It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we ever have full fredom of information regarding aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Do you ever think that we will be granted the freedom of information regarding the existance of lifeforms not of this earth?

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
and by "possibly, depending on the situation"
I mean if a full invasion fleet apeared over america, europe and everywhere else would all of the goverments around the world turn into a Iraq Information minister and deny that they were there?

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't think that the info will be divulged to us from the powers that be, but rather a mass incident. I believe something will happen to such a scale that it will once and for all be in the open, and the government will have no choice but to concurr.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
To be honest!! I dont think most people would be.
people find it hard enough dealing with things that happened around us now, ie...terror attacks..causes mass panic ect....
It would also depend on the information....

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
and by "possibly, depending on the situation"
I mean if a full invasion fleet apeared over america, europe and everywhere else would all of the goverments around the world turn into a Iraq Information minister and deny that they were there?

ha ha yep im sure they would hire him

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I believe that information regarding aliens has been steadily introduced to the public for decades inorder to 'ease' us into the notion of ET intelligence. At some point, when it is judged that the public can easily handle the idea that an alien race might exist that can come to Earth... The aliens themselves will probably make an official 'first contact' move.

Personally, I feel that we might already have heard about the aliens if it were not for the popularity of legends that make aliens look purely evil. You see, the public can only hear about ET reality when it becomes evident that we won't panic, rob banks, and burn cities down. Sordid tales of alien 'battlefleets', though, give a chunk of the public the idea that aliens can only be evil... and so delay the date of ET revelation. So, if you REALLY want to know the truth, don't go around spreading internet folktales that depict aliens as 100% evil, but do so without any supporting evidence.

As a sidenote, notice how NASA is talking about astrobiology a lot more these days (Bush's nasa budget specifically mentioned the possibility of ET life). When the 'Origins' series of deep space telescopes is launched in about a decade, we will have the ability to detect Earth-like planets around other stars. At that point, it will become naturally evident to everyone that ETs might exist, and so some type of disclosure might occur then.

Jim

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Unless the Aliens decide to land their HUGE spacecraft in the White House Lawn in front of all the media for the world to see and an Alien ambassador gets off the ship and shakes Bush's hands smiling saying "we come in peace", I dont expect full dissclosure anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Unless the Aliens decide to land their HUGE spacecraft in the White House Lawn in front of all the media for the world to see and an Alien ambassador gets off the ship and shakes Bush's hands smiling saying "we come in peace", I dont expect full dissclosure anytime soon.

LMAO... I think they will keep it secret as long as they can, since it serves better their interest that way. They won't allow full disclorure as long as they will have any other option.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Shaking bushes hand?
I think not, im sure if they would to arrive they would scout our planet first, and figure which cultures are more hostile than others.
I really dont think Bush would be thier number one pick to shake hands with.
Im going with The Dali lama, or anyone else on that par.
Deep

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Dreams, you took the words out of my mouth. I also suspect that the idea of ET contact has been eased into the public consciousness by tv programs funded predominantly by giant media.

We will soon have contact.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There will never be total freedom of information about aliens and other topics as well. Holding back of information will always be used as an advantage by someone if possible.

It's been said by many ex-military who are leaking information that even say that as far as public release is concerned, some topics will just never be made available. Not even if the topic is beyond doubt or exposed by other souces, some things are apparently forever classified as far as releasing the info publicly. Basicly the same as "sticking to your guns" even if it no longer really makes a difference. It sounds stupid but it sounds so true when considering the mentality of Power Hungry Control Freaks and their Tricks of the Trade.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I guess its possible to argue back and forth on the topic. Looking at the information that has come out over the last couple of years, and the irrepressible tide of evidence...

I guess we'll just have to wait.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hrm.

The gov doesn't care what people "think" of aliens, it easily serves their purpose in confusing the masses as to what the real story is...

The Disclosure Project by Greer is what's going to be the official story, trust me. I doubt it's the true story. Greer is working with pyshics and military people. If that doesn't tell you something...

We're going to get a whole mass of "alien" false information from the government...this before or after the initial contact by them.

new topics

top topics

join