It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the UN's lapdog assasins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Are we just the UN's Big Gun? I think we are What is your view on it?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I suppose that you have some justification for your opinion..."I think we are". Would you care to elaborate a bit? This is a "discussion forum" but you have very little to start with.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
it seems that we are doing the UN's dirty work thats all.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Any examples of the dirty work the US is doing for the UN?

You're not giving much to go on here.

You should also consider the American attitude toward the UN (given past scandals) when thinking about your position.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What a half-baked notion.

It seems like the complete opposite to me. It seems the UN is the United State's lapdog and not vise-versa.

The US advances its unilateral foreign policy with blatant disregard for international law but uses the UN to perpetuate a facade of multilateralism
(ie. "we sought security council approval prior to Op. 'Iraqi Freedom' but no one listened to us...so we'll just go it alone, no wait, we have a 'coalition of the willing')

...yeah ok

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenopathic_Investigator
it seems that we are doing the UN's dirty work thats all.

Like what?
Has the US ever participated in any military action that they themselves did not vote for?
Did they even paticipate in any military action that they did not propose to the UN themselves?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As said, if anything, the UN is driven by the US. A veto nation that consistantly provides the majority of its military power and muscle around the globe. We broke their rules by invading Iraq and what happened? Who is whose lapdog?

new topics

top topics

join