It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling death in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've mentioned in the past about my vivid dreams, but i've had my second dream of being murdered. Now what marks both of these as being different to my other dreams is that they are not as vivid, detailed nor as long. The first one was being in an alleyway, with a bearded man over me, takes a knife, says "i've got to do this", slits my throat, and then I drift out of conciousness. It was only this vision that I had, from a first person perspective, being a bit hazy. I then wake up from sleep ever so grateful that i'm still alive.

The one I had recently was being held by two male teenagers of african origin, once again, produced a knife, but this time they cut from the front, sort of stabbing my neck, ripping my trachea (i actually felt the blood spurt up onto my chin and heard the gurgling of the air rushing out through the blood). Now that is what disturbed me. I then knew I was dying, hundreds of thoughts raced through my head and panic set in, upset that I wouldn't see certain people, and that I couldn't say goodbye. Thankfully, I blacked out and the pain was gone.

This dream I would never wish for anyone else to experience. Truly painful, both emotionally and physically, I dididn't feel anythign on my neck when I woke up or slept with a blanket around my neck.

Now i'm not saying anything about these being 'visions' or psychic events. I'm just disturbed that my mind could produce such feelings and sights, when I haven't experienced them before. So maybe they are some kind of vision, I just thought I'd share with you all, maybe some of you have expereinced the same, no story to a dream, just experiencing the last moments of someone else's life.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Once I dreamt that I saw an atomic bomb detonate, and a wall of flame burst through the house in front of me, instantly vaporizing it and then incinerating me. It was so sudden that I felt no pain, and barely had time to think, 'oh s....'

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You know you may be living in your dreams the final moments of victims of violent crime.

Perhaps you are sensitive of so much violence around.

You will have to learn to tune off this or it may get worst, maybe you need to avoid violent movies or reading about violent acts.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well one time when i was real young i had a dream where i was shot. i was walking down the street and some person in a black hood just pulled out a gun and from close range just shot one bullet and kept on walking. I remember that i felt a sharp, quick pain in my stomach, but it quickly went away, but then it became hard to breathe. So i dropped to the floor curled up to my right side and watched the person walk off. I didnt scream or anything, i didnt even hear the bullet. It was all silent, and everything started to fade to black. It was dark for a few seconds and i was thinking "what the hell happen" and "where the hell am i?" Then i woke up and i was out of breath. I was checking my chest and everything makin sure i was alive. Dam but that was pretty scary, cus it felt so goddam real. I dont really remember the place, but it was like a feild of grass to my right side that was like not really taken care of, like kinda thinly spread. I also remember an orange building towards the location i was walking. I also remember a lot of fences, so im thinking it was a ghetto, close to the projects. Well i dont know, it was crazy.

pao

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Once I dreamt that I saw an atomic bomb detonate, and a wall of flame burst through the house in front of me, instantly vaporizing it and then incinerating me. It was so sudden that I felt no pain, and barely had time to think, 'oh s....'

ive had the same dream.... i saw the explosion getting closer and closer and i just thought....... well f--

then i woke up..

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I've had a dream of getting shot in the rear left shoulder blade several times, by a gang of kids who are running past me. In the dream I kneel down and cover my head against my will, like my body is a puppet, and then I feel the shots entering my back. It's so wierd to actually feel the bullets passing through...

I also have drowning dreams..falling (splat) dreams..had a dream once where I was eaten by a snake, that was pretty wierd...

I had several dreams when I was a kid about being killed by pirates, run through with swords, eaten by werewolves.

In fact, if I'm not dreaming about sex, I'm dreaming about death.

If only I had health insurance I'd be a psychotherapist's wet dream.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Sometimes death in dreams can symbolize a change in you, a rebirth. Out with the old and in with the new. Something that has been overpowering you might come to pass. The knife is a phallic symbol and has some sexual undertones. In your case I don't think it applies. The knife cutting your throat might symbolize you ability to communicate. The old man said he "had to do it". Maybe your subconscious is trying to push you along. As for the two black people stabbing you, a lot of time we are influenced by our stereotypes we have about people. But both times you were stabbed in the throat. I would try to look for people in your waking life that you have talked about. Maybe your relationships with them are going to change. Of course as always this is just all my opnion

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The death as change interpretation is solid, I've heard the same thing from at least three others in relation to my dreams.

Change is the name of my game, so it would make perfect sense I'd dream along the same lines...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
*cough* dreams of past lives *cough*

new topics

top topics

join