It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will the xm8 replace the m4/m16?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
the xm8 a modular weapon system that can changed to compact, carbine (w/ available grenade launcher),sharpshooter, and automatic rifle variants.

will it replace the m16?

another issue i'd like to bring up is should the 5.56mm NATO round(.223 remington) be replaced by the 6.8mm remington?what's your opinion?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
just to add something i forgot to say, the xm8 has no electronics i've heard many people say it does but the gun thathas the electronics is M29 OICW, while that is where the xm8 originated it is not the xm8.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc42
the xm8 a modular weapon system that can changed to compact, carbine (w/ available grenade launcher),sharpshooter, and automatic rifle variants.

will it replace the m16?

another issue i'd like to bring up is should the 5.56mm NATO round(.223 remington) be replaced by the 6.8mm remington?what's your opinion?

While I'm sure there are times when the various participants would just love to utilize any and all aforementioned weaponry during some of the more heated discussions, the Secret Societies Forum is probably not the appropriate venue for such a dilemma.

That being said, Mirthful is a dyed in the wool Heckler & Koch 7.62 NATO monkey… err… man.

G1 Monkeys, not just for ending arguments anymore…

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc42

will it replace the m16?

I hope it does cos the m16 is crap, its too old an unreliable.

i also think 5.56mm is the best cal for assault rifles with a high rate (600rpm+) plus its NATO rounds so u can swap em with ur buddies STEYR or LMG

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The M-16 is not crap. You take care of it and it will shoot forever.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This has endlessly been debated, though... Yeah, the US Army has more or less decided to take the XM-8 as their next weapon, and a H&K factory has even been implemented in the US for this purpose only. All this whilst the Marine corps just enters in service the M16A4...

So one will not replace the other, but both will be used at the same time

top topics

join