It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Ugandans to go to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The plot thickens.

10,000 Ugandans are to be recruited to work in Iraq as security guards. We learn that the recruitment effort has been approved by the US State Department. This endeavour is to be organised by World Wide Special Operations , who work with multinationals and governments to provide mercenaries where needed.. The local law firm doing the recruiting for WWSO has emphasised that the youths will not be in “combat” roles but “guard” duties, and some secretarial work. Of course they are!!! Lets face it, who cares if some poor Ugandan gets shot and killed. Mr Bush doesn't have to explain and justify these deaths.

Local Ugandian MP Aggrey Awori described the exercise as “tragic”, asking: “How do you provide only guard services in a country like Iraq? These people will shoot back when shot at.” Iraq has an unemployment rate of 75%.

allafrica.com...

[edit on 3/6/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
You must have missed these mentions, as well?

But Kasango denied the Ugandans would work as combat personnel.

"No single Ugandans is going to manage roadblocks. They are going to be involved in non-combatant security. They may be at banks and at airports checking bags. Some are going to be trained in computing as they will be entering data.

Others will be trained as motor vehicle mechanics and others will do secretarial work," he said.

Now IF what is asserted is true, then there should be no combat related deaths of those Ugandians for Bush to not have to explain, correct?
So your real point is what?

What also goes blantantly unmentioned in the article you linked, is that apparently, the Iraqi government has approved of this, as well.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well, to Bush's credit i guess, he's doing all he can to push back the draft until as late as possible into his second term for when he has even less reason to answer to the people.

I'm sure we'll see a lot more third world countries being thrown into the fire with promises of forgotten debts and free trade etc.

Should we be surprised that Uganda gets $300 million annually from the World Bank and that Bush recently made Wolfowitz the head of that bank?

Do you think Uganda just offered to send 10,000 people to Iraq or do you think just maybe that MONEY was the motivation.... or lack of, if they don't contribute??

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Cheap cannonfodder from the third world - the poorest of the poor put their life on the line for saving Bush's face. What could be more perverted ?

The UK just cut it's developement aid for Uganda, because of widespread abuse by US-trained Ugandean "governemental agencies". Of course, the state department immediately saw a power vacuum, and recruited some willing executioners.

Ugandan security agencies have been implicated in torture and illegal detention of suspects, including suspected LRA rebels and their sympathisers. Methods of torture include suspending suspects tied 'kandoya' (tying hands and feet behind the victim) from the ceiling, severe beating and kicking, and attaching electric wires to the male genitals.

On 14 June [2003] [Violent Crime Crack Unit] officers arrested Nsangi Murisidi, aged 29, on suspicion that he had facilitated friends to commit robbery and for alleged possession of a gun. Relatives tried in vain to visit him in detention. On 18 June the lawyer representing the family received confirmation of his death in custody while at the VCCU headquarters at Kireka, a suburb of Kampala. The death certificate established the cause of death as extensive loss of fluid and blood, severe bleeding in the brain and extensive deep burns on the buttocks. The body also bore 14 deep wounds. In October the Minister of Internal Affairs informed AI that an inquiry had been ordered, but no progress was subsequently reported. Source: Amnesty International Annual Report 2004 (web.amnesty.org...)

Government agencies accused of torture include the UPDF's Chieftancy of Military Intelligence (CMI), the Internal Security Organisation (ISO), the Violent Crime Crack Unit (VCCU) and ad hoc agencies such as the Joint Anti-Terrorist Task Force (JATF.) In October the Uganda Human Rights Commission (UHRC) found that torture continued to be a widespread practice amongst security organizations in Uganda.

(from wikipedia.org)

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Moretti]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You must have missed these mentions, as well?

But Kasango denied the Ugandans would work as combat personnel.

"No single Ugandans is going to manage roadblocks. They are going to be involved in non-combatant security. They may be at banks and at airports checking bags. Some are going to be trained in computing as they will be entering data.

Others will be trained as motor vehicle mechanics and others will do secretarial work," he said.

Now IF what is asserted is true, then there should be no combat related deaths of those Ugandians for Bush to not have to explain, correct?
So your real point is what?

What also goes blantantly unmentioned in the article you linked, is that apparently, the Iraqi government has approved of this, as well.

My point is, that these people are easily expendable. Do you honestly believe they will employed in 'the easy' option jobs? I certainly don't. If what has been suggested and that is that Iraqi unemployment rate is so high why on earth would you need to bring in 10,000 people from a 3rd world country. A country that is 'owned' by foreign governments.

As to the comment about the Iraqi government approving this, do you really believe they have a choice? Of course they don't.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How much are they getting paid for serving as bomb buffers ? How much is the Ugandean president receiving ?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti
How much are they getting paid for serving as bomb buffers ? How much is the Ugandean president receiving ?

I think those are good questions, really.

The Ugandans aren't real stakeholders in Iraq, and the whole thing doesn't make sense except perhaps in the sense that the Ugandans want desperately to have some cash flow and Bush was willing to pay them. We don't know if these will be well-trained guards or just poor recruits who were snapped up and shipped out.

Given Uganda's track record of human rights violations, I don't see this as a solution -- I see it as a new nightmare for the people of Iraq:
web.amnesty.org...

Oh yeah... in other news today, I hear the Iraquis will start getting credit cards (everybody pause and count up their own credit card debts and imagine what it would look like to try and pay them off if you only made $1,000 per year.) Just what they needed... right?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofThey may be at banks and at airports checking bags. Some are going to be trained in computing as they will be entering data.

If that were true, I'm sure that would not go over well at all with the Iraqi population. Can you imagine importing labor into a country which already has massive unemployment to do jobs like checking in bags at airports and entering data into compters? Why the hell would you do that?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
awww im glad ya care about these "mercenaries" it shows how much compassion u guys have.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
With over 3-million people starving in Uganda I suspect the poor souls that have put their hands up to go to Iraq, may perhaps see this as a way to feed their families at home. Any money is better than no money.

What will be President of Uganda receive? If his past record is any indication millions thanks to Mr Bush and big business.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
10,000 Ugandans entering into the Iraqi conflict, unarmed, acting in any capacity contrary to the desires of Islamic insurgents.... will simply be another potential 10,000 heads rolling in the streets of Baghdad.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is really baffling why would ugandans be needed, im sure there are plenty of iraqis who are willing to take up these 'non-combat' positions.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I concur. I guess something needed to be done about the horrifying images of "the guy next door" white people having their heads sawn off. Too confronting for the Freds and Mildreds fixed to leather recliners molded perfectly to their arses while watching the news before dinner. What better way to alleviate the fears of middle (insert western coalition country) than to increase the chances that it's a brown person who gets their noggin removed, eh? I mean, these people are used to that kind of thing, arn't they? It's like a daily event over there, isn't it? "Hey Zabenjo, did you hear? Wambua got his head cut off the yesterday", "Say what? I thought that was Khamisi..."

Disgusted? You should be.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I concur. I guess something needed to be done about the horrifying images of "the guy next door" white people having their heads sawn off.

I'm guessing you mean Americans/Brits and sometimes Japs/Spaniards/other industrialized nations. Most Ugandians are white.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

I concur. I guess something needed to be done about the horrifying images of "the guy next door" white people having their heads sawn off.

I'm guessing you mean Americans/Brits and sometimes Japs/Spaniards/other industrialized nations. Most Ugandians are white.

my bad lol i was thinking of uzbekistan

new topics

top topics

join