It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do Charlatan's become Disinformation Agents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I mean these guys must be gold for the government - they don't even have to pay them to spread their lies and mis-info.

Guys like:

David Icke
Profit Yahweh
Bob Lazar

etc., etc., etc.

Seems we have a real problem in the fringe sciences because their is such a solid monetary motive to mislead the people of the world.

Its just like spam - if people didn't click on it - it would eventually just go away!

(Also don't try to hit the moving target in a banner ad - sheesh!)

I think the Black Ops groups just sit back and laugh and laugh and laugh and how gullible we all are...

One day the UFOlogy field is going to have to evolve beyond this sideshow, freak of the week, mentality - or else we are doomed to forever go in circles while our masters slowly bleed us dry.

Maybe people no longer can distinguish between science and entertainment - but I hope that I will live to see UFOlogy mature into a respectable, and scholarly field.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Maybe people no longer can distinguish between science and entertainment - but I hope that I will live to see UFOlogy mature into a respectable, and scholarly field.

All about the Press...

Which makes a better story?

1. A guy saying he can call down UFOs.

OR

2. A bunch of documents, testimonials showing that the Air Force explanation for an event over 50 years ago, is completely bogus.

They'll go for the whackos every time...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't know if there're UFOs or Spaceship Guys, although I think the the real researchers and Serious Guys (like Mr. Gazrok) make some good points.

But the thing that keeps serious UFO research stuck in "whack-burg" land is that a lot of UFO believers also believe breathlesly in the verity of the "chem-trail" hoax and the David Icke and his Magic Lizards hoax and the Zecheriah Sitchin Sumerian Spaceship hoax and all the Free Energy and Perpetual Motion hoaxes and the secret Nazi base underground at Antarctica hoax -- and all the rest.

And the mainstream media, of course, like my colleague Mr. Gazrok says, will jump on the silly-season stuff.

Again, I don't know whether there have been visitations by Spaceship Guys, but as long as the nutbars get all the media attention, we'll probably never find out.

And that is a real tragedy.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was gone for only one week and I come back to find this!!! LOL!!!

Ive been laughing hysterically for hours!!

It doesnt matter if Yahweh can really summon ufos or not; the whole situation is getting incredibly hilarious!!!

it does seem real hoaxy tho

edit : after looking at ProphetYahweh.com ... i havent laughed this hard in a long long time

*if in the .00001% chance this guy is for real; i will recognize the possibility however small

[edit on 3-6-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

To me, I think the line is crossed when someone knows what they are telling people is false. For example, if I tell you that my pet cat is an alien from Jupiter, and I honestly believe that, I'm not spreading disinformation, even though it's completely untrue. If all the knowledge I have points to that conclusion, then it is reasonable for me to say that.

I think the line is also crossed when people don't do any research in an area, and then claim ridiculous stories. Using the same example, if I become convinced my cat is an alien, but I don't bother investigating my theory scientifically, such as with DNA tests (is it a normal cat?), hidden cameras (might catch it shapeshifting into a lizard, or the queen, lol), then I am also spreading disinformation.

but I hope that I will live to see UFOlogy mature into a respectable, and scholarly field.

Me too. I doubt I will, though, and I'm only 23.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
May I offer a challenge from "wack-burg" land. Read "Enter the Valley" by Chris O'Brien. Go hang out in the San Luis Valley in So. Colorado for a while then come back and dump on the UFO whackos. I went up there skeptical as hell and came back to NM a little more open minded! I know it"s comfortable to sit with your monitors, keyboards and mouses and feel superior in your cynical little world. Do some real research, GO OUTSIDE!

new topics

top topics

join