It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Honor among thieves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Simply a guilty verdict for Saddam, as it should rightly be.

seekerof

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Seekerof]

I think it's important for all, and something that should be done to enact justice for those dead, that we hear how Saddam was armed so that he could kill.

We should, as part of justice for those dead, hear about who gave him those weapons, and who supported him financially.

Prepared for the truth? Because the truth might hurt if you are from the west.

Indeed, it will hurt and anger full stop, regardless where you are from.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Let it not be forgotten, Iran ALSO gassed Iraq.

Saddam acquired his chem/bio arsenal from western nations. Those who supplied him, shall one day, be it here or in eternity, share in his wretched fate. As it should be.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am confident that with or without chemical weapons that were supplied Saddam would still have attempted to carry out a genocide of the Kurds.

It was done in Rwanda with machetes and clubs...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
I am confident that with or without chemical weapons that were supplied Saddam would still have attempted to carry out a genocide of the Kurds.

And every other group of humans down through history have been equally barbaric. The only difference is they didn't have the world's greatest media machine telling people day after day after day what a horrible rotten monster they were. Ya gotta love humanity.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Let it not be forgotten, Iran ALSO gassed Iraq.

Indeed, so then we have to ask also:

Where did Iran get their weapons and gas from?

The Contra-Iran scandal was one source for weapons...

1 million died in the Iran-Iraq War. At the very least it was 800,000.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

It was made all the easier for Saddam to kill so many people by being given gas and being constantly supported financially and in weaponry.

Without it, would he have killed so many?

Like Saddam said when he gassed the Iranians...

"Like spraying flies"

Would he, as a friend of the US in the Middle East, declared war on Iran, if he was not a friend of the US at the time, a time coming so soon after the Iranian revolution and the American hostage crisis?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Would he, as a friend of the US in the Middle East, declared war on Iran, if he was not a friend of the US at the time, a time coming so soon after the Iranian revolution and the American hostage crisis?

Iran and Iraq have been "traditional" enemies for many years. The Iranians military folks that I knew in the early 70s considered the Iraqi people to be totally subhuman.

It is too easy to try and quantify a few actions as the cause of any war/evil act. There are far too many causitive agents to blame it on America, England, Europe, or any other small hand full of etiological influences.

Some of you folks are being silly and simply parroting things you've heard in a limited exposure to try and further your own agendas.

Most of you need to have a much larger overview of a much larger picture before you roll out some of the inanity I've read here.

Do I have a larger picture? No! However, I do have enough sense to know that what little I know pf that time is not enough to sit here and try and create anti/pro this or that. There were many hands in the mix that led to the Iran vs Iraq war. Other than that, some of the stuff I see posted here is just so much limited vision/limited knowledge bull-dada.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Saddam was captured on December 13, 2003. Nearly 2000 of our best & bravest men/women are no longer with us, never to enjoy the meals & comforts Saddam and his top Baathists enjoy daily while in US custody. After 18 months of feeding & providing shelter for these mass murderers while our soldiers fall victim daily to IEDs/ambushes/snipers-young lives cut tragically short, doesn't families of the fallen and America in general deserve to see the fruits of their sacrifices culminate in convictions & executions of these long-lived creeps & their documented atrocities expedited a little faster than this? Each dawning day that our courageous 20+ year olds sacrifice their short lives while these tyrannical fossilites live on is beyond reprehensible. Justice delayed is justice denied, no past secrets Saddam may allege in testimony can ever outweigh the young American lives lost in this continuing conflict. If there was any truth to the imminent threat this regime presented, Saddam and his guard would of been maggot-infested buzzard carrion by now.

Is the U.S. hiding secrets about Saddam?
Iraq's justice minister says it seems that way

AP: BRUSSELS, Belgium - Iraqi’s justice minister said Tuesday that U.S. officials are trying to delay interrogations of Saddam Hussein.

Justice Minister Abdel Hussein Shandal, in Brussels for an international conference on Iraq, also accused the United States of concealing information about the ousted Iraqi leader.

“It seems there are lots of secrets they want to hide,” he told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview.

“There should be transparency and there should be frankness, but there are secrets that if revealed, won’t be in the interest of many countries,” he said. “Who was helping Saddam all those years?”

American officials have privately urged caution about rushing into a trial, saying the Iraqis need to develop a solid judicial system. They also worry it could interfere with the important constitution writing process and inflame sectarian tensions.

No trial date has been set for Saddam or any of the other former regime officials being held in custody.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join