time is just a way of measuring movement as I said before. About the clock in space: folly, the difference is due to gravity and how machines, like a clock, works differently in different environments like in low-gravity orbit vs. normal gravity on Earth.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Whats your point man?? ALL my clocks run different and ALL are on earth. Thats just the nature of clocks.

LOL! I knopw what you mean, none of my clocks has a time-match; you'd think at least two would be close to the same.
Mike, even Einstein said that if you travelled at the speed of light, you'd get to point B before you leave point A. Ever tried using that on a cop when he asks you why you were going so fast? Me either, but I will next time the opportunity arises!
BTW, you're saying that quartz time pieces are effected? Too bad as our space technology is highly dependant on computers nowadays.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Time is still just a measuring device created by man for some mysterious reason......

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think time is Just a big schedule book, or planner, for the Earth and all it's people. Time was made to make records, set dastes for things... It's nothing more than an organizational thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
From the C^2 component in E=mc^2 one can derive mathematically the response that Time is squared.

Time is a form of communication.

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It does not exist, time isnt real, neither is the word "time". All thought up by human consciousness.

It just one big unexplainable harmonious mess that we are born into.

we will never know the answers until they are discovered

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That is a good question, i allmost put that topic up for descussion. Time... time is irrevelant. In reality, there is no time. If you think about it you will realize that time changes nonstop. They say that light does not age. This is true; However, there are two different forms of time. Time as you and I know it, and "Space Time" We count by the second while space time doesnt. Einstein theorized that if one could travel at the speed of light that time would stand still.This is true. Time would stand still but space-time wouldnt. Space time is the speed that objects age in the universe. If you think about it, honey bees live for one Human day of time. For them, its a life time. Dongs only live 15 human years. If you notice, dogs also sleep more than humans do. For other creatures time is different. If you understand time, more advancements will be made. To you and me time is 24 hrs a day 365 days a year, Dogs live a full life. If we could get on dog time, our lives would only be 15 calender years or so long. If yall have questions ask me i will try to answer, but this is a very difficult theory to explain, i need more time to refine it.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Time is an unexplainable Medium which all matter travels through.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Heres a little insight into what makes time move more or less quickly.

Did you ever get it when you are young where time went really slowly? A day could take a long time to pass? But now being older days seem to be getting shorter?

This is because when you are younger your mind works incredibly fast. Within a minute a child could have thought about twice as much as an Adult could. This would cause the child to percieve time has gone quite slowly due to the how dense you can fill time with thoughts. With me so far? okay.

When you get older your mind doesn't work as fast as it used to, which is why days go much quicker due to less thoughts filling the time.

When you are having fun, you rarely have time to think about much which is why "Time flies when you are having fun!"

Now, Mind-altering drugs affect your ability to think properly, which is why it causes time to spped up and slow down. I don't need to go into much detail ere because what I have already stated can explain it for you.

Hope this clears some of this up.

-Ike

And here I thought it was because as we got older we have less time so it speeds up.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Time is something created by man to gauge the unexplainable phenomenon which all matter exists in on a transitory basis,mathematics and the sciences were created for the same purpose,you see,everything was created,there was no need for explanation,this is the complicated confusing mess you humans have created out of your thirst for knowledge,this is what the scriptures are speaking of,this is what is wrong with your world.It was perfect to start with,but that was not good enough,curiosity kills.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Nice stab, but it doesn't answer the question. This would not explain why some days last longer than others, when you're at the same age....

Though, it gets closer. Time is perception. Time only exists in the universe as a matter of our perception. If we have more to do in a day, time will "seem" faster. When less, it will "seem" slower. Test it yourself. Watch a clock move, for 5 minutes. Now, watch tv for 5 minutes. Which "seemed" faster?

Time simply, is a measurement of matter's movement/changes through/in space. In order for the "manufactured" idea of time to apply, you must have a reference point (origin), and an ending point (destination or end). Without these two concepts, time cannot be used (i.e. doesn't exist). This origin and end is essential to Relativity. Nature however, tends to work in cycles (stars collapse, reform, collapse, etc. creatures die, decompose, give rise to new life, etc.), so you can start to see how "artificial" this origin and end is....

everything was created,there was no need for explanation,this is the complicated confusing mess you humans have created out of your thirst for knowledge,this is what the scriptures are speaking of,this is what is wrong with your world.It was perfect to start with,but that was not good enough,curiosity kills.

No need for explaination? Just blind acceptance of what someone "claims" existance to be, and without proof? No thanks. The world is perfect enough still to this day. It is our understanding of it (including the equally human creation of a "god" concept), that remains imperfect, and a flawed perception.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does explaining,describing or labeling or measuring,change things somehow?.No.
So what are the point of all of these meaningless distractions if they only serve to DISTRACT you from realising what or who you are?.

Life is really quite simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join