It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AA: a secret society to protect “The Secret”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
While surfing some historical mysterious subjects that I have interests in, I stumbled upon an interesting webpage regarding an aparently very old 'secret society' called the 'AA'.
Aparently this exclusive 'club' was an elite division of a a society called the 'AGLA' that was active in France.

From the website: www.perillos.com...

There was a “movement” named AGLA, about which we know very little. As a secret society, it maintained its nature very well. On first appearance, it seems they were an underground movement that was not very active. However, this is a dubious statement to make: as they were little known, bluntly suggesting they were not very active is dangerous, owing to the fact that we do not know anything about them, which means we know nothing about their activities or frequency thereof either.
Robert Ambelain defines AGLA as an autonomous society and firmly closed. He suggests that rather than a subgroup, they were in fact the group behind a more visible organisation, like for example, the organisation led by another priest, Nicholas Montfaucon de Villars, author of “Count de Gabelis”, subtitled “The Extravagant Mysteries of the Cabalists, expounded in Five pleasant Discourses on the Secret Societies.” The book which appeared in 1670, was a treatise on the occult and elemental sex magic, assuring its ban in France, even though it sold out several editions in the first few months. Nevertheless, it had no known author, until Montfaucon’s name was advanced. He was a well-known figure, a “Libertin”, an intellectual whose ideas were deemed dangerous both for the church and the king. In March 1673, De Villars was murdered by a rifle bullet, near Lyons. His murder was never solved, but René Nelli believes that Montfaucon de Villars had been assassinated, possibly because in his book, he had revealed “too much”. Villars wrote on the topic of “the great name of AGLA, which operates all these wonders, at the same time as it is called upon by the ignoramuses and the sinners, and who would do many more miracles in a Kabbalistic fashion”. MORE...

Interesting article on the website www.perillos.com... ...just wanted to share. Anyone have any further info about the 'AA'??
T.S.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Interesting find, I'll have to go back and read it through later when I have more time.

join