It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US State of Delaware: Tax Haven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was speaking to a lawyer friend of mine, who was basically telling me how to avoid income tax (OOOPS! Shouldn't have said that!) when he told me that Delaware is a tax haven. i got thinking on this and i came up with a question:

does anyone here know if there is a globally important financial institute based in delaware? something perhaps linked with international banking?

I am leaving for the weekend so i cant hang around to see any responses, i'll have to see them on monday, but if any one can offer up any info then please do

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can't speak on the banking issue, but I can assure you that there are a number of large corporationg that incorporated in the state of Delaware...I guess you just answer for me the question: why?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i kinda figured that would be the case. do you happen to know what the names of those firms are? i have a hunch; maybe there are corporations there that are connected to several nefarious 'Foundations' (rockerfella, for example)

right now i am going see you later

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
yeah, I know one for sure...but since I work for it...I aint saying. Hope you understand! But also, Verizon, AT&T are a couple of biggies.

From the Delaware Division of Corporations:

The State of Delaware is a leading domicile for U.S. and international corporations. More than half a million business entities have made Delaware their legal home including 300,000 corporations and 200,000 limited liability companies and partnerships. More that 50% of all publicly-traded companies in the United States including 58% of the Fortune 500 have chosen Delaware as their legal home.

www.state.de.us...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
www.digiprovider.com...
DE Corporate Tax info.

You can "order" an DE Incorporation or LLC online!
www.delawarecorp.com...

Over 300,000 companies are incorporated in DE.

60% of Fortune 500 companies and 50% of companies listed on the NYSE are incorporated in DE.
www.corpomax.com...

Here are some of the companies I could find doing a quick Google search: (trying to group them together by type)
Chase, Citibank, MBNA, First USA, Bank One, Wells Fargo, ING, Aetna, Nationsbank/Bank of America, PaineWebber.
Perdue Farms, Tyson Foods, ConAgra, McDonalds, Hormel, Nestle.
Dupont, Enron, Halliburton.
Texaco, Shell, Phillips Petroleum, Hercules
Ford, GM
Dow Chemical, Monsanto, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca and Pfizer
Federated Department Stores (Bloomingdale's, Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus and Rich's-Macy's)
NASDAQ.
Gateway, Yahoo, HP, Amazon.com, Salon.com
Bell Atlantic, Verizon

And there should be a few hundred thousand more out there...

-B.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
thanks for you help. and i understand if you cant name certain firms. but my hunch was correct many of the firms mentioned are suspected of being involved with bilderbergers and CFR/tri lat interests.

so my question is did they force delaware to become a tax haven so they could turn the place into a giant piggy bank?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm just a 30 minute drive from Delaware and I must say that no sales tax is quite nice. I know alot of people who do their christmas shopping there.(not me of course
) Our state sales tax here in NJ is 6% so if you spend $1000, you save $60.

I wouldn't drive there to buy a toaster but think of the money you'd save on a brand new car.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I can tell you that every US educational "group" that's crooked that I've ever come across is based in Delaware: Wilmington De ( not NC although they may try to make foreigners believe it) is a firm favourite.

join