It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News' London Bureau Chief's Snafu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Scott Norvell, the London bureau chief for Fox News had this to say in an Op Ed with the Wall Street Journal, London:

slate.com
Even we at Fox News manage to get some lefties on the air occasionally, and often let them finish their sentences before we club them to death and feed the scraps to Karl Rove and Bill O'Reilly. And those who hate us can take solace in the fact that they aren't subsidizing Bill's bombast; we payers of the BBC license fee don't enjoy that peace of mind.

Fox News is, after all, a private channel and our presenters are quite open about where they stand on particular stories. That's our appeal. People watch us because they know what they are getting. The Beeb's institutionalized leftism would be easier to tolerate if the corporation was a little more honest about it.

He never openly states that the network is conservative, but it's strongly implied - to say the least. Obviously, this really doesn't come to as a suprise to many that are reading this, but hey, at least it's being admitted by Fox News higher-ups.

Maybe it's time they change their slogan before someone sues them for false advertising.

I bet Mr. Norvell received some angry memos from Fox management.

I found the full text of the op ed, about half way down the page on this www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">blog, it's under May, 24th and titled "An Aunt With an Attitude". It's a pretty interesting piece even with out the slip of the tongue. He's quite accurately critical of the "unbiased" BBC, in my opinion.

OYG

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
haha... I bet their ratings aren't as good as it is out here... I do like watching O'Reily though... He's so evil especially how he just gets stupid liberal people (the only kinds of liberals that make it on fox) to stutter at times just because he's so forceful with his interogation.... and Damn he wrote a book for KIDS!!!... Instilling his sick misinformation in the minds of innocent children.... man that to me is just some Michael Jackson Jesus Juice ish....

join