It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editing Avatars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone knew of any avatar editing tools to download.
Specifically I was wondering how to remove the black background of my avatar, so it matches the grey background.
I don't know anything about avatar editing so any help would be apreciated, THANKS.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well your avatar is a .gif file so get a program like Jasc's Animation shop, its a good program, there is a free trail of it too i beleive. Besides that I dont know of any avatar specific programs. I cant help much in the editing department though.

-Sarcasimo

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is just a test

[edit on 2/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

You can use limewire to get things like photoshop. it is up to you to make sure what you are doing is compliant with copyright and usage laws, but you can easily get access to good software there.

If you want something legal and free, look up GIMP. It is pretty good, even if it is a little hard to learn how to use.

i use Photoshop CS3, but i suck at photoshop. i made my avatar, but you can see that i still have some mistakes to work out. i am too lazy to screw with it right now...so it remains flawed.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Best way I know would be to use photoshop and create a background layer of the color you want..then with your avatar on top switch the top layer blending mode to "screen". All the black will become invisible allowing the background color (gray) to show through.

Edit: jeez, this thread if from 2002.
Moving to bts...

[edit on 2/8/2008 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join