It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The false prophet/anti-christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Quite often on the ATS forums i'll see people quoting or refering to the bible, particularly the book of revelations.

I've never actually read the book, but apparently, pretty soon, we're gonna get a visit from this false prophet or 'Anti-christ' who will fool all into thinking he's god and bring about the apocalypse - or something like that anyway.

My question is this.....

...HOW THE HELL WILL HE FOOL ANYONE IF WE ALL KNOW HE'S COMMING!?!?!?

You know its like if some fortune teller or whatever predicts that a meteorite will hit australia this december, where is that last place on earth you'd be spending christmas this year.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its very simple, some Christians are gullible and take the word of the bible as 100% literal truth.
Every christian who in the past 2000 years has spouted "the lord will return soon", is a false prophet.

Revelations was included in the dogma specifically to scare people into believing.

"Holy Shamus a fire ball in the sky, the end is near!!!"
76 years later
"Oh my garter belt a fire ball in the sky, the end is near!!!"
76 years later...deja vu.

Turn on your TV to some religion channel and watch the glassed eyed cultists, that will answer your question about who would believe this anti-christ should he actually materialize...all those dumbthumbs in the bible belt thats who!!!

Look at the idiots who voted for Monkey-Boy because of his religious beliefs, something like 84% of the exit polls said that was a deciding factor!!

So all it takes is someone to say "I'm all about the Jeebus brother" and the flock follow, stupid sheeple.

Makes you want to get your religion degree and make some easy money and plenty of free love doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well thats putting it slightly harsher than i would, but i agree with most of your sentiments.

Yes, religion has been used many times over the milenia to control the masses, but its not all bad. Maybe there is a spiritual purpose to our existence, who knows??

Yet there are a few inherant contradictions in most of the major organised religions. The biggest one being that most religions are founded in ideals of peace and harmony, yet have been the apparent cause of more war, death and suffering than anything else.

In fact, did you know that more people have died in the name of jesus, a man who preached brotherhood, respect thy neighbour and turn the other cheek etc, than any other man or woman EVER!

He'd be turning in his grave if only he had one!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And that's most likely because they have been persecuted for their lies.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This

Well thats putting it slightly harsher than i would, but i agree with most of your sentiments.

Is your only clue to answering this

Originally posted by Abstrakt

...HOW THE HELL WILL HE FOOL ANYONE IF WE ALL KNOW HE'S COMMING!?!?!?

You dont really believe it and dont know the truth. So how will you know the lie when its here. (hint: part of it is here already and you dont even know it)

new topics

top topics

join