It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The supernatural stone lifting miracle of Shivpuri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi all. Just got back from a trip to India and wanted to know what you thought of this.

I visited a Durgah [mausoleum] just outside a village called Shivpuri in the state of Maharashtra, Western India, where i was told a miracle takes place. The Durgah contains the body of a Muslim saint called Kamarali Darvesh who was put to rest there around the 13th century.

I was told that when 11 men place their index finger on a stone outside in the courtyard of the durgah and said the saints name Kamarali Darvesh at the same time in an escalating tone, the spirit of the saint lifts the stone into the air. This is what i saw.

I know what your thinking cause i thought the same thing and i did try the stones weight, i would say judging by cement bags
which i am familiar with, the weight was roughly around 2 bags of cement [50kgs] maybe a bit less. I can also tell you the men placed their fingers under the stone. And i did here the word lift mumbled somewhere along my journey there.

But the Muslim men who take part in the miracle are adamant it is the spirit of the saint that lifts the stone. I was told by my friend who also took part, that the stone when in motion, feels light.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What, not even a skeptic to refute this so called miracle, no one want to calculate the distributed weight on each mans finger, not even someone to mention they only count 10 men not 11?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well i contacted my friend back in India to question him on the number of men and he told me that it could be any number between 9 and 11. Now i don’t think this has anything to do with sept 11 as it’s an old mausoleum and the miracle has been happening for years [if it is truly a miracle].

Also i just wanted to add a strange anomaly i found in the pictures i took. The woman in the photo below was not there when i took the photo. 2 people have backed this up after i questioned them, as they were there when i took it.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That is very interesting...nice find

Thats kind of similar to the way a ouija board works; people channeling energy through their fingers where spirits guide the energy.

I suspect the same principle is at work here.

I appreciate the time you took to post this. Thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
I was told that when 11 men place their index finger on a stone outside in the courtyard of the durgah and said the saints name Kamarali Darvesh at the same time in an escalating tone, the spirit of the saint lifts the stone into the air.

Reminds of something I read about a while ago. I forgot what it was called, but t was some sort of old slumber party trick where somebody would sit on top of a chair and 4 people would each put one finger on each of the different bottom corners of the chair. They would then chant something about the chair being lighter and lighter, and then they would actually be able to lift the chair up effortlessly. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, feel free to elaborate. This could be the same type of phenomenon you are describing.
Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haliberd
That is very interesting...nice find

Thats kind of similar to the way a ouija board works; people channeling energy through their fingers where spirits guide the energy.

I suspect the same principle is at work here.

I appreciate the time you took to post this. Thanks

Your welcome. When my friend told me about it i immediately thought of ats.

Im still in two minds though as to whether they were lifting it with there combined force. If i ever go back, which is a possibility, im going to try it myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Reminiscent of 'Light as a finger stiff as a board'.........
Where a group of people lift one prone person with just a fingertip....like the afore mentioned chair trick. Same kind of thing.....group hypnosis? The power of the mind when en mass?

I do not know how or why it works, but it DOES work.

This stone lifting is very interesting indeed!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting story and pics there Kode, thanks. We used to play the game River talked about all the time and trust me it does work. I believe it's just the weight distributed more evenly but who knows for sure. Now, what the hell is up with that second pic and the lady. I think I would be a little more concerned with that than a floating stone.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The woman in pic, im not sure what to make of it either, but im sure as the people i was with she wasn’t there when i took the shot. I've checked through some of the other pictures i took to see if i could spot her somewhere else, but no luck. I find it quite eerie.

AlienS, theRiverGoddess thanks, i remember seeing some old Victorian pictures of something like your describing with the chairs.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Great pictures! Yes, I've heard of this before (their fingers are under the stone, yes?) but it's still pretty mystifying when you see it.

I would have loved to see some video of this!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Great pictures! Yes, I've heard of this before (their fingers are under the stone, yes?) but it's still pretty mystifying when you see it.

I would have loved to see some video of this!

Yes, the index finger is under the stone.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We used to play that "Light as a feather, stiff as a board" game. It does work. I have been the person levitated before. I have been one of the ones on the sides

Can't explain it, but it does work!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi Byrd

Sorry if i sounded a bit abrupt in my last post. I do have some video and have managed to upload it on my site but its 8.72MB! I did a low quality save on it also which is 537KB but its not very clear.

Stone Lifting Miracle Movie 8.72MB [right click link--- save target--- choose folder--- save]

Stone Lifting Miracle Movie 537KB [right click link--- save target--- choose folder--- save]

I put the right click info in there just in case anyone was not sure how to download it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Light as a feather, stiff as a board" and the rock trick both have a rational explanation. It is distribution of weight.

For instance try the Feather game with three people: one floater and two people on the sides to lift. It wont work, the lifters fingers would not be able to hold one person, but if you get four or more people on the sides the weight distributes evenly on all the peoples fingers and thus the person feels light.
A better example is if you walk out on your driveway with bare feet and step on a pebble it hurts like crap right? Well if you walk on an all gravel driveway it doesn't hurt because your weight is distributed among the many pebbles.
Hope that helped a little!

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Xayden]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Does anyone know how that"light as a feather stiff as a board"works i have tried it and it has always worked.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I explained it above your post. Distribution of weight.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Well i contacted my friend back in India to question him on the number of men and he told me that it could be any number between 9 and 11. Now i don’t think this has anything to do with sept 11 as it’s an old mausoleum and the miracle has been happening for years [if it is truly a miracle].

Also i just wanted to add a strange anomaly i found in the pictures i took. The woman in the photo below was not there when i took the photo. 2 people have backed this up after i questioned them, as they were there when i took it.

Just curious here;

If the woman wasn't there when you took the picture; what exactly were you taking a picture of? With or without the woman the scene seems a bit uninteresting for a photo.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
Just curious here;

If the woman wasn't there when you took the picture; what exactly were you taking a picture of? With or without the woman the scene seems a bit uninteresting for a photo.

It was a picture of the entrance to the durgh, simply a picture of a doorway.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The shadows in the picture conflict. If you look at the crooked sign or whatever it is on the right column, it seems to indicate the sun is high up---such as around mid-day. But the shadows being cast by the columns and the woman indicate the sun is relatively low on the horizon. One of your "witnesses" might be playing a joke on you.

top topics

join